• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something Bizarre

Master Peach

Smash Ace
It was in a a small tournament not too long ago. Something really Bizarre happened. I was using Peach against a Doc Mario, my damage was at least 223. He knocked me off stage and I floated back towards him. To make sure he wouldn't smash me to my doom I used my umbrella , at the same time I think I had a turnip. So the moment I used the umbrella he caped me.

Now here the crazy part, We all know that the cape reflects things even the characters position, I don't get this. The moment the cape hit me it was like he hit me with a smash attack, then the force vanished. Next I know Peach is spiraling downward towards the gutter like as if she was tossed or something. After that the move didn't kill yet. So I thought that I could recover, that when Nothing worked. No air recovery, no umbrella, nothing. I just died it was so strange.

This is the first time I've seen something like this. I don't even understand how it happened. I can only explain what I've seen. Has this ever happened to anyone before? This is what cost me the match. I still can't believe how I lost. Bizarre

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
If you're close enough to Doc/Mario you get hit harder by the cape, kinda like getting punched.

But actually I think the above post is probably right

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
It's definitely the first suggestion. The cape is very evil, lol. I play the Doc a lil', and it's effective against the Illusion, Fox Fire, Marth's Sword (probably Roy's too) and I think Cap. Falcon as well. (I don't Main him so my training regiment doesn't cover everyone. It also works against Peach at just the right moment. Try and and you'll see what I mean. For the others....just get a level 1 computer, toss him off, and cape 'em as they recover. Watch the mayhem. For Peach, practice with a human partner, as you'd probably need the situation for the parasol. It's good to know, and good to remember. The cape= evil ownage.

Top Bottom