• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic CD Thread | Out for Xbox/PSN/iPhone/Android !

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well, that video came out after I mentioned the tentative date, so I'm in the clear :p

Now to register onto XBLA and get MS points.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oh, look at that, the "Future" in the time post is designed differently than what it originally was.

Possibly be a sign of time-travel elements in Sonic 4: Episode 2, since Sonic CD is now being penned as its prequel?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know, I WOULD buy this if Microsoft wouldn't refuse to give me my reward points they've been owing me for the past what? 3 months? I literally have 390 points and they won't give me my lacking 10 points

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The game is available for download on XBLA right now.

Taxman, the one who created the engine for the port, hinted at the significance of the numbers "32" and "8" a few hours ago. Could stand for a Sound Test code, or something else.

D

Deleted member

The U.S. soundtrack is on this, right?

I was really disappointed when Sonic Generations mixed the Stardust Speedway(Bad Future) from the JP soundtrack. That version sounds terrible in comparison, IMO.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You have the choice of toggling between either soundtrack, but the vocal version of Sonic Boom is not available.

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
**** man I'm pissed I'm gonna have to pay some money for this game even though I have 380 points left and I only have 90 reward points which I could cash in today if only M$$$$$ would let me get 10 more ****ing points even though I used Netflix on my 360 and those points never registered and I spent 2 hours on support about this last night and got hung up 5 times by the guy on the other line because incompetence and even got hung up on the final call I made to them even before I actually got a representative on the other line to say hello

**** this **** now I have to pay more money than I should the MSP system bites ***

BSP

Smash Legend
I might have to see about getting this. It's cheap, and CD's the only 2D I haven't played

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I got this for my phone right now I'm so happy to have Sonic CD on the go now. Sonic 2 was getting boring after a year and a half already anyways

Now all SEGA has to do for me to love then forever is to at the very least release a port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles for ios at least (preferable a remake though >.>). I mean they have their entire 2D library but Sonic 3 & Knuckles so it'd make sense if they did that. They even have Sonic Spinball but not Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
Man I got this for my phone right now I'm so happy to have Sonic CD on the go now. Sonic 2 was getting boring after a year and a half already anyways

Now all SEGA has to do for me to love then forever is to at the very least release a port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles for ios at least (preferable a remake though >.>). I mean they have their entire 2D library but Sonic 3 & Knuckles so it'd make sense if they did that. They even have Sonic Spinball but not Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Probably beacuse *gasp* Sonic 3 and Knuckles is tehnically 2 different GAMES!

In other words, you need to take Sonic 3 and out it in Sonic and Knuckles!

But, Ipods seem to have chocking problems with that. Or that's what they say.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No.

Originally, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was supposed to be all one game, but time constraints prevented that form happening. Thus we have what we got.

Doesn't make it any less awesome, though.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
No.

Originally, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was supposed to be all one game, but time constraints prevented that form happening. Thus we have what we got.

Doesn't make it any less awesome, though.
What does that have to do with anything? point is it's not one game. Which is apparently the excuse as to why the Ipod chockes on it.

Originally means crap if it didn't happen.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You realize there's a ROM that runs it perfectly, right?

And when the two games were connected, they were technically a single file. Therefore, they are one game.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah they ARE one game. It just has not been ever released in that entity stand alone. That's the gimmick. You pay for both games to get Sonic 3 & Knuckles. If they were to release it in this form, which they may in the future, they lose out on individual sales for either sonic 3 or sonic and knuckles, they'll milk that lock on concept for as long as this holds true.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna be honest, I seriously would not care at all if they actually did release S3&K as separate games. The only thing that would seriously bother me about that is if I didn't get the option to somehow merge those games into one app or something after I did buy both of them so I don't have to be switching back in forth between apps to get the full experience

And I beat this game today on my phone. I'm going to say the game was REALLY easy, but that's only if you actually rush through the levels and not go back to collect time stones which is where the real challenge of the game comes from. And Dr. Robotnik is a complete push over at the end. He was too easy. SEGA did an amazing job with this game except at the very end where the enemy is a giant + tetris block :/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sorry to double post an infract me if you want F8AL but I'm having a problem with the and at the moment on iOS. For some reason all music stopped playing on my app at all. No sound effects, no bg music, nothing. The only audio that plays is the beginning cutscenes where Sonic finds Little Planet chained and MAYBE the ending cutscenes where he escapes from Little Planet (I haven't gotten that far with no audio). I want to say it's because I shut down the app while playing with Tails because something came up, but that shouldn't really be a reason shouldn't it? I was wondering if there was anything I could do about this because seriously no audio from the game really sucks when you have both soundtracks to choose from and all the music on those tracks are just great. It's seriously everything but the cutscenes that doesn't play. It's the SEGA jingle, menu music, and title screen even. I seriously would like to see a solution to my problem without erasing the app and reinstall it so I can keep my data

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah there have been bugs as well. You may have to remove and re-install it for now.

If you have the time, report it here and it will be taken into account in the next update

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27351&st=0
Damn it, oh well, at least it doesn't ruin my achievements and I REALLY hope my data doesn't erase completely, but if I get to use the music, which is a large reason why I wanted to buy the game in the first place, then I'll do it.

And thanks for the link, I'll make a post there about it

EDIT:

So it turns out that I had to restart my iPhone for the app to start working again properly. Now I'm happy that my music is back

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I wonder how Roy Campell doing? Lecturing Tails to not mess with the past and alter the future? Maybe.

The game hates me for no reason. I did beat the game though.(Sonic) And currently doing it again.(Tails)
I am waiting for Knuckles to be a playable character... Just to make the time paradox bigger and make him interact with the past and alter the future and make a Sonic '06 ending.(I mean the game never happened, as in the story. Is that game even Canon?)

I wanna see Mario in the next update. :troll:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, it's cannon. It's either placed between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, or it's places between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2. It seems more likely that it's between the latter though. It seems kinda odd that Robotnik would make the death egg and then go about to mechanize Little Planet up, so Sonic 1-2 seems more logical

Top Bottom