• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone explain this (unique)

duncarefoo

Smash Rookie
Hello, this is my first time on any super smash bros. forums. I have been playing the game since it came out, and I know most people say they are good, but they likely haven't put near the same amount of time and energy as me and my collage friends. So, like everyone else I have just my proof of my own experience.

Now to the story:

Two days ago I was playing against 3 level 9 Ness computer characters on Hyrule for a couple of hours. After dying once (there were many deaths, trust me) i jumped off of the respawn-hovercraft, came down onto the 3 ness computers who were stacked on top of each other with the down B, which you all know is the thunder, i hope ;)
What came next was startling to me and the other 14 people in the room who happened to be watching me (they were about to head downtown, i'm not an attention *****).

As expected, lightning comes down to strike all 3 of them, who were also hit by the second damaging phase of the down b, which is the blue shock around pikachu. During the damaging phase of the attack, pikachu puts his hands in the air and creates... (i'll do my best to describe it, please believe that I am not exaggerating) ... anyway he creates an electric tornado, or like a static charged tornado that is about the same size as the pikachu. (keeping in mind this is different than the tornados that the level has by default. there was one of those going on the other side of the map simultaneously). This tornado sucked the 3 ness computers back in and instantly sends them to 999% damage ( maybe half a second, not instantly; you could see the numbers going up rapidly) and proceeds to keep them locked in the tornado for what seems like ten to twelve seconds. The ness comptuers then go flying off all directions of the screen and the room starts to stink because everyone **** their pants. I thought i broke the game, but gameplay resumed after the effect was finished.

I have been scouring the internet for some explanation to this. Immediately I thought it must be a glitch, but I fail to see how a glitch would create an electric tornado (i've never seen those graphics in SSB for the 64 before). If anyone could dig some information up about this please help me out, because it is making me go crazy.

Thanks, and I am glad there is still a forum for 64 smash :)

p.s. just a reminder this was not in practice mode and involved no items (items were actually off). Just a pikachu and 3 ness computers on hyrule.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Hello, this is my first time on any super smash bros. forums. I have been playing the game since it came out, and I know most people say they are good, but they likely haven't put near the same amount of time and energy as me and my collage friends. So, like everyone else I have just my proof of my own experience.

Now to the story:

Two days ago I was playing against 3 level 9 Ness computer characters on Hyrule for a couple of hours. After dying once (there were many deaths, trust me) i jumped off of the respawn-hovercraft, came down onto the 3 ness computers who were stacked on top of each other with the down B, which you all know is the thunder, i hope ;)
What came next was startling to me and the other 14 people in the room who happened to be watching me (they were about to head downtown, i'm not an attention *****).

As expected, lightning comes down to strike all 3 of them, who were also hit by the second damaging phase of the down b, which is the blue shock around pikachu. During the damaging phase of the attack, pikachu puts his hands in the air and creates... (i'll do my best to describe it, please believe that I am not exaggerating) ... anyway he creates an electric tornado, or like a static charged tornado that is about the same size as the pikachu. (keeping in mind this is different than the tornados that the level has by default. there was one of those going on the other side of the map simultaneously). This tornado sucked the 3 ness computers back in and instantly sends them to 999% damage ( maybe half a second, not instantly; you could see the numbers going up rapidly) and proceeds to keep them locked in the tornado for what seems like ten to twelve seconds. The ness comptuers then go flying off all directions of the screen and the room starts to stink because everyone **** their pants. I thought i broke the game, but gameplay resumed after the effect was finished.

I have been scouring the internet for some explanation to this. Immediately I thought it must be a glitch, but I fail to see how a glitch would create an electric tornado (i've never seen those graphics in SSB for the 64 before). If anyone could dig some information up about this please help me out, because it is making me go crazy.

Thanks, and I am glad there is still a forum for 64 smash :)

p.s. just a reminder this was not in practice mode and involved no items (items were actually off). Just a pikachu and 3 ness computers on hyrule.
wheres that mod for this jeff guy???

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well there was that weird trippy color switch thing but I think that's just emulator

Also there's what happened to me a few days ago where pj began running at like 2 fps when the character is dropped in the beginning of the inteo video, and only I would see this. And it would always be Pikachu. IDK.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I've actually had a glitch where I was smash attacking a invincible C-falc (had a star) with a fan, and he c-falc punched me at the same moment as the f-smash. I flew across the stage, and the fan gre to 3-4 times its normal size. The moment I started to attack with it it started to shrink back to normal again. **** happens.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I've seen color **** ups on console

like once the little star animations as you hit someone were angry throbbing deep blue/purple/green colors and this happened for both of falcon's fair hitboxes

but that's not that weird, prolly just a malfunction in my cartridge? Or whatever.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Random explanation. If you lost your stock as well, the Ness's might have f-smashed at the exact moment as one another. As in they all reflected at once.

duncarefoo

Smash Rookie
it turns out that it's a combination of pikachu's thunder aftershock and some number of PK fires from the ness computers.
I'd like to know how many interacting damaging attacks need to be present for a situation to arise that produces this kind of black hole glitch. This is the first way that i've been able to find where the glitch is able to be performed on actual computers and not player-controlled characters.

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
Yeah crud like that happens....

TRY THESE GLTICHEZ!

do a bunch of fast backrolls into the walls on hyrule with Mario..

reflect Ness's UP-B ball with Fox....TWICE!!

you prolly know all the other ones by now..

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
reflect Ness's UP-B ball with Fox....TWICE!!
instant game freeze iirc..but you need two foxes, right? dunno if you're able to reach the little spermatagonia in time with just one?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I comboed into a DK dash attack and followed up a tech chase into a down b, giant punch to kill a Mario at 0 on his last life.
Someone else's move.

Top Bottom