• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some questions about Pikachu's CGs on Ike

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well, the Ike boards are basically doing a gigantic match-up guide, and we've stumbled upon the question of the chaingrabs. There's just some questions I have on those:

1) Is the Forward Throw one hard to do? I'd heard something about the timing being strict for Ike, so I'd like to confirm this.

2) How would one escape the Dthrow one, as it isn't a true CG?

If you'd like to provide your input on the match-up to help with the guide itself, it's at the top of the Ike boards, stickied. I'd ask that you don't just come in and provide numbers (50-50, 55-45, whatever), as right now it's more important to get the actual strategy down, so we won't add numbers for a while.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
2) Double jump. It's fun to chainthrow silly Ikes who don't know how to get out of it. Without the double jump, though (impossible. you get it back from dthrow), you'll be chainthrown to 70ish%.

So in other words, just jump out of the first one or so.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Me and Ussi both posted in the thread, and i don't think any information will be necessary in this thread

gallax

Smash Hero
well esam...for all the pika players who dont know about this it is good for us. even though we know that ike's jump out, some may not know and miss an opportunity for a hit.

a good example is the wolf CG. wolf can reflector out of his CG and therefore disrupt. if pika players do not know this then how are they supposed to counter it at the time? a simple usmash or utilt would fix it for them and bam...more comboes>greater pika player.

Top Bottom