• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something 2 Do 8/11/12

Kel

Smash Master
That's not to say that they aren't amazing players, or don't deserve to win. Their reward ratio for a read is just completely different than the rest of the cast.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yo Kellium,

I doubt I'll be in KY for longer than 12 hours, but tbh I'm probably going to Chicago from Nashville.

4 a.m. to 4 p.m. is pretty silly and I'd probably wanna come visit in Lexington if I was gonna be in town, didn't get to play megaman with you or Kassy so I'm pretty bummed about that butttttttt life sucks and god and the bible.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Gooby-LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL hahaha. Dude, next time when someone from OOS is there and asks people on the thread if there's interest for melee, and they say they are bad, I don't recommend saying that it's going to be easy and it's going to be between you and your friends to win it. I was laughing all the way to the bank about that.
When did i say it would be easy for me to win? I went into the tourney knowing that i would lose especially with people like Kel and Mers who have kicked my *** in the past. But regardless, fun games. Im pretty new to the game and completely inexperienced against any sheik that does stuff other than forward tilt spam :)... GGs i hope to see you again ( btw im glad that u like KJ64 as much as I do )

And I hope to see everyone again at the next tourney :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, I mean, if you work 8-5 (or 8) and Kassy works 3-12 I'd be sitting in your place by myself and idk if you guys are comfortable with that idea.

I'll make it out here again, but remember Nebraska megaman regional is going to happen, not at the posted date, but sometime.

Gooby-You said it was gonna be between you and your buddy for first place when I was walking by and you guys were playing friendlies, idk maybe it was a joke but I was like "oh, it's on"

I don't play like any other sheik post 2004 metagame, similarly to how I don't play like any other wolf (according to Excel), but honestly, all I did to get kills was empty SH f-tilt fair vs everyone there because you were all expecting a fair to the shield and you all dropped it every time, it was like clockwork.

BTW

I played vs Dr. PeePee this past weekend and he's better than I imagined. I only got 2 stocked once, the rest of them were all 3 stocks, which was pretty lucky. best part about the 2 stock was that I killed him with Zelda AND got a grab with her too. Might have to go Zelda from now on.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Well, I mean, if you work 8-5 (or 8) and Kassy works 3-12 I'd be sitting in your place by myself and idk if you guys are comfortable with that idea.

I'll make it out here again, but remember Nebraska megaman regional is going to happen, not at the posted date, but sometime.

Gooby-You said it was gonna be between you and your buddy for first place when I was walking by and you guys were playing friendlies, idk maybe it was a joke but I was like "oh, it's on"

I don't play like any other sheik post 2004 metagame, similarly to how I don't play like any other wolf (according to Excel), but honestly, all I did to get kills was empty SH f-tilt fair vs everyone there because you were all expecting a fair to the shield and you all dropped it every time, it was like clockwork.

BTW

I played vs Dr. PeePee this past weekend and he's better than I imagined. I only got 2 stocked once, the rest of them were all 3 stocks, which was pretty lucky. best part about the 2 stock was that I killed him with Zelda AND got a grab with her too. Might have to go Zelda from now on.
haha thats cool that you got to play Pee Pee. And you most likely heard me discussing the brackets with my friends.. I predicted that i would get to the finals and I stated that i had a better chance to win without mers around, in which i was correct. But, you wrecked my **** there so its all good. Im not a cocky guy so you probably misunderstood me or something :p . But thanks for the information about shield pressuring and what not. I really need to practice that. Do you have any other advice on how i can improve my shield game? It seemed like i would just try to jump OoS and the get smacked in the face with a sheik fair every time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You gotta be aware of what your opponents options are and what moves can reach you and where they are going to pop you up at if you get hit.

Honestly, taking turns with your friends practicing Offense vs defense is a good idea so you can learn to read DI better to keep combos going.

Does that make sense?

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
You gotta be aware of what your opponents options are and what moves can reach you and where they are going to pop you up at if you get hit.

Honestly, taking turns with your friends practicing Offense vs defense is a good idea so you can learn to read DI better to keep combos going.

Does that make sense?
yes it does :D

Top Bottom