• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic f-smash discovery

Hero Reborn

Smash Cadet
While being charged, Sonic's f-smash can be directed up or down depend on where you tilt the control stick, sending the opponent flying accordingly. This attack may provide some edge guarding oppurtunities. Perhaps tilting down may spike the opponent downwards out the ring. I'll post more details later.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
yea this is already known but i didn't know it until i saw it in ONE post in a huge thread about sonic so just keep it up here and yea you can hit somebody thats hanging on the edge and isn't invincible

Aftermath

Smash Champion
both the angled down and non-angled hit people hanging on the edge, and angling it down doesn't give much more use for edgeguarding thanks to the auto-sweetspotting of brawl.

The only interesting thing that people don't already know about this is that the angled upwards fsmash does 1% more than normal, has more knockback (kills about 5% earlier without DI), and sends them more upward (by a very small factor), and angling it down does 1% less than normal, has less knockback (5% later without DI), and sends them more horizontally (again, a pretty negligible amount).

Sonic's main use of this would obviously be for angling it up to have a slightly better chance of hitting opponents approaching from the air. You can angle it while charging, or by holding up while csticking the fsmash.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
both the angled down and non-angled hit people hanging on the edge, and angling it down doesn't give much more use for edgeguarding thanks to the auto-sweetspotting of brawl.

The only interesting thing that people don't already know about this is that the angled upwards fsmash does 1% more than normal, has more knockback (kills about 5% earlier without DI), and sends them more upward (by a very small factor), and angling it down does 1% less than normal, has less knockback (5% later without DI), and sends them more horizontally (again, a pretty negligible amount).

Sonic's main use of this would obviously be for angling it up to have a slightly better chance of hitting opponents approaching from the air. You can angle it while charging, or by holding up while csticking the fsmash.
Didn't know that bit, that's pretty neat. Gogo Aftermath.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Lolz this explains a lot... but when i do that, lets say i punch to the left, well sometimes the opponent flies to the right-upward is that normal? Everytime that happens i'm like "WTF this game is crazy..." :laugh:

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
He must have been on the far right of the hitbox or something, like how CF's flying knee sometimes send people backwards.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
speaking of Fair, anyone figure out if sonic can deflect things with it? I did it against link's boomerang (and it hurt him), but I'm not sure if that's a property of sonic or the boomerang.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Lolz this explains a lot... but when i do that, lets say i punch to the left, well sometimes the opponent flies to the right-upward is that normal? Everytime that happens i'm like "WTF this game is crazy..." :laugh:
It seems like Sonic has a hitbox on his back shoulder when he's doing the move, and that one reverses the trajectory. Sort of like how on his bair, his entire body has a hitbox, but only hitting with the foot sends them the correct direction.

Orange_Soda_Man - That's not what's being discussed but it seems to be a property of some part of the fair. Try reposting what happened in the "Sonic Tech/Glitch/Non-obvious move" thread and maybe some people can do a bit more experimenting and figure out precisely how to do it.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
it makes sense. sonic would most likely be punching them in the face.

rather than the stomach or legs.

a sonic glove to the face would hurt so bad.

Cobros

Smash Rookie
It is handy to K.O everyone on high damage (With a side sweep) and juggle opponents on low damage.

Top Bottom