• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Vids of me using Fox..... rate! :D

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Florida; I consider myself a decent brawl player.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
It was okay, didnt know why u were running away from kirby and then didnt laser after.
You know the basics of fox, i would try mixing up some combos though. Not doing the ones over and over again.

OnceAgain

Smash Cadet
Well, way better than me =P. on the other hand i barely played fox offline. but still more technical

full_95

Smash Journeyman
you need more fair and nair. other than that tho, i really liked how you played. the constant jumping was even starting to annoy me! i cant imagine how annoyed that kirby was

Repulse X

Smash Apprentice
yeah youre pretty good but just try to incorporate more combos... i only watch the first vid and i didnt see you do it but you should try dthrow to fair...it works pretty well given that you anticipate their airdodge and then go...but yah overall pretty good

-btw and use nair more...it has like no landing lag and it strings combos together

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
I kinda gave up on using Dthrow into Fair against Kirby. We did a few matches before this and he just kind of floats away lol. As for Nair, I kinda favor Dair more when they're on the ground because it gives them that stun for me to do another hit. I could be wrong for using Dair though I dunno, kinda new with Fox.

Btw, what are some other combos besides uptilt spamming?

gab3

Smash Rookie
yeah the vid was cool, but i think it would be more difficult to keep this play style up against other chars, namely ones with projectiles that will get you while you run away. cool fox tho, prolly bttr than me

full_95

Smash Journeyman
I kinda gave up on using Dthrow into Fair against Kirby. We did a few matches before this and he just kind of floats away lol. As for Nair, I kinda favor Dair more when they're on the ground because it gives them that stun for me to do another hit. I could be wrong for using Dair though I dunno, kinda new with Fox.

Btw, what are some other combos besides uptilt spamming?

why would you need anything else when utilt works so well? haha, i laugh at all these guys saying, "use more combos." i say screw that, use what works. why bother looking flashy when fox is so darn effective at the basics. its all about the fundamentals, and i dont think there is any better fundamentally sound character than fox. he's so good at following that you dont really need to "combo" because there is nowhere on the stage that is safe from him.

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
yeah the vid was cool, but i think it would be more difficult to keep this play style up against other chars, namely ones with projectiles that will get you while you run away. cool fox tho, prolly bttr than me
Yeah, you're probably right about that, I would have to use the shine a lot more, which slows my movement. I am a little new with Fox so I wonder how I would do against someone with a lot of projectiles.

Charoo

Smash Champion
first of all, nice champ combo.

your fox is good. You know what to do in certain situations. Still, you were pretty predictable that I was surprise the kirby player didn't caught on. I caught on since the first match haha.

All of your kill was up smash. I know it's fox's best killing move, but that kirby didn't even realize it or something. Try to mix it up more. It's not hard to shield or predict an up smash from fox since it's not as effective as before and a good player know when it's coming.

Secondly, play on smaller stages. You are playing a cat and mouse game with fox. Which is good since he's fast. Although, you were doing it on final d and smashville. If you are going to a tourney then don't expect to always fight there. Try to do ur little mind game on like battlefield and you will know that it's a lot harder. I'm not saying what you are doing is not effective, but you need to try doing it on a much smaller stage where they don't need to run for a while to get to you.

Lastly, even though u r moving around a lot, you missed a lot of opening opportunity.

hope this help. You can take this for whatever you want.

Top Bottom