• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something wierd: slow-mo dash and "surf" dash

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Already talked about here, but I'll leave my original ish:

-----------------------

I did this by accident the other day. At any time during a full dash, release the stick to stop, then at the last moment before fully stopping, tilt it again in the same direction VERY slightly. One of two things will happen:

1) If you tilt the stick slightly, but continue the tilt into the full direction, you will go back into the dash animation but at a very slow starting speed. It puts Sonic's shoes in the full-run blur but you start off very slow, which looks very cool. This is what I did on accident.

2) If you tilt the stick super slightly but no further, Sonic will go into this surf looking pose and slide across the ground (I think it's the walk-stopping animation but not sure). If done to it's maximum effect, you can slide halfway across FD.

If you get somewhere in between 1 and 2, you will get the surf, but also a dash-skid at the end. From the surf you are technically in a dash, because attacking will bring out the dash attack. If the skid comes out afterwards, it's pretty much like a fox trot at that point in terms of what you can do out of it.

If this is old, let me know so I don't waste time on a vid. I can have a vid of this up by the end of the day, but it's not hard to do so it shouldn't take long for you guys to recreate.

Top Bottom