• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic franchise's item

Withouthatred

Smash Cadet
about 18 seconds before the end of the video, on delfina plaza, you can see sonic bouncing off a spring.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
I hope that's not his Up + B move. I was hoping that if Sonic ever got in he would use Chaos Control as a teleport like Mewtwo or Zelda. It may be a stretch since Chaos Control is technically Shadow's move but Sonic DOES use it in SA:2. And they're also using the "Live and Learn" music from SA:2 so the game isn't too old or irrelevant to be used as source material.

Chaos Control > Magical Spring appearing out of nowhere
Especially since Sonic apparently has all the Chaos Emeralds anyways and it appears (to me at least) that his Final Smash is gonna be Super Sonic.

Sonic could work so well in so many ways depending upon which rumors are true and which ones aren't. If the "Customizable Characters" rumor is true, then maybe you can switch between the Spring and Chaos Control. If the "Alternate Costumes" rumor is true then you could have Shadow and Mecha Sonic as alternate versions of Sonic.. etc. etc.

But I'm just daydreaming at this point. Guess I better get uses to the rolling attacks that Yoshi and Jigglypuff use because it looks like Sonic is going to have a similar move with his spin dash.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm pretty positive the Spring Board is his up special. They even show him using it twice; the first time is actually in actual combat and you can see it just magically appear under him before he uses it.

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
Sonic UpB is a spring, its just that the spring stay on the ground for short moment so other players can use it.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I'm thinking that Sonic's item should be a ring, that when you grab it, you can do a homing attack on the fighter nearest to you.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's up+b is the spring.

This was mentioned on the Dojo and seen many times at E For All.

If used on the ground, other characters can utilize it.

If used on the air, the spring will fall and can hit other characters that it comes into contact with.

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking that Sonic's item should be a ring, that when you grab it, you can do a homing attack on the fighter nearest to you.
The ring is more for speed than a homing attack.
Player who get a ring in the stage should do a spin dash. XD

Sonic item in Brawl?
Well, on a sonic stage they could have the classic monitors that you could bust and get 10 rings or a mushroom or whatever is on the screen. That'd be awesome.
Individual items though... probably still the spring. Diddy can throw bananas, and that's an item in itself. Other then the spring possibly the speed up shoe from the classic games that makes one go crazy fast (but that would be a bunny hood repeat). Shields would be a nice feature!

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
Er... if you're responding to me, then yes. I know now that it's his Up+B.

This thread started before that announcement was made, and so it was a hopeful guess.

I don't think that this question is even relevant any more. It has been answered.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
If an item should get in, it should be rings. And they should be able to be picked up by just walking into them (like Starmen). Its effect could be that it heals 1% per ring.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I think the ring protecting you from one hit is a good idea, but perhaps you would have Sonic-like knockback the next time you even took one point of damage, perhaps setting you up for another attack. And yes, a Sonic stage should have those classic monitors, because hey, the Mario stage had ? blocks.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I'm hoping in Sonic's stage, all the capsules will be replaced by TVs with items on them, that you can get out by jumping on them.

Top Bottom