• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something I just noticed about Falcon

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Holding down makes you go down too. Same as Puff's pound, it seems. Nice find.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Awsome!
Now, instead of using UP B, I can simply pull out a Falcon punch!
I commend you Dreday. This is a breakthrough in Smash physics. XD

Seriously though, this isn't that great.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Awsome!
Now, instead of using UP B, I can simply pull out a Falcon punch!
I commend you Dreday. This is a breakthrough in Smash physics. XD

Seriously though, this isn't that great.
Well it can help you giving a little bit more horizontal/vertical distance during recovery, ever heard of djump -> fpunch -> upb?

kuenzel

Smash Ace
interesting... i also occasionally see ppl do a falcon kick, then jump, then punch then recovery. is a falcon KICK really that practical? unless ure really high up, i think it makes u worse off... whats the best order of moves to maximize recovery?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
people do falcon kick cause they forget this is n64 version and they aren't going to get a 2nd jump back.
I do the falcon kick when im like up in the sky and far to the left/right off the stage. Gives a slight horizonal direction distance thingy ^^

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
but when u use falcon kick u better not use falcon punch after that
lol unless you're an emo. XD

I falcon kick recovery every now and then, when I know itll work and Im not gonna get punished for it. Otherwise I do the FP recovery and hope to god I can do some sort of miracle DI to escape being edgeguarded.

Falcon is just too easy to kill... but he kills with such ease :laugh:

people do falcon kick cause they forget this is n64 version and they aren't going to get a 2nd jump back.
Happened to me when I just got on kaillera a few months ago, since I mostly play melee XD

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know until I got on kaillera and saw EVERYONE do it.

I actually never tested it but I just started doing it anyway.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
question, is this part of what makes fthrow - falcon punch work (on certain chars, certain percentages) ??

Because that's one thing I never do and id like to throw it into my falcon vs fox game. I really suck at hitting with the FP, and usually just go for uairs at higher percentages, sh fairs at lower ones to whatever works according to his DI.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
question, is this part of what makes fthrow - falcon punch work (on certain chars, certain percentages) ??

Because that's one thing I never do and id like to throw it into my falcon vs fox game. I really suck at hitting with the FP, and usually just go for uairs at higher percentages, sh fairs at lower ones to whatever works according to his DI.
it helps if you want to get the right touch to it xD

_kSo_

Smash Master

you have to adjust accordingly. the percents that work for this combo are pretty specific, and if you add a slight downward movement or a slight upward movement, you'll see that sometimes you can hit that combo at different percents. dylan, try hitting the B button for falcon punch immediately after you lift off from the ground. With this in mind you'll have to release the analog stick asap so just revert it back to neutral when you jump and hit the b button. Hopefully you wont do what I do sometimes and screw up and do upB instead

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
It's better to use the c-button to jump after throwing with Falcon.

You also need to double jump quickly at higher percentages and then punch (Like a DJC but not, it's better to hit the same c-button twice in this case). This way you can Falcon punch after a throw at about 80% if your opponent is falcon. 60% if fox.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
my new addiction is throw -FP-ing it makes me want to rip off my shirt and beat my chest and let out a primal roar. but yeah, i prefer c-button sliding, for lower percentages you have to almost immediately jump and falcon punch, but if they are at slightly higher percentages, do an initial dash first, that way you'll cover more horizontal ground (double jumping into falcon punch tends to be slower IMO).

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
that's not true
I was referring f-throw and punch at that point. I find that if I use the stick to jump the delay makes you do a up-b instead of falcon punch a lot of the time.

Otherwise I mainly use the stick to jump after throwing, usually for u-airs. I use c-button for f-air, etc. Which way do you do it malva?

malva00

Smash Master
I was referring f-throw and punch at that point. I find that if I use the stick to jump the delay makes you do a up-b instead of falcon punch a lot of the time.

Otherwise I mainly use the stick to jump after throwing, usually for u-airs. I use c-button for f-air, etc. Which way do you do it malva?
that's not true

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
l

Falcon is just too easy to kill... but he kills with such ease :laugh:

Depends on if you're playing a falcon expert, he can be a pain in the @$$ if you're not careful, I've seen it happen on more than one occasion and I just find it hilairious

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Is this whole forum based off people going back and forth adding technicalities?
TECHNICALLY Moving in the air is DI
TECHNICALLY a Falcon expert can be killed easy
TECHNICALLY contribute some coherent thoughts to a thread please.

Top Bottom