• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic & Diddy, the tagteam discussion.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Heya fellas, Kinzer the Hedgehog here! I'm just making this announcement thread to let y'all know that back at the Sonic boards, I have a 2 on 2 discussion guide-thing going on, and I have gotten up to character #7 A.K.A. Diddy Kong.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205101

There's the thread if you feel like looking at it, I could really use your help! Really, I know next to nothing about Diddy Kong other than the nanerz...

Thanks in advance, and see ya there!

By the way, if you believe the fallacy about the SBR saying that Sonic's dash attack doesn't go over Diddy's bananas, you're terribly misinformed. Anything else mentioned is fair game.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
i think diddy is one of the worst doubles characters, bananas are way to hard to control with four players on the screen and they can mess up your partner

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eh while that might be true to and extent, usually if Diddy and his partner can hold on to the nanerz and watch out for the other, it makes things a little easier.

Besides that, I'm bumping this thread because I want a little more input from the Diddys. I'm going to update my OP once I have the time to do it.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
i officially dont like using diddy in teams, i think using dk will serve a better purpose. i dont think sonic is a good team character either. He works better 1v1 i think but all the sonic team practice i got was before that gamestop tourney when i used to main him. The way i feel about it is i dont think two characters that do bad in teams would make an effective team.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Sonic has a great glide toss and can use the banana's to his advantage. I've teamed with a Sonic and we did pretty good.

Irsic

Smash Ace
???

I use Diddy quite effectively in teams. It's generally a lot safer to just use 1 banana though, but if your teammate is good at using bananas as well, then hell bring 'em out. I have a Donkey Kong partner and we just destroy people.

Have you seen Donkey's glide toss? It's just plain ridiculous. I personally think Diddy is great in 2s.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
While people say Sonic isn't a good team player, I'm forced to make a guide for him regardless.

Ah screw it, there's too many reasons to mention why I am doing this, but the most balant one of them all, is that I just feel like it.

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this thread for a third and final time when I get the Diddy write-up done, which should be in a few hours from now if not two-days at the latest.

Top Bottom