• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something new with the Hammer

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I haven't been lurking the Kirby Boards as much as I should have so stop me if this is old(if its not, props to Runt for basically showing me this)

When Kirby uses his Air Hammer he gets automatically pulled forward, this we all know. Well, if you run off the ledge and do an Air Hammer back towards the stage, Kirby will actually get pulled back on to the stage. At first I thought it was completely useless(I thought Runt was just doing it to show off) and while tampering with it for a while, thats how it seemed. But then I noticed there was a little leniency in the timing, allowing for slightly more time in the air before hitting the stage. Because of this, if timed well, you can actually get the first swings hitbox out. It's completely situational, but its also much faster than a Ground Hammer. Also, if this was already known, props to t!Mmy as I assume he's probably the one who discovered it.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Runt found this.
And lots of things are found unintentionally at this point. lol. Or at least when doing something and saying, "hey, if it does that then maybe it does this?" and then testing it out. That's pretty much how I find things.

Top Bottom