• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Song (Up B) Combo?

OneShot

Smash Rookie
I was messing around playing Puff yesterday and eventually I began throwing my friend off stage and trying to hit an Up B off stage to rest him, leading to his death, I was not succesfull in hitting this once. I looked up "Jigglypuff Up B Combo/Jigglypuff Song Combo" on every outlet I could think of for meele but I found nothing. I was curious to see if anyone has hit this, or if anyone knows if doing this is even possible. Thanks :D

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff's Sing attack is pretty much terrible in every regard possible. It doesn't work against airborne opponents and they can also usually mash out of it on the ground faster than you can even finish singing to take advantage of it. The ONLY time it has any sort of use is if you use it on the ledge and cancel your sing animation by grabbing the ledge. However, Jigglypuff just has so many better options to choose from the ledge that its still not worth it, maybe once in a blue moon but thats about it.

Sagacious

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2155-9551
Jigglypuff's Sing attack is pretty much terrible in every regard possible. It doesn't work against airborne opponents and they can also usually mash out of it on the ground faster than you can even finish singing to take advantage of it. The ONLY time it has any sort of use is if you use it on the ledge and cancel your sing animation by grabbing the ledge. However, Jigglypuff just has so many better options to choose from the ledge that its still not worth it, maybe once in a blue moon but thats about it.
I agree with using it on the ledge. I was versing a Sheik today who was very aggressive on the ledge when I was offstage. I noticed he was actually so close to the ledge that I could sing ledge cancel > rest him. Which I did. However, only use this if they are literally RIGHT at the edge of the stage. It can be useful but it's rare. I use rollout more than I use sing.

Also, Jigglymaster is wrong about the players mashing out. It's impossible to mash out of sleeps in Melee (whereas in Project M you can mash out). The higher the enemy's percent is, the longer it will take for them to get out of sleep. I know for sure that the opponent being at 25% and then singed gives them short enough time to come out of it and hit you while you're still singing.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Also, Jigglymaster is wrong about the players mashing out. It's impossible to mash out of sleeps in Melee (whereas in Project M you can mash out). The higher the enemy's percent is, the longer it will take for them to get out of sleep. I know for sure that the opponent being at 25% and then singed gives them short enough time to come out of it and hit you while you're still singing.
Is that so? Huh, must've been a Brawl thing only. In Brawl a player can mash out of sing and wake up faster than Jiggs can finish up till 200%

But in all honesty I don't think it really matters, Jigglypuff has a ton of ways to confirm into rest and she doesn't need to even attempt sing let alone not on the ledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom