• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Stratagies I've found when using Wario

DNasty

Smash Rookie
There are things I've found while playing around with him.

Neutral B works good as a edge guarder. If they are clinging to the ledge, you go out to the end of the lege, activiate it, and if they try to jump off, or attack you, you'll catch them and throw them back out. Only works once because usually the move knocks them above you. Down B smash might be better because it knocks them down from the ledge, but it all depends on the area your on.

The Bike can go through a lot of projectiles. As long as the projectile doesn't explode, if you ride the bike and do a wheelie, then the move only hits the botton of the bike and wario will power thorugh it to hit the enemy.

when he uses the Wario Waft, his body when it's shot into the air is much stronger than the gas itself. Try using it when there is someone, or a group above you.

His Up B should be used as an attack not just a recovery. It is a great combo finisher because it does a lot of damage and the last attack knocks the enemy back pretty far.

Rykard

Smash Ace
some nice strats here. there should definitely be a thread dedicated just to the wario waft uses in my opinion.

one thing that people fail to realize is that it is a great edgeguarding move if you know how to use it

jngshin

Smash Cadet
wario waft i use allmost entirely as an edgeguard. using it to knock people upwards is too difficult if the opponent is even half-decent enough to simply airdodge it. i also havent found or seen any combos into it so until then i cant see it used to hit em upwareds. i believe wario waft will almost exclusively be used in a way similar to jiggly's rest, or basically close range knockback. it works great as an edgeguard. One thing that i found works is when ur edgeguarding, u jump out and hit them with it, kind of like what you should be doing with his n-air. because they are busy recovering, it usually takes them by surprise, or at the least, reduces their options considerably.

neutral B is underrated,; it actually has quite a few uses. i believe this is because it comes out so quickly, and wario has almost no moves that come out as quick. I almost think of it as kind of a quasi shine, where if I feel I have no moves that can come out quickly or if i need some quick space (which wario absolutely needs), then ill just whip out the neutral b and spit em away and go back to standard hit and run like how jiggly is played in melee. also a fun fact, neutral B catches sonic. its pertty funny to see sonic rev up and attack wario only to run into his mouth

Finally, ive been messing with wariobike-> air attack combo. i STILL feel his bike should not be used offensively, you just can see it coming from a mile away and its pretty easily counterable. So far ive been using the bike primarily to get back onto the stage, and have played with the idea of using it to help me edgeguard. I still am not used to the physics of jumping off the bike however. Anyway, my thoughts were that when you hit them with the bike at a high percentage, it knocks them into the air. Then you can QUICKLY jump off the bike and hit em with an air attack. Ive found that many of my opponents dont see it coming, although i admit i miss em more often than i hit em. Only works if they dont see the bike coming of course, but if u can hit them with the u-air, its one of the few ways to lure your opponent into a nice KO

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Well, here's the problem with the Corkscrew: If you don't aim it exactly, the Corkscrew won't finish up with its last attack and you'll be left a sitting duck for a couple seconds. Even if it does knock them far away, there's a chance they might not die and then once again, you'll be left in the open. It is a good kill move, yes, but it's fairly risky and I imagine you'd be better off with U-Air.

Neutral B - Edgeguarder? I've had my fair share of doing that. I jump directly over the ledge and hit they player if they jump, and if they don't they're hit by the second part of the attack. It's fun, yes, but it doesn't do much damage and doesn't throw them back far if they don't jump. But hey, more damage is always good.

Third, one strategy I've found while using Wario is that sometimes the D-air seems to spike opponents; however, I haven't found a reliable way to make it happen.

Top Bottom