• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something interesting about Lucas' moveset.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
From what we've seen in screenshots, just about every move except for his method of grabbing involves some sort PSI. In a sense, he's the first "magical boy" in the series. Even Ness used brute force for his moves but it doesn't seem that way for Lucas.

Just something I thought I'd mention. Considering some people consider him a pansy, it's rather appropriate.

finalark

SNORLAX
All of Ness' attacks involved his PK powers in one way or another so Lucas really inst the first "magical boy." His A attacks seem to be strong, like Ness' PK shove (Side A while running.)

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
What? Ness didn't suck, he was my best character.
It's a shame they're getting rid of him...
Lucas has Elvis hair :(

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I always taught of hi hair more like ace ventura

Either way Lucas is gentle little brother so it make sense for him not using too many physical attacks.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
*prays for a certain complimentary character along with Claus*

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
We don't know yet if Ness is gone, there are many other PSI abilities Ness could get like an actual recovery up special move, PSI Teleport. Also Ness could get PK Rockin as his Final Smash.

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
We don't know yet if Ness is gone, there are many other PSI abilities Ness could get like an actual recovery up special move, PSI Teleport. Also Ness could get PK Rockin as his Final Smash.
Naw.
PK teleport can't be used in battle.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
...Have you played Earthbound?
Anyway, what's the piont of having someone who does a lot of the same?
I'd rather have The Masked Man, or Jeff.
PK Thunder is never as it is in the MOTHER series.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
...Have you played Earthbound?
Anyway, what's the piont of having someone who does a lot of the same?
I'd rather have The Masked Man, or Jeff.
Well i know you can't use it in battles on earthbound but that doesn't mean you couldn't use it in Brawl.

Levitas

the moon
Guy who lost his shirt in a solitare tournament for brawl!
Dr Spoon (from EB) for brawl!
Lier X Aggerate for brawl!

Nah, those guys are lame. better to go for... BIONIC KRAKEN!!! *insert sarcasm here, although krakens kick stuff and things*

lol, I'm pretty sure teleport wouldn't be feasible for brawl, due to the fact that in the intro for SSBM it even shows Ness teleporting EB style. The whole running start thing may be a problem for him...

And yeah, a pure mage would be sweet.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
it could work. Also since Ness is supposedly in(from that one list of supposed characters for brawl) he may use PSI Teleport.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I however beleive that the snake can make a potential grab... first of all the problem with ness' grab was too short so maybe Ness' tether recovery (snake thingy) is similar to Samus' and link's grab and will have a longer range

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe he can use a pencil eraser or an eraser eraser.

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
PK Thunder is never as it is in the MOTHER series.
Yes, I know that.
But, I can say goodbye to Ness.
As long as there's that
Theature with Ness in NPC, I'd be soooo happy, but even a cameo apperance is enough for me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, I know that.
But, I can say goodbye to Ness.
As long as there's that
Theature with Ness in NPC, I'd be soooo happy, but even a cameo apperance is enough for me.
I doubt that'll happen. Although, it would be a nice tribute.

nyoro~n

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Lucas a pansy? No way. He's just a boy. What more can you expect from him? We'll categorize him with Ness and Little Link. The game could always use a few kids to keep it interesting.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Lucas a pansy? No way. He's just a boy. What more can you expect from him? We'll categorize him with Ness and Little Link. The game could always use a few kids to keep it interesting.
Seriously.
I bet anyone would be a pansy if your mom was killed and then you're brother, who then turns out to be an evil android bent on killing you.

Uberkid

Smash Rookie
Well Lucas's down A smash looks like Mewtwo's Im sure. Check out his bio and move at the dojo

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
What do you mean down smashes should cover both sides?
Most people that will use Lucas are probably Ness fans and his yo-yo was the WORST.
*Ness was the biggest downgrade rant*
Besides, its large area makes me imagine it would be a good edgeguard.
Mewtwo's was just too small. Lucas' looks like it actually goes UNDER his feet, seeing as the PKLOVE hexagon is in the floor.
I have an odd feeling this is wrong for an obvious reason...
Lucas' upsmash is the biggest disappointment; seems too slow, no matter how powerful it is.
(Assuming the "mystery move" from the E3 vid was an upsmash)
or whatever vid, you know what i mean.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean down smashes should cover both sides?
Most people that will use Lucas are probably Ness fans and his yo-yo was the WORST.
*Ness was the biggest downgrade rant*
Besides, its large area makes me imagine it would be a good edgeguard.
Mewtwo's was just too small. Lucas' looks like it actually goes UNDER his feet, seeing as the PKLOVE hexagon is in the floor.
I have an odd feeling this is wrong for an obvious reason...
Lucas' upsmash is the biggest disappointment; seems too slow, no matter how powerful it is.
(Assuming the "mystery move" from the E3 vid was an upsmash)
or whatever vid, you know what i mean.
I agree that the yo yo sucks (ALOT) but since they made Lucas the new Ness I feel they could have made a D smash that covers both sides... do you think this hexagon spikes? I mean Mewtwo's just send them flying... cuz if it can spike that would rok

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
the yo-yos didn't suck as much in smash64. It was one of the many things that Nintendo did to nerf Ness.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
From what we've seen in screenshots, just about every move except for his method of grabbing involves some sort PSI. In a sense, he's the first "magical boy" in the series. Even Ness used brute force for his moves but it doesn't seem that way for Lucas.

Just something I thought I'd mention. Considering some people consider him a pansy, it's rather appropriate.

I don't really see how you can call Lucas less of a brute force character than Ness. Ness and Lucas's B moves are nearly all the same with the exception of PK Freeze instead of PK Flash. He's got fire and thunder just like Ness and then he has a few decent A moves, all of which are decently strong looking and require only his body, though I guess you could say they're psi powered but then so were Ness's. So how would be he the first "magical boy" in the series? He's more magical And more physically powerful. I'd say its an overall upgrade from Ness. Just my opinion though, of course there are obvious differences between the two.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I don't really see how you can call Lucas less of a brute force character than Ness. Ness and Lucas's B moves are nearly all the same with the exception of PK Freeze instead of PK Flash. He's got fire and thunder just like Ness and then he has a few decent A moves, all of which are decently strong looking and require only his body, though I guess you could say they're psi powered but then so were Ness's. So how would be he the first "magical boy" in the series? He's more magical And more physically powerful. I'd say its an overall upgrade from Ness. Just my opinion though, of course there are obvious differences between the two.
Whoa there I believe your jumping into conclusions way too fast there has only been screenshots and a I dunno 4-6 second part of him int he fall 2007 trailer. There is no possible way of knowing which attacks are good and which ones are not. You cannot tell through screen shots whether or not Lucas is a powerhouse or not... and "the same"? no way there will be new, or improved physics and nerfs and buffs to these attacks... (remember the yo yo thing anybody?" I agree upon the "overall upgrade" Sakurai and his team is sure to have realized the perks to Ness in melee. I agree that there are obvious differences. Did you see the size of the PK Fire after shock in the screenshot?

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Lucas doesn't have the gaddam bat!! That and the Yo yo need to be in as a lone character, if Sakurai thinks he's going to get away with removing Ness >,<

Top Bottom