• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone explain Dark Pit's cameo

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd see the likes of Dark Pit and Conductor Link becoming alts of Pit and Toon Link respectively with different voice lines, similar to the Wii Fit Trainers. I can't really see Dark Pit becoming a separate character though.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
I'm detecting an 85% chance he's a boss character. Crashing parties sounds like interrupting battles, and there's plenty of room for more bosses.

I know Sakurai can troll, but I think he'd rather treat fans of his latest KI installment with something special, and having him as an alternate costume (very similarly done in Brawl) would be pretty underwhelming.

Edit: I'm beginning to think that the likelihood he will be an alternate costume is more than I initially thought. Assuming they give him a unique voice, he'd work as one of Pit's costumes. Complete change of probability: 40% chance he's a boss/stage hazard, 50% chance alternate costume, 10% chance Assist Trophy (altho we already have Magnus, another AT wouldn't hurt).

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
After Lucina's reveal, I am fairly certain Dark Pit will be a clone character in Smash 4. Perhaps he will inherit Pit's Brawl moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After Lucina, I believe Dark Pit could happen, though with a little more differences than just a blade

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Considering Lucina is a clone, and had to share a trailer, I doubt Dark Pit will be playable. He was already in a trailer, but just thrown in at the end just like Yellow Devil was. I'm thinking maybe a boss of some sort.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
He could reappear in a future trailer. Though I would rather him be a boss or something not-playable.

MrThatkidalex24

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrThatKidAlex24
It'll probably be pit alternate costume with different sound clips and
-Darkness Bow instead of Palutenas
-Viridi's Power of Flight
-Different arm and orbiters from Uprising
all these will do the same damage but have different textures from pits weapons and the power if flight will be the same as pits.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I can only see bias here if you think there is zero justification for Dark Pit. Every Nintendo character has some form of reasons on why they should be included in Smash Bros., and once again Tom Nook's situation is different from Dark Pit's.
Dark Pit was alluding to something while Tom Nook was simply looking at the letter before the sequence of franchise names began (which is not alluding to anything).
I found you claim funny since I went and check Tom Nook support thread and you were of the believers he was in by the exact same reason you are now trying to dismiss.

The "Tom Nook is going to follow Villager to Smash" after reading the letter were a thing there and every supporter were in denial believing such.

I have to give you credit because of all of Dark Pit's supporters you are the only one so far to at least try to bring an actual argument in his favor, sadly you can't take off you fan glasses and you appear to ignore almost everything Dark Pit has against him.

There is NOTHING different between Tom Nook and Dark Pit NOTHING, your excuse for a bigger playable role is a construction with zero basis and zero evidence only hopes, now that Tom Nook is deconfirmed you use him to put them in different situations when you were a Tom Nook theory believer. (It is not that hard to go and read a thread with like 6 or 7 pages).

Your only and basically only argument to favour his inclusion is Sakurai bias and nothing more.

Lucina's inclusion actually doesn't help Dark Pit, it HURTS him, with her it is made clear Sakurai doesn't mind 2 newcomers in one video, Dark Pit lack of introduction is inexcusable if he is indeed his own character or a clone of Pit.

I don't know how you see TEASERS
Palutena WERE teased when:
  • PotD showed a picture of her statue and Sakurai NEVER called her by NAME. He refered to her as Goddess of Light.
  • The pseudo scare, making everybody to believe that Pseudo Palutena was indeed Palutena herself
  • Never actually shown

Even the debatible Ridley can count as teased
  • In the pic of the day Sakurai refers or implies him as an enemy from Samus past without actually telling his name
  • In the trailer we see a shadow, his name or role were never mentioned.

You can't claim the same with Dark Pit
Clearly shown without confirmation and mentioned my name, you can't simply ignore this evidence and pretend it isn't real.
Wii Fit Trainer:4wiifit:, Villager:4villager:, Megaman:4megaman:, Rosalina:rosalina:, Greninja:4greninja:, Little Mac:4littlemac:, Palutena:4palutena:, Pac Man:4pacman:, Mii fighters:4mii:, Lucina:4lucina: and Robin:4robinm: ALL OF THEM have a proper introduction, while Dark Pit has none, even a full clone like Lucina got it, there is no excuse, all of these aren't theories they are all facts.

Dark Pit is still in the same barrel with Tom Nook, Isabelle, Doc Louis, Yellow Devil and the Pokemon all appearing in a trailer without an introduction, revealed time after to by just cameos and no playables.

If it weren't for Chrom deconfirmation in the trailer there would be people claiming he is hinted based on what he says at the end, thank God we got absolute proof of his role.

I always debate against Dark Pit because there is nothing going for him if there were REAL evidence and escenarios in which you can compare Dark Pit to others and see a pattern then I would admit he has a chance.

Claiming Sakurai wanted to show him differently isn't evidence that is a baseless hope or dream

Even if by some MIRACLE DARK PIT IS HIS OWN CHARACTER and is a different character from Pit, I wouldn't recognoize Dark Pit supporters were right, because sadly all your evidence is opinion and not a fact, so if that day come I would only say you got lucky and nothing more.

As with other of my post that contratic someone else's opinion, I reiterate to you this is nothing against you, I just can't understand why you can't simply come here and say: "Well I like Dark Pit and I hope he is playable, but he hasn't have any real evidence going for him" I would respect your opinion more because despite being a supporter, you are objetive enough to recognoize your character don't have anything going for him, with the exception of the theory of a great conspirancy executed by Sakurai to fool everyone. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I just ask you to take off your fan glasses and see the bigger picture. There are things in life that like it or not you can't deny them, Dark Pit is way more likely to be a pallete than a character

Last edited:

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
I found you claim funny since I went and check Tom Nook support thread and you were of the believers he was in by the exact same reason you are now trying to dismiss.

The "Tom Nook is going to follow Villager to Smash" after reading the letter were a thing there and every supporter were in denial believing such.

I have to give you credit because of all of Dark Pit's supporters you are the only one so far to at least try to bring an actual argument in his favor, sadly you can't take off you fan glasses and you appear to ignore almost everything Dark Pit has against him.

There is NOTHING different between Tom Nook and Dark Pit NOTHING, your excuse for a bigger playable role is a construction with zero basis and zero evidence only hopes, now that Tom Nook is deconfirmed you use him to put them in different situations when you were a Tom Nook theory believer. (It is not that hard to go and read a thread with like 6 or 7 pages).

Your only and basically only argument to favour his inclusion is Sakurai bias and nothing more.

Lucina's inclusion actually doesn't help Dark Pit, it HURTS him, with her it is made clear Sakurai doesn't mind 2 newcomers in one video, Dark Pit lack of introduction is inexcusable if he is indeed his own character or a clone of Pit.

I don't know how you see TEASERS
Palutena WERE teased when:
  • PotD showed a picture of her statue and Sakurai NEVER called her by NAME. He refered to her as Goddess of Light.
  • The pseudo scare, making everybody to believe that Pseudo Palutena was indeed Palutena herself
  • Never actually shown

Even the debatible Ridley can count as teased
  • In the pic of the day Sakurai refers or implies him as an enemy from Samus past without actually telling his name
  • In the trailer we see a shadow, his name or role were never mentioned.

You can't claim the same with Dark Pit
Clearly shown without confirmation and mentioned my name, you can't simply ignore this evidence and pretend it isn't real.
Wii Fit Trainer:4wiifit:, Villager:4villager:, Megaman:4megaman:, Rosalina:rosalina:, Greninja:4greninja:, Little Mac:4littlemac:, Palutena:4palutena:, Pac Man:4pacman:, Mii fighters:4mii:, Lucina:4lucina: and Robin:4robinm: ALL OF THEM have a proper introduction, while Dark Pit has none, even a full clone like Lucina got it, there is no excuse, all of these aren't theories they are all facts.

Dark Pit is still in the same barrel with Tom Nook, Isabelle, Doc Louis, Yellow Devil and the Pokemon all appearing in a trailer without an introduction, revealed time after to by just cameos and no playables.

If it weren't for Chrom deconfirmation in the trailer there would be people claiming he is hinted based on what he says at the end, thank God we got absolute proof of his role.

I always debate against Dark Pit because there is nothing going for him if there were REAL evidence and escenarios in which you can compare Dark Pit to others and see a pattern then I would admit he has a chance.

Claiming Sakurai wanted to show him differently isn't evidence that is a baseless hope or dream

Even if by some MIRACLE DARK PIT IS HIS OWN CHARACTER and is a different character from Pit, I wouldn't recognoize Dark Pit supporters were right, because sadly all your evidence is opinion and not a fact, so if that day come I would only say you got lucky and nothing more.

As with other of my post that contratic someone else's opinion, I reiterate to you this is nothing against you, I just can't understand why you can't simply come here and say: "Well I like Dark Pit and I hope he is playable, but he hasn't have any real evidence going for him" I would respect your opinion more because despite being a supporter, you are objetive enough to recognoize your character don't have anything going for him, with the exception of the theory of a great conspirancy executed by Sakurai to fool everyone. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I just ask you to take off your fan glasses and see the bigger picture. There are things in life that like it or not you can't deny them, Dark Pit is way more likely to be a pallete than a character
WHILE I AGREE with some AND ONLY SOME your statements, I can't help but wonder WHY you feel the need to go nuts :psycho: with the FORMATTING

js :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
WHILE I AGREE with some AND ONLY SOME your statements, I can't help but wonder WHY you feel the need to go nuts :psycho: with the FORMATTING

js :rolleyes:
It is to hightlight some important parts in a post as big it's easy to miss the more important points, I don't mean to be rude to you, but everyone format a post the way they want, so you critisims seems unneeded and uncalled for. If you are not replying to me statements, better omit this can of comments and just for the record I don't use all of those variants in every post, so go around and see my post, before you make fun of me.

Dragonite_Knight

Smash Rookie
I agree with Burigu, it's just a cameo. People are reading way to into it. At most he will probably be an alt for Pit with his different tone of voice, because Dark Pit is in fact voiced by the same person who voices Pit, Antony Del Rio.

D

Deleted member

Btw, in the latest Famitsu, it was confirmed Lucina started as an Alt for Marth, but since she had different skills than him, she turned into her own character, unless someone is going to argue that Dark Pit's skills =/= Pit's skills, I don't see it happening

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Pittoo started as an alt color for Pit, so why wouldn't he continue to be that?

Brawl also had Dark Link, Dark Toon Link, and Dark Meta Knight, just to remind everyone. Dark Link is totally his own character just as much as Pittoo is.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
It is to hightlight some important parts in a post as big it's easy to miss the more important points, I don't mean to be rude to you, but everyone format a post the way they want, so you critisims seems unneeded and uncalled for. If you are not replying to me statements, better omit this can of comments and just for the record I don't use all of those variants in every post, so go around and see my post, before you make fun of me.
Okay, poking fun was a bit unnecessary. But sarcasm aside, it's more distracting than helpful.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It says in Kid Icarus: Uprising that Dark Pit's fighting skills are equal to Pit's, so unless Dark Pit uses different weapons, he could be just a color+voice+name swap and still be faithful to his appearance in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

As for him potentially using the Three Sacred Treasures, there's nothing in KI canon that would stop him from using them. Also, Ness and Lucas use moves they never used in their games, same for Robin's Nosferatu (he/she can't use dark magic unless through class changing).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, am I the only one who think that Pit's moveset seems more violent than in Brawl?

The forward tilt for example. I think it fits Dark Pit well.

Top Bottom