• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic 2 - all emeralds on stage 1

LLDL

Smash Hero
I know that this isn't Brawl related, but it's sonic related.

Couple of days ago after school I decided to just do this, it's not my fastest time

but, I thought it would entertain you guys (well, those of you who like sonic 2)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tkEIkTZkXRI

Sp3ed0fSoUnD

Smash Cadet
That was cool! I love and miss that game so much. Dr. Robotnik has nothin on Super Sonic =) lol I remember gettin all the chaos emeralds, but you did it extremely fast, good job *thumbs up*

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can do it faster.

In fact, I pulled off the "get all chaos emeralds trick" when I was 7-8 years old on Act 2 of level 1.

It's really easy.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I played these genesis games when I was like 6 and couldnt beat any of them. Now Im 10 years older and still have trouble beating them on the mega collection. Thank god for the save progress feature :D

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I could only find 4 or 5 chechpoints in the first zone, best I got was all seven in Chemical plant act 2. I almost forgot Super Sonic had his own theme music in Sonic 2. They could've beefed it up for brawl.

Oh yeah, wrong section.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I blame n00by Tails for my failure of collecting chaos emeralds, I find it difficult for some reason ;(
Though on a Sonic 2 note, I'm dead meticulous about the first level and well speedruns of the game in general I guess. 1.26 seconds off the world record in act 1 :( but I'm working on it.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
If it didn't take 20 minutes to get all the emeralds, I'd go for it. You can probably beat the game in about the same amount of time, maybe less if there's glitches you can abuse (I'm not really sure).

Good job, nonetheless. ^^

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How long does super sonic last on Sonic 2?
Once you get the 7 Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2, grab 50 rings and jump to transform into Super Sonic.

Once transformed, you slowly start to lost 1 ring per second, and you must constantly refill your rings.

Once your ring count hits zero, you transform back to regular Sonic. So the answer to your question:

However long as how many rings you have at any given time as Super Sonic.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
man, so last night i was up at like.. 2 am on a work night watching these blasted sonic speed runs. And i noticed that sonic really does kinda control similar in brawl, i mean other than being a lot slower and less glitchy that is.

It just inspires me to play harder and faster. I wonder if any sonic user will ever look that fast in brawl.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom