• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something is bugging me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
I dont know if he still does this in Brawl...

But how the heck is he moving when he dashes?

He just crouches, vibrates his body, and propells himself forward? What is that?
That really confuses me. Can some one explain it?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, you know how koopa shells slide when they're kicked? I'm sure Bowser's just kicking himself across the stage. That'd make sense.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I always figured he moved like a literal tank. What actual force or push he uses to propel himself forward I don't know, but in his running form he indeed looks like he is imitating a tank.

Perhaps his chest simulates the motion of tank treads?

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I agree with kainsword, its supposed to make him look like a tank. Does it pretty well, too. I'd be scared if I saw a giant armored turtle barreling toward me, sparks flying from his claws.

As for how it actually happens... no idea. I don't think they really thought that out, just wanted to give him a unique run and take the "tank" thing to a literal level.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think they went for that dash because they didn't want to make Bowser completely slow and making him run could look rather bizarre... so they came up with this sort-of-plausible alternative. Hmm... *checks in slow-mo*

Yep, he kicks himself off the ground and proceeds to slide on his scaly belly.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Oh, oh, I know how! Call on me Mrs. Saturn!

It's a video game. It's not supposed to make sense.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
bowser's under belly is like that of a koopa's shelll. he jumps forward, lands on his belly, and slides forward like his minions. in order to keep from shooting forward with all his force, he uses his claws to slow down, making the sparks.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It's just that he starts up by jumping a little, that's why his DashDance looks so LoL, he just throws himself towards a direction and slides the whole time, because of the MASSIVE strength he possesses he can do this infinitly...

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Obviously Bowser has infinitly small roller skates on his legs and feet. Didnt you know the Koopa King is also the Roller-Disco Ka-Master? Boogie Nights!

Percon

Smash Lord
bowser's under belly is like that of a koopa's shelll. he jumps forward, lands on his belly, and slides forward like his minions. in order to keep from shooting forward with all his force, he uses his claws to slow down, making the sparks.

The only post in the threat that makes an inch of sense.

Though to move forward, don't koopas need to... y'know... spin in their shells? It's a good theory, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom