• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Shiek Questions

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I just started to play Shiek, and I must say, I really like her as a character. Very fun, and I'm not half bad with her. So, I have some questions about her:

1) Does she have any impossible match ups?
1a) If so, does Shiek and Zelda together have any impossible match ups?

2) Is Shiek popularly played

3) Is Shiek/Zelda preferred or Shiek alone? I'm having some trouble in an actual battle with Zelda, but if it makes a vast difference whether I'm good with her or not in a battle, then I'll be happy to try to improve with her.

Thanks.

demodemo

Smash Ace
1) Does she have any impossible match ups?
-Ice climbers, but honestly i think metaknight as well, but no one else agrees with me there.

1a) If so, does Shiek and Zelda together have any impossible match ups?
-To my knowledge no, but they still have bad matchups (metaknight)

2) Is Shiek popularly played
-no

3) Is Shiek/Zelda preferred or Shiek alone? I'm having some trouble in an actual battle with Zelda, but if it makes a vast difference whether I'm good with her or not in a battle, then I'll be happy to try to improve with her.
-It is much preferred to rack with sheik and transform into zelda at 100%+ but some matchups you should stay zelda or stay sheik. toon link for example, gets pummeled by sheik but not so much zelda.
-you may find many of us don't transofmr, even i don't anymore, since i find it more fun to kill/gimp with sheik

main things i should point out

-sheik has a very hard time killing, perhaps the worst in the game, unless you know what you are doing
-ftilt ftilt ftilt
-chain jacket is useless, don't learn it
-sheik's dacus (dash attack cancelled usmash) is very good but hard to learn. Setting a trigger to attack will help. This is a very good technic to help get sheik that double hit/tipper her usmash offers her
-ftilt ftilt ftilt

__V

Smash Journeyman
1) Does she have any impossible match ups? None.
1a) If so, does Shiek and Zelda together have any impossible match ups? Switching to Zelda would help aganst harder matchups.

2) Is Shiek popularly played? No.

3) Is Shiek/Zelda preferred or Shiek alone? I'm having some trouble in an actual battle with Zelda, but if it makes a vast difference whether I'm good with her or not in a battle, then I'll be happy to try to improve with her. Zelda isn't required at all. She can just be very useful if you're put in a position where it's really hard to win.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I would definitely consider ICs an impossible matchup without Zelda. Learn at least enough Zelda to beat ICs, and then that will probably be more than enough Zelda to use her for kills.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
IC are impossible for solo Sheik unless the IC user is someone that picked the random button and just happened to get them and has no clue on how to use them, and in that case you have an even match xD.

Together with both Sheik and Zelda though? No impossible matchups, hardest for both of them is G&W though.

Top Bottom