• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some R.O.B. Tricks // Part 1

All I really adored were the stage textures. :o

Notice that all of those tricks were set up at 0%, and most of them with opponents standing still or near a ledge. A Snake wouldn't be dumb enough to be near the wall in frigate at 0%, and even if he was, he'd at least have some explosives laying around that could screw the whole thing up. And it's really too useless to even risk going off the stage just to do a flashy gyro catch off the stage.

I'm sorry to be a dreamkilling downer, but that's just the way I'm seeing it. :/

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
All I really adored were the stage textures. :o

Notice that all of those tricks were set up at 0%, and most of them with opponents standing still or near a ledge. A Snake wouldn't be dumb enough to be near the wall in frigate at 0%, and even if he was, he'd at least have some explosives laying around that could screw the whole thing up. And it's really too useless to even risk going off the stage just to do a flashy gyro catch off the stage.

I'm sorry to be a dreamkilling downer, but that's just the way I'm seeing it. :/
Yea, but the combos weren't important it's the gyro trixies that were decent.

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
I think most of us knew about bouncing gyros off the walls to hit recovering opponents... I guess hitting the bottom of battlefield and z-catching (?) it is kinda cool, but how useful? I think the gyro tricks we should be learning are things like Ocean's wbgc--> b-air combo, one of my favorite "approaches" now haha

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I know of the wave bouncing, but which Bair combo do u speak of?

I agree that the gyro tricks are useless, except the recovering Diddy one, and on frigate, Dtilts ftw, screw 0% jabs when Dtilt works at any percent.

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
lol my bad... not combo, but that string, just jumping at them, wbgc to space and then b-air, puts you out of range for most shield grabs and you can get a good fire hit-box most of the time I think.

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
lol my bad... not combo, but that string, just jumping at them, wbgc to space and then b-air, puts you out of range for most shield grabs and you can get a good fire hit-box most of the time I think.
can u port a vid cuz i dont quite follow
EDIT: never mind i found something :)

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Good sh*t Reaper, and thanks for posting this TaYim. I actually used the Up-B > platform cancel > Reverse Up-B to B-air at MLG in a friendly, it was pretty flashy.

but you can do the same thing by RARing a B-air at them. Though you are much more likely to land the B-air if you WBGC into it since they will typically react to your strange movement. B-air itself is such a good wall that you wont get shield grabbed if your not on top of them, they can't punish it with grab without getting hit by the fire.

I'm not implying that you didn't know this, just rambling and making a point that WBGC isn't directly related to the B-air wall.

I know of the wave bouncing, but which Bair combo do u speak of?

I agree that the gyro tricks are useless, except the recovering Diddy one, and on frigate, Dtilts ftw, screw 0% jabs when Dtilt works at any percent.
I wouldn't call the BF tricks useless, the diddy thing is situational and there are other more reliable ways to gimp him, the BF stuff is flashy and actually adds some options when your trapped offstage against chars like falco or DDD on stages like BF, PS 1&2, or FD.

Yea, but the combos weren't important it's the gyro trixies that were decent.
Well yes, but either way, the Gyro tricks still seem useless in my eyes. Why risk losing a Gyro and possibly setting yourself up for some dumb, coulda-easily-been-avoided damage when you could just Fair the Diddy's recovery? I feel the need to agree with Croissant here, Ocean's WBGC just seems much more useful for the mere fact that it isn't aerial exclusive and you risk a lot less if you flub it.

Top Bottom