• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Somebody play Starcraft with me.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
You can look up my pac west online games topic if you want a tutorial on how to set it up

D

Deleted member

after 14028 games on python I have finally broken into c-

anybody want to play on newer maps? Desti, Neo Medusa, heartbreak, outsider, etc

don't expect much if u want to tvt

Lovage

Smash Hero
explain the ranking system to me
is c- good? if TOSSGIRL was on this ranking system where would she be

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I just always assumed that all pros would be A level+, but I have no idea.

When you start a new account on iccup, you start at 1000 rating. When you win a game, depending on your current rating and your opponent's rating, the winner gains points and the loser loses points. The cutoffs are like

under 750 = D-
750-2000 = D
2k - 3k = D+
3k - 4k = C-
etc.

Lovage

Smash Hero
GOOD ****

**** tossgirl
i want her to lose and cry and have her mascara run down her face and she breaks a heel while she runs out of the booth

D

Deleted member

Idra assassinated Tossgirl in that 5,000 dollar league

In my opinion Tossgirl/Idra are both A- or A. Most B-teamers get stuck around this level

Idra looks really solid in every game I see of his (unless he gets cheesed) he seems to lack that little finesse or speed that would have otherwise given him the win.

He's like a white version of Sea.Really who gets ***** whenever it's not a completely standard macro game

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
that's a bad style to be unless you are absolute god tier at it.

basically, this is the flowchart for playing 100% standard macro:

_____no -> ziziy0
_____/
Flash?
_____\
_____yes -> ggnore

And when I watched Idra in GOM, there were way too many idle SCVs and ill conceived army movements for me to think he could get anywhere in the pro scene.

pockyD

Smash Legend
apm is definitely important

but it's just an indicator

nobody's going to be any good with 60 apm

but plenty of people are awful with 300 apm

Nashun

Smash Ace
Just use 4 5 6 7 8 for production buildings, but make them all bound to different sets of buildings so like, if you have 2 bases or 2 sets of gateways/factories/hatcheries kinda far apart, you can just double tap and manually select the other buildings in the set. Or you can use your f keys...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
alt tap > double tap, fkeys are beast and I need to use them more and with zerg, I find controlling an army with only 123 for units impossible, so I do a 6-0 hatch, 1-5 unit setup. I think I really just need to use f keys better and not hotkey hatches that are right next to other hatcheries.

D

Deleted member

my hotkey setup for terran is this:

1,2,3,4-army

5- science vessels (and/or goliaths for tvp)

6-7 dropship or if tvz i use this for more marines in late game

8-10 scans

f2- production buildings

f3-rally point

f4-point of interest (an expansion maybe) or battle zone

I personally find that f keys to be better than using numbers for production buildings but this probably isn't as true for zerg.

Using this setup my APM in tvp went up to 160 from 120-130 and about 190 in tvz. My Macro/multitask became a lot better.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I have about 150 or less apm. Its pretty low for the quality of player I am (not saying im good or anything, just its low for my level)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
that's a bad style to be unless you are absolute god tier at it.

basically, this is the flowchart for playing 100% standard macro:

_____no -> ziziy0
_____/
Flash?
_____\
_____yes -> ggnore

And when I watched Idra in GOM, there were way too many idle SCVs and ill conceived army movements for me to think he could get anywhere in the pro scene.
god idra looked absolutely atrocious on gom, but maybe he was nervous

Top Bottom