• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some questions I have

spikey151

Smash Rookie
Hello all, I just watched the Advanced How to Play video on Youtube, but I still have some questions. :confused:

1) When I SHFFL do I FF after, before, or during my arial attack?

2) What exactly does ledge teching do?

3) When you wall jump/tech do you get your second jump, air doge, B/A attacks back if you already did one or more of them? Or can you do those things after you wall jump if you didn't do them before?

4) I know this wasn't in the video but what is a JJC fair/nair/etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help.

clowsui

Smash Legend
....this should be in Melee Discussion, but before it gets moved...
1. Sh, Aerial (ff while doing an aerial. In combat, mix up the times that you do it at for different results that lead into different things), then LC
2. If an opponent's attack makes you even touch a ledge/the side/bottom of one, you can ledgetech so that you can make a recovery back. Not too sure on this one....
3. Yeah, you ALWAYS get second jump/b moves/aerials. That's assuming you WTech'd/WJumped on the first jump...however, if you're hit into a wall and you wall tech you get all jumps unused and any b moves/aerials.
4. I think that's a double jump cancel? Iono...if a JJC is what I just said, it's not used with Marth at all. The floaty jump guys (ex: ness, mewtwo) can do a short hop and float with the second but at a low altitude so that once they do an aerial it cancels when it touches the ground.
Not too sure on this either.

pockyD

Smash Legend
The floaty jump guys (ex: ness, mewtwo) can do a short hop and float with the second but at a low altitude so that once they do an aerial it cancels when it touches the ground.
a DJC is where one of those characters (yoshi, ness, mewtwo, peach i believe) does an attack during their double jump, which cancels the jump, not the move (i.e. start the DJ, do an attack and they will stop rising)

as for jjc i have no idea what that is or means

spikey151

Smash Rookie
Marth
JJC Fair Combos: These are executed by performing fair, JJC fair, and then
another fair. All tippers. Useful for doing damage, most of the time you'll
want to do these from a Dash dance. normally, this will push you're opponent
over the edge... in which case you should start edge guarding them for the
kill (Tipper, Wd Tipper, D-tilt)
This is something I read from Flaco's Marth guide and it doesn't really explain. I'm just wondering what it is and how to execute it.

Top Bottom