• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something quite new....

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
Well, i just have come up with this idea, so don't like beat me up or anything about this....

What if, the old Super Smash Bros. on the nintendo 64 , all the levels included, and the Super Smash Bros. Melee, including the levels, all went onto Brawl? Wouldn't that be weird? like, old school mario against new school kirby? that would rock! Although, alot of people don't like the old (the one on the nintendo 64)Super Smash bros., it's my favorite one in the series...

I've never heard of a topic like this, and thought that i should share it with my bretherin....peace out! if you have any ideas, please list them onto here!

Oh, and does anyone want to start a Clan onto here?
I don't feel like going to the clan forumns, so can someone do a 64 clan with me? Thanks for y'alls time!

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i dunno. They'd probably be trophies and not playables. Although many love the old days (like the real funny commercial that started this all) remade levels, but not character would be put in.

like the remake of the famous yoshi stage. on the new ssb vid sakurai put out. stuff like that

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
i mean, it would be cool to play with the old characters, but alot of my friends that own the Super Smash Bros. Melee and the older version think that SSB is just too slow, but the fighting system in my opinon is better than that of the SSBM. I like the old characters, and i wish that they re-made just a few levels on that game:

Star Fox's Ship- I like the size of it, and it was by far the best level on the game.

Mushroom Kingdom level- The one that had the bridge going back and forth, and the little shield at the top of the screen. I liked that level, it was the 2nd best level to me in that game.

Kirby's Dream Land- I liked that level the best, mainly because the size, but there's only one problem; the tree. Of course, i guess that there's always gotta be an obstacle on each course.

I would worship Sakurai for the rest of my life if he remade those three levels. I know, I know, on super smash bros. melee on the gamecube, they had the "secret" level of Dream Land, but that's not the kind of remodeling that I want done to it, if you get what I mean...:cool: :) :dizzy: :confused:

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
What I wouldn't give to be able to play Hyrule Castle, Brinstar, and Mario Bros. House (can't remember the name) 64 again!

I would also love to see Dream Land 64 return again. It was my favorite level in both 64 and Melee (along with Pokemon Stadium and Fountain of Dreams). Seriously, the music, the tree, the massively perfect arena!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
i wouldnt want all the stages... yoshi 64 needs to burn... i hated the way it was in melee...

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
I was just playing a match on Melee, here were the character(s) and results:

Stage: Final Destination
Characters: Mario (me), Bowser lvl9, Falco lvl9, and pichu lvl9.
pichu=4th place
mario=3rd place
falco=2nd place
bowser=1st place

a 6 stock match
Ah, waiting for Brawl has never felt soooo good! :D =D =P XD
Oh, and by the way, thanks for the support on this post so far, and for all of the good comments and ideas! keep up the good work!
I do agree that they need to get rid of Yoshi's 64 stage.
I only liked it because i could go onto the clouds and waited until the match ended.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
they need to have a bigger version of final destination, wit h less....trippy graphics. Some old stages would be cool ( like how they did it in melee). I remember when that kirby stage was the ****.

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
they need to have a bigger version of final destination, wit h less....trippy graphics. Some old stages would be cool ( like how they did it in melee). I remember when that kirby stage was the ****.
I agree with you on that they need to make a bigger version of final destination, but it's pretty dang big the way it is now. I hope that they remake some of their past level designs, but i doubt it. the new stages seem okay, from the two movies they've made so far. I wish that brawl would at least come out a month earlier than june 1st. that's too long to wait for it, if your a hardcore fan like me and my friends. im the only person out of all of my friends that has a wii. i stood in line for it the day it came out with my dad for about 12-13 hours. my mom thought i was crazy, but when she started to play it, she said "im glad you guys stood in line!"
well, i can't stop playing SSBM, and later on this weekend im going to switch around my room, and my tv to eye level, so i don't have to crane my neck upwards when i play a video game. on friday after school, im going to go work with my mom at a convention and get somewhere near $60. i will then have enough to buy a used gamecube, because ours recently just broke. We've had our gamecube since the day it came out. i remember my dad standing in line, and he came home with a black gamecube and luigi's mansion. ah, the good old days......

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
dude, even the creator, sakurai, said that it would come out on June 1st. In a Game Informer magazine, one month they did a release date for Brawl, and it was June 1st. You can even look it up on the Internet on Google, yahoo, or even MSN to find that out. So, have the information correct when you answer something. It might not come out until December next year, but they're saying that it's expected launch date is June 1st, and all we can do is pray that that's the release date.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
dude, even the creator, sakurai, said that it would come out on June 1st. In a Game Informer magazine, one month they did a release date for Brawl, and it was June 1st. You can even look it up on the Internet on Google, yahoo, or even MSN to find that out. So, have the information correct when you answer something. It might not come out until December next year, but they're saying that it's expected launch date is June 1st, and all we can do is pray that that's the release date.
Sakurai said nothing of the kind:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/index.html
http://wii.ign.com/objects/748/748545.html

One of those links claims that Japan will recieve it on December 31st, which is quite a bit after June 1st.

Wikipedia also says nothing of a release date, and if anywhere is going to contain nerd info, it's going to be Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

The only place that cites June 1st is 1up.com, and they are hardly a credible source.

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3141681

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Trust me, if there was announced release date, it would be all over the internet and publications, and not just as a blurb, but as a headline. Often gaming sites and magazines will give preliminary or speculated release dates in game profiles because it gets people more hyped than "TBA" would. This is one of the reasons you should have multiple sources for you gaming news. It's an unfortunate situation, but it's true.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
This is a pretty good idea, i think, i liked a lot of the ssb 64 stages that weren't in melee.
One thing they could potentially do is include the older versions of the characters, like as alternate costumes so you could pick ssb 64 kirby or melee kirby or brawl kirby. the only problem with that is that they added the air dodge and several new attack properties in melee and now it seems they're adding crawling and other things, which could provide more compatibility issues. but other than that, i like it.

marthsword

Smash Ace
How about Brawl is all three Smash games are in Brawl? So in the Menu you can select SSB64, Brawl, or Melee? They would just emulate it (or however you say it) to a melee controller.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Although we do love that, they'd probably remake the first as a GC game if anything. Melee is out, and brawl will be out. Most people who will buy brawl have melee, so it would even make any sense. There also wouldnt be any cross gameplay

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You know, what you said reminded me of the fact that there are seperate articles for each character from differe Super Smash Bros. games on Smash Wiki.

Toomai

Smash Ace
How about this: if you download SSB64 from the Virtual Console or have a SSBM save on your memory card, you can play (in Brawl) all the stages you've unlocked from the earlier games.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
that is a much better idea, as long as the stages get a bit of an upgrade ( i love the old school, but the tornado in Hyrule would look funny, as it looks more like an animated gif)

yoshido what are you talking about?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
yoshido what are you talking about?
Maybe yoshido means all the colors of Yoshi combined from the games make 9 colors? That's a rainbow, my friend. That's my guess anyway...

If we're going to re-do Saffron City, you know you have to re-do Mushroom Kingdom from Smash 64 too. What I'm really interested is bringing back that warp pipe. That needs to be somewhere, anywhere in Brawl. I have many memories on those pipes. Though....... I guess you can't really make the stage look much nicer since that's the old-school look. *sigh* Some stages have more possbilities than the others.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
If they brought back the N64 Mario level ( i think it was called Peach's Castle too), wouldn't that require them to bring back the bumper, which was a permanent obstacle on that level?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
If they brought back the N64 Mario level ( i think it was called Peach's Castle too), wouldn't that require them to bring back the bumper, which was a permanent obstacle on that level?
Not if it was a permanent obstacle.

Also, that stage is probably one of the most random garble of stuff just thrown together for a stage. If anything it should be called Red Switch Palace.

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all of the support up and on this thread...
i wish that you could select the old costumes from the first two games, such as ness's old 64 look on brawl. that would be scary though.....

i didn't really like saffron city that much, only liked it cause you could beat up chansey. LOL!:laugh:

The Rainbow colored yoshi's would be cool, since that would make about 9 costumes, as you guys said earlier....

And about the pipes..... That would absolutely ROCK if you went into a pipe and it went onto a different level, like underwater or something? Then, you could play split screen!:)

I still Think that remaking some of the SSB characters, items, and stages on Brawl would satisfy alot of fans. I don't think an emulator would settle for me, all i want (and a little bit of need) is to have all items, stages, and characters from SSB and SSBM on SSBB, so that way, if it was the last game, it would make a WHOLE LOT OF $$MONEY$$! I would probably buy the game twice when it comes out... I want to stand in line for it, but my friends tell me that they make about 10 discs per 5 seconds, so there would be no need to stand in line at midnight. But i tell them that it's going to be a popular game, but they say that they will have A LOT of copies to hand out to North America, and every where else out on the world.

Anyways, thanks again for all of the support on this thread!

Top Bottom