• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic has been nerfed in 2.6

Ekcho

Smash Rookie
As you all know, Sonic has been majorly nerfed. The biggest three are:
He can't wavedash out of Down B. He can't combo as well with out this, and that is a MAJOR problem. That was Sonic's bread & butter and now it's gone.
He can't dodge in midair after doing an aerial attack. This was helpful for recovery.
And for some reason I feel the F-air is harder to spike with.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, I think he can't wall jump. Again recovery.

Ekcho

Smash Rookie
Oh, and his homing attack sends the opponents up. I forgot to mention that one.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
-You don't need spindash roll to do combos, get creative.

-Homing attack is perfect. Using it offstage sets up for a fair meteor and much more.

-His Fair isn't harder to meteor with, it just comes out faster. You're most likely mistiming it.

-Perhaps you should consider walljumping BEFORE you use your recovery.

2.6 has barely been out for 2 days; adapt or move on.

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
Hi i am looking for some tips for sonic 2.6
so far i got the gattling combo down.
I typically stomp out of a spindash (with L cancel of course).
running -> down -> c-stick punch is always awesome
up-tilt combos still work:
up-tilt -> slightly move forward -> up-tilt -> short hop -> N-Air -> up-tilt -> jump -> sour f-air -> jump -> meteor f-air (hopefully they will be off edge by this point)

but what i miss from 2.5 was being able to spindash through a shield, Reverse B BA then repeat a second time. that put a lot of pressure on my opponent!
I need another good pressure tech to use while spinning!
bait and punish tips are useful but i prefer to pressure my opponents up close! (except peach)
also what throws are good to follow up with a gattling combo?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Hi i am looking for some tips for sonic 2.6
so far i got the gattling combo down.
I typically stomp out of a spindash (with L cancel of course).
running -> down -> c-stick punch is always awesome
up-tilt combos still work:
up-tilt -> slightly move forward -> up-tilt -> short hop -> N-Air -> up-tilt -> jump -> sour f-air -> jump -> meteor f-air (hopefully they will be off edge by this point)

but what i miss from 2.5 was being able to spindash through a shield, Reverse B BA then repeat a second time. that put a lot of pressure on my opponent!
I need another good pressure tech to use while spinning!
bait and punish tips are useful but i prefer to pressure my opponents up close! (except peach)
also what throws are good to follow up with a gattling combo?

There is no pressure technique with spin anymore. Maybe spin, turnaround jump > dair puts a little pressure but not a frame trap. only semi pressure u might do is something like FF nair to jab.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Yeah I just realized it's like falcons. I also noticed all those string wizzrobe does are no longer possible. No Wavedash out of forward B or down B now? I'll need to see a 2.6 video.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
There is, however, a timer on Side-B now.

Really wish it'd get the boot by 3.0, though. Seems way too odd as it is, but honestly a flash telling the player when he can move would be nice as well, if we can't get the old Side-B back.

Top Bottom