• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some more CG's for you guys :P.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
These are just some useful variations on alt grabs I've never seen.

1. Don't you hate it when you Bthrow and nana dash grabs them instead of just doing a standing grab making it hard to follow up? Well, don't fret :p. If this happens just immediatly backthrow with nana, and while she is back throwing make popo face her again and grab. It's pretty easy. So: Bthrow --> dash grab --> bthrow ---> popograb. You can just do this over and over. Pretty useful against heavy characters that are hard to bthrow cg more then once.

2. This is a variation of the above CG. After you grab with popo if you bthrow while nana is walking past you she should always standing grab them. Since popo is in front of nana you can just fthrow with nana, then turn around with popo and grab them. Repeat.

3. Alternate the above two cg's for pure awesomeness.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Wait... for the first one, is that a pivot grab after a Nana does a bthrow? Uhm, like if you b-throw normally, Nana bthrows, and then pivot grab with Popo. Is that what you mean? O-o

If that's what you mean... it's good for lightweights. ;-;

Barge

All I want is a custom title
now all IC needs is a grab-release infinite and brawl domination is complete
Ice climbers grab release sucks :[
Except for when nana/popo is in range to do something with it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ICs actually have the best grab release infinite against a wall. Just grab someone and keep hitting them. It will alternate between popo and nana grabbing them and looks awesome. I did this to sethlon in a match on PS1 XD.

Also, there is no pivoting involved in the cg's in the first post. I'll get a vid up soonish I guess.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Oh wait... so when Nana dashes with a b-throw, just turn around and grab with Popo? Okies. But I think when you b-throw normally with Popo to Nana, you can do a pivot grab after Nana b-throws again.

Well.. we can wait for the vid I guess... ugh... school. <.<

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Here's another new grab for you guys to toy around with.

Have PoPo grab and do a b-throw and while doing this have Nana do a F-air then regrab.

works up until 40 then jst ice block and regrab afterwards

(It has to be in the direction that Popo was looking before he did the b-throw to be able to do Nana's F-air)

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Here's another new grab for you guys to toy around with.

Have PoPo grab and do a b-throw and while doing this have Nana do a F-air then regrab.

works up until 40 then jst ice block and regrab afterwards

(It has to be in the direction that Popo was looking before he did the b-throw to be able to do Nana's F-air)
XD I've done that before. Good shiz, Kadaj.

I've never seen your IC before. Who do you use them against?

Kage Me

Smash Ace
1. Don't you hate it when you Bthrow and nana dash grabs them instead of just doing a standing grab making it hard to follow up? Well, don't fret :p. If this happens just immediatly backthrow with nana, and while she is back throwing make popo face her again and grab. It's pretty easy. So: Bthrow --> dash grab --> bthrow ---> popograb. You can just do this over and over. Pretty useful against heavy characters that are hard to bthrow cg more then once.
This wasn't known? o_0;

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
The bthrow to Fthrow one is much better if you buffer the fthrow. Check my vid thread to see. :p

Snare

Smash Lord
ICs actually have the best grab release infinite against a wall. Just grab someone and keep hitting them. It will alternate between popo and nana grabbing them and looks awesome. I did this to sethlon in a match on PS1 XD.

Also, there is no pivoting involved in the cg's in the first post. I'll get a vid up soonish I guess.
lol i saw that somewhere, think it was one of your combo vids

i still want to see a grab release cg without a wall though D:

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Weird, I was under the impression that Marth does better against MK than IC.

COME TO NC!
At top level play, yes.
At most players' levels (say, 90~95% of the people on these boards), Ice Climbers can **** Meta Knight's approach. Badly. And having a distinct lack of a projectile, not being able to approach is a problem for Meta Knight...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The bthrow to Fthrow one is much better if you buffer the fthrow. Check my vid thread to see. :p
:/ but you can't grab them if you buffer it lol. You're thinking of just Bthrow to fthrow, which isn't what I'm talking about at all lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This would look fancy. :bee:
Not very practical though lol.
Why not? I find it very useful. It's really easy to have nana dashgrab from a bthrow and I find it increases my consistancy since the bthrow from nana to popo's grab while facing her is really easy.

Also, if you mess up bthrow to bthrow cg's by dashing you can just do this to reset it. Very useful.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I think I understand and can do the first one...but I don't get what you mean by the second one at all lol...:urg: to me, the description of the second one just sounds like bthrow > fthrow XD but I'm sure you're more creative then that...:bee:

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Why not? I find it very useful. It's really easy to have nana dashgrab from a bthrow and I find it increases my consistancy since the bthrow from nana to popo's grab while facing her is really easy.

Also, if you mess up bthrow to bthrow cg's by dashing you can just do this to reset it. Very useful.
Ah I see.
I have Nana do a dthrow or fthrow if I accidentally do the dash grab.
I guess the only difference is that this would keep them in the same place.
And it looks cooler. :)

Top Bottom