• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Ike vids. =]

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
So far, I've only seen the first match. In that one, you hardly used Ike's jabs at all, much less jab cancelling. You aren't too bad though, just work on jabs and, like you mentioned yourself, on spacing better.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Stop fsmashing.... At least until you get better... And actually, NEVER do it when your opponent is at a low percent... Doing it at low percents is just.... High risk, low reward... >_>

1st match: Yes, you're right. You do need work on your spacing... Also, at times it seemed like you were just throwing out a lot of random attacks and hoping one of them would hit...

You really could have used better attacks in certain situations in this video... Like at :44, an fair would've been better. Or 1:47, a walkoff fair would've been better... I dunno why you tried to Aether spike, you moved too far away from the ledge to grab it, and you missed him anyway... ._. And at 2:34, a bunch of other moves would've been better.

That Wolf has bad reaction times at certain points... o_O;; He could've done a lot better at punishing you at times too. Anyway, you got lucky this match. You got a lucky fsmash on him, he tripped off the stage into an Aetherspike, and he killed himself at the end. You probably shouldn't have won that match.

2nd match: Your first death. Don't use Quickdraw to recover like that. -_- Otherwise... This match was A LOT better... There were still quite a few times where you could've used better moves though. There were even a couple times where you missed fsmash opportunities... D:

3rd match: You like to use dair as a shield whenever you get hit up... You may want to try using Eruption instead, it can be more rewarding... Also, you may want to try doing something else from a Jab cancel besides grabbing. Jab to utilt or jab to jab works fairly well. One more thing... You're trying to dair spike wrong.... If they're coming at you horizontally, you usually have better options... Like fair or bair, mostly. Plus you don't have to waste your second jump.

Also, no offense to him, but that MK wass pretty bad.

4th match: Wtf was with the onstage dtilts? ._. 1:20.... Did you move toward the stage...? It looks like you just kinda let yourself fall for a bit, then move toward it... <_< Anyway, you could've gone with less ftilts in this match... You used it a bunch.. ._.;; And lol, nice ending.

5th match: ....Why did you Aether away from the stage? -_-;; But yeah... Not much to say about this one, other than what I've already been saying.

6th match: Again, I don't really have anything to say about this one... But man... This guy's Ice Climbers are worse than his MK... >_> Can't chaingrab properly, and it doesn't look like he has a feel for the Ice Climbers... Like it's his first time playing them or something... x_X He shoulda just stuck to Wolf....

Final Statements: You're better than the average Ike. And when I say "average Ike", I mean those random Ike n00bs on "With Anyone" WiFi. You still have a bunch of room for improvement though. My biggest suggestion for you to get better is to play against adverse and even better people. It felt like you didn't know how to react to some certain things characters did... Get more individual matchup experience.

Well... There ya go.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Pretty much nobody in Tucson plays Brawl, lol. EX is one of the only players I can get to play me. Arizona is pretty much an anti-brawl state. I used to be anti-brawl, until I approached the game differently.

EX just recently picked up IC in brawl. He hasn't really cemented a main for himself yet, and plays a variety of characters, such as IC, MK, Wario, Wolf, and occasionally Mario and DDD, so he obviously hasn't gotten a feel for the character yet. :x

Now to explain some things I've been doing, and why you might not understand what I'm doing.

As regard to "throwing random moves out.": Until recently, I've been playing on a HD-TV, which has nearly an entire second of lag. It gets even worse on Wifi, so I refuse to play. I would have to attack waaay before they even started to move in order to get hits with Ike, and has become a habit. I'm slowly breaking the habit.

Yeah, I f-tilted too many times, lol.

The D-tilts were supposed to be down smashes. They weren't coming out that game. @_@

Sure there could be better moves/options, but I'm still learning. I'll figure out what options are best as I play more people. (basically wont happen since AZ is anti-brawl and wifi sucks.)

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i saw the first match
yea more spacing as you said:p
i saw a lot of sweet opportunities for jab canceling lol
less Fmashing for sure,or at least save it till your opponents higher in damage

overall just work on canceling and spacing and your fine:)

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
You're not that bad man. A bit heavy on the FSmash, spacing needs work but not bad at all. Also, I like your Ftilt usage.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
I would consider you better than the majority of Ike players. That is because the very good ones actually visit these forums, the rest learn on their own and sometimes suck. As you said, spacing is priority, and also, if you are directly above someone who is off the platform, use D-Air, it will be much more effective. Good ground game, easy up the F-Smash quite a bit. And by the way, if you are going to grab, use more B-Throws in a few situations, because they can set up for a B-Air, easily Ike's best move, and up there with other top moves like Aura Smash (Lucario) PK Thunder (Lucas) and Reflector (Falco)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I would consider you better than the majority of Ike players. That is because the very good ones actually visit these forums, the rest learn on their own and sometimes suck. As you said, spacing is priority, and also, if you are directly above someone who is off the platform, use D-Air, it will be much more effective. Good ground game, easy up the F-Smash quite a bit. And by the way, if you are going to grab, use more B-Throws in a few situations, because they can set up for a B-Air, easily Ike's best move, and up there with other top moves like Aura Smash (Lucario) PK Thunder (Lucas) and Reflector (Falco)
Thanks for the info. I only recently incorporated his grab game, so I'm still experimenting with it.

I like his F throw alot, tbh. Even if it doesn't lead into anything, it still serves as an effective gtfo move against improperly spaced attacks.

Oh, about jab canceling: I actually did jab quite a bit. You guys need to watch each video, not just fsmash spam city. I usually followed it into a grab. I did try the 5-jab combo, but usually messed it up. I also tried canceling it into a f-tilt, but I usually did it too slow, though tbh I still think even if I did it faster, the move isn't quick enough to hit, regardless. I'm pretty sure they can react.

Top Bottom