• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic glitch recovery?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well, the longest one goes from the very edge of FD to the far corner of the middle diamond. Dunno if you're doing it shorter than that or not, as I consider that the only really applicable one.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Using the jump button can take you that far. I shouldn't have mentioned distance, you guys can figure it out for yourselves and I'm just making things needlessly complicated by bringing it up.

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, read my edit, I've made a mistake and in fact you were closer to the truth originally than I was. But I'm positive that my assessment NOW is correct:

1) Can be done with side b on the ground or in the air
2) Can be done with down b in the air
3) Smash stick right after b is released
4) Any angle that's up will basically work, but it's easiest just to smash it diagonally or straight up
5) Requires some charging of the b before it can be released

Also while toying around with this I've found another method of jumping out of the side b but I'll test this much more first before saying anything more.
who was this directed to.

Slingshot sounds poo,
now spinshot sounds more appealing. Shot in itself is one syllable and its powerful.
Jumpshot -shotJump
poo-fling!

and come on dont forget about my loser arse, i've been messing around tryin to get that jump down till orochi put it up on vid and then me n twinkle put up some info in the sonic tech thread. Tell ya, no respect nyuk-nyuk-nyuk.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I was talking to Zeal but whatever. I ultimately don't care who gets credited with the "discovery" just so long as other Sonic players hear about it and help make corrections to faulty assumptions. You definitely helped point out that the down-b didn't need to be charged as much and Zeal was right to say that the timing was key.

And naming is just for convenience. I guess I just want a name everyone likes so it gets used faster. It's confusing for people to keep saying "spin jump glitch thing" and it takes too long to type that out all the time.

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
the spinshot u used sounds cool.

Imma go to beds.................................come n tuck me into bed 2night?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I like spinshot. SS is a cute abbreviation, too. =D

No one person discovered it, I dun think. We all kinda stumbled upon it at the same time.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yeah.... I'm flattered, but this isn't that kind of relationship.

EDIT: Spin shot it is. From now on anyone that calls it otherwise shall be smote.

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
cool then then it is a team thing, we're all in this together.

Wut bout u interim can u come and tuck me into bed?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sorry, guy. You must be at least this tall to ride the ride.

And female.

Actually, forget the height thing, you just have to be an attractive female.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We need to get video of this. The decription and process are confusing the hell outta me.

****it Zeal, you have yet to tell me of this Sonic Infinite Jump.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
But I has told everyone. D: D: D: D: D:

Just like Bowser's. Sonic can also use the vB, but it's more difficult, and always sends you forward.

Btw, 20+ matches on WiFi with my Sonic, and not one loss yet. Everyone I've played thus far has been on the boards. Wooooo.

(however, I refuse to play MikeZor or Timotee on WiFi with Sonic until I lose. XD)

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
Do you have replay's that we could watch Zeal? I'm really interested in seeing some of your matches as I'm getting more and more frustrated with not being able to KO people :(

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
An example of how to would be awesome... The only way I can usually get killed without chasing to the edge which is avoidable on their part.. and gimping which isn't always successful...

If you can provide a concrete kill move for me that doesn't need 180% to work please let me know :D

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
@ whoever can do this: So this can be done with the jump button, instead of the control stick? I find Sonic to be alot easier witht the tap jump off.

@zeal: 20 matches, FFA, With Anyone, 2 losses. I really want to play you, Sonic dittos, but I live in NY. A bit too far, no?

@tadpole: you could always chase off the top of the screen.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Allright guys. Omni finally put all my glitch data into one video... he put my sonic glitch at the end at 9:40 so you guys who haven't seen it yet now can...

... sorry guys... by the time we started making it, a name wasn't decided so we just called it spin jump.... sorry. maybe you can get your other name to stick if you press it hard enough...

anyway... here's the link the the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAZf6RSrxXc

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Practiced it for around an 2 hours. I can perform it with a success rate of around 2/5.
Takes alot of practice. Maybe even more than what the waveshine needed.

As for names, "spin-shot" sounds more appealing than "spin jump" IMO.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Personally, short hop > down-b >instant JC with no charge is waaaay more useful than the side b method I mentioned earlier, in my opinion.

Catinthehat, we could do a few intro matches v my Zelda, then, if we don't lag at all, we can try my Sonic. That's how I normally do it, anyway. XD

Tadpole, fsmash and bair are hella reliable. Air pivot back airs catch people off guard so often that it's kinda funny. Go waaaaaaay the hell out there to hit the enemy. They'll normally die. That's how Sonic rolls.

One thing to try, if they're at killing percent, don't focus on killing them. If you do that, you'll become predictable. Keep wracking up damage while looking for the perfect opportunity, and you'll do fine.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Hard to gimp but easy to kill :D
If you fight Pit and Metaknight enough you begin to think Marth in Brawl is really laggy.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
I hate to beat a dead horse, but...

I've found that using the spin shot with >B is more practical. This is more than just a recovery tactic, it can be used to close the horizontal gap mid-air very easily. With that in mind, if I'm flying one direction and want to use the spin shot in the other direction, I simply use >B in that direction. You don't have that freedom with vB.

So that new viewers might be less confused when reading this, I thought I'd also point out that the only requirement for using this move is that you start a >B in the direction you want to shoot yourself, wait about 1 second, then let go of B and quickly hit A. You can also tap up on the control stick or use a jump of any kind in place of A.

Top Bottom