• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something about luigi

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I get really really confused when I fight luigi..
First off
My pikmin desync more often when Im fighting luigi and frankly, I dont like it
Sometimes my dsmash send luigi in the opposite direction
and bthrow against him send him diagnoly upwards, not straight back

And not to mention his fsmash is really really annoying
I dont know if its just me, but this doesnt happen with other characters

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
First off

Why doesn't anyone pay attention to Luigi!
He's quite an unusual character, really. My suggestion: Play Snake. You'll have a much easier time.

If you insist on playing Olimar, study this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Klp49Tvsk

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
All of the stuff you said are just basic things with your character.
Desynch is your fault.
Yes, he is more slippery, so I guess your smashes will send him wrong more than usual, but anyway, it would do that.
If they DI upwards, they will go up diagonally like you said.
His Fsmash is fast, watch out.

The only thing people really ever say is "Watch this video" or "Grab him more".
So yeah. Just grab the entire game pretty much and combos? The can mash the nair in the air and get out of them usually.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
All of the stuff you said are just basic things with your character.
Desynch is your fault.
Yes, he is more slippery, so I guess your smashes will send him wrong more than usual, but anyway, it would do that.
If they DI upwards, they will go up diagonally like you said.
His Fsmash is fast, watch out.

The only thing people really ever say is "Watch this video" or "Grab him more".
So yeah. Just grab the entire game pretty much and combos? The can mash the nair in the air and get out of them usually.
Barge. Some really good advice.
Grab him more. :chuckle:

Well, I'm very sure you can outcamp him...

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
he can nair through all of your pikmin sorry, not outcamping him. Hell, if the luigi even played an Olimar before, they can fair it so it doesn't even hit them.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
he can nair through all of your pikmin sorry, not outcamping him. Hell, if the luigi even played an Olimar before, they can fair it so it doesn't even hit them.
Exactly. That is my point. The reason for Pikmin Throwing is for stage control. The most likely way for a Luigi to counter Pikmin Throw is by F-Air, as it comes out very quick, and N-Air, as it is sexy. :) You said it yourself. Luigi is now limited to several options (at least, not as many options), and you can grab him from then on. You could even dodge too, and follow up with a D-Smash or Hyphen Smash if you're lucky.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I believe Olimar has a different sort of grab which allows people to attack him while being pulled in (Jabs especially).
Would not nair hit him thought the grab?
Also, it's harder to grab people in the air as Olimar than other characters.
I could be wrong though.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I believe Olimar has a different sort of grab which allows people to attack him while being pulled in (Jabs especially).
Would not nair hit him thought the grab?
Also, it's harder to grab people in the air as Olimar than other characters.
I could be wrong though.
Eh, I was thinking about grabbing Luigi when he F-Airs/N-Airs my shield (or dodge)

Dude, this WHOLE thread is just you and I lolol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Use upb if he's getting to predictable in the air and pivot grab, pivot grab, pivot grab, and pivot grab. Don't try to match him in the air. He's a better aerialist. Don't be afraid to use your tilts and fsmashes at close range against him. He'll slide out of shieldgrab range, and you can just SHretreating pikmin throws.

Rocann

Smash Lord
First off

I can honestly say I don't even know what a pikmin desync is

dsmash sends people in the "opposite" direction all the time, it's a good thing because it means both pikmin hit him

the bthrow thing means the person you're playing knows how to DI

RichBrown

Smash Master
Rocann: I think he is referring to how when you get hit, sometimes the pikmin don't follow.

If that is what you are referring to, just whistle a lot. WAC Luigi's attacks if you can. that way, your pikmin will always be with you. I whistle all the time to make sure I have pikmin next to me.

and yeah, just grab a lot. Olimar's grabs are ok i guess.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Luigi's Nairs are the easiest to grab out of Shield, the fair tends to be kinda fast. The fireball game is superior to the pikmin throwing stuff, which makes it hard to get a handle on the match. Olimar's smashs are mostly in the the four cardinal directions, making short hopped aerials and easy way to bag hit when you are Luigi. The tornado also tears through the pikmin. You can stage spike Luigi though if he is foolish enough to do a rising tornado back on stage (with Olimar's tether).

His traction throw a lot of people off, even other luigi players sometimes. Its something that takes practice to get used to, which is hard considering you don't see Luigi on the tournament scene usually. His UpAngled Fsmash will kill you. Throw pikmin after Luigi uses his nair, so unless he is fast enough, he will at least take some damage. Don't meet him in the air, you will usually lose that. Properly spaced fairs tend to mess up Luigi though, but you will get punished if you don't do it perfectly every time.

I don't know what compelled me to post tips on how to beat my character...

Top Bottom