• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic has kill shots!

locke7779

Smash Rookie
Many have complained about Sonics lack of kill moves. So have I while deciding whether to make him or snake my main. Upon playing everyday for at least 3 hours a day (at school we have a smash club lol) i have discovered that Sonic is equipped with more than one kill shot as long as the enemy is at about 70 damage and you can do the moves properly.

The problem is people what a sonic kill shot that is just a quick flick of the c-stick. The Fsmash works for that but it is not my favorite. Before I explain some of his killing moves i want so say that with Sonic, have no fear, if someone is at zero and you are above 70 go in and combo the crap out of them. Sonic is floaty so just DI and tech your way back onto the map.

Now for a few of my favorite killing moves.

Grabs:
To Grab out of a full speed sprint its like half a second before you get to the guy. I use LA to grab so i dont even have to move my hands and slow down. my friends complain that i can grab them while their doing their moves. Practice makes perfect.

Grab Back throw.
I have never really tested the percentage but with Sonic running and grabbing is a godsend if someone is close to the edge of a map with above 100 the grab back throw (where he rolls and throws them) will usually kill them for me (more so if it is someone with bad recovery). If they dont die then your set up for a edgeguard or a Fair while they try to recovery.

The up throw can also set up more kill shots, Sonics air game is where he is best at, grab somone up throw, uair- if that does not do it then they should be off the top of the screen and just go up and use fair or another uair that is almost a guaranteed killed even if you started the combo at like 60% Since Sonic jumps so high he can kill people while they are not even visible ( my favorite way to kill)

Utilt
Probaly another one of my favorite moves the double kick. It looks cool and it can KO certain characters at around 100 and above damage. If they dont die it sets you up for more air games

For the annoying person that wont die no matter how much damage they have.
WE all know these people, their damage goes to around 160 and they just keep coming back its the most annoying thing in the world but a simple homing attack will fix that once that damage is over 150. i find that jumping above where you think they will land works perfectly because it covers their whole flight path to that spot.

AND my favorite: The curry, taunt, beat the crap out of anyone.
I discovered this one day while fighting two friends. I combo ike off the stage and its just me and lucas and he has about 50% less than i do but i start taunting "your too slow!" he runs toward me and curry drops on a platform i go over and get it and keep up with him. NO CHARACTER CAN GET AWAY FROM SONIC WITH CURRY!! He is just too fast. So i completely stop and he gets trapped in the flames and i start taunting while the curry is pumping his % up ROFL. One Utilt and lucas flies, sonic wins. DANG my best win ever.

Well thats about it for me, keep in mind that thats my first ever long post so tell me what yall think.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Hey man, Glad to see another Sonic main joining us! You might want to look around a little more before you start posting about. There a lot of posts about this kind of thing.

I would advise you read the stickies of this forum and see whats going on. If you have any specific questions after looking, that would be a good time to post.

Make sure you check out LuCKy's sonic guide as well!

Umby

Smash Master
bthrow isn't even really a kill move by itself, unless you're to the far edge of a walk off stage, and utilt doesn't KO until **** high percentages.

locke7779

Smash Rookie
just asked the administration, and we have a room with 3 Tvs in it at all times so we have 2 cubes and a wii or 3 cubes or 2 wiis lol w/e the combo is

Tenki

Smash Hero
i'm liking how this thread came up while i was working on trying to figure out someone's kill combo ;D

learntofly mentioned doing an up-throw, spring, and finishing someone with a b-air, and i messed around with it and got some pretty accurate results =D
It's in Kuja's thread: (In)Complete guide to making Sonic an anoying ___!

I chose a few characters to try to get an idea of how much to damage you'd need to get the person to fly up the correct height for the combo to hit. After the U-throw, there's still a tiny window where your opponent can dodge (but that's only if they air-dodge immediately), but the height should be perfect as long as your opponent is within 5% of the "sweet damage" that I'm about to list:

(keep in mind that training assumes that you have NO stale move effect, so assume that you never used B-air to damage anyone)

Light weights (MK, Pikachu... etc): 110%
Medium weights (Marth, Star Fox... etc): 120%
Upper-Medium weights (Snake, Ganondorf..etc): 130%
Heavy-weights (Ike, Dedede, Bowser...): 140%

hooray. i has a kill move.
If their damage is too high, you'll throw them too high, and vice versa if it's too low. 10% can make the difference, so try to do it as close to the perfect % as possible.

I'm not sure just how much the stale-move effect will change it, but this is a pretty awesome finisher if you save your kill moves until the perfect damage %.

[edit]apparently the up-throw isn't affected by stale move effect, I think... so it still works.
Also, if you deal too much damage, you can always just delay using the spring. The original %'s I put up there assume that you use spring exactly after you throw the person, so it's all good :chuckle:

Top Bottom