• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some character specific updates on PDacus/ w.e you want to call it.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
So, as alot of peope know, Diddy mains have a new AT to mess around with. More like every character who can Dacus normally and get a boost out of it. I've been testing the PDacus out with most of the characters and found some cool things for Wario I figured I should share. That and I figured I'd save you guys some time figuring out the timing on when to input a PDacus after some moves.
For those of you who don't know, it's just inputting a dash attack/ upsmash before a move actually finishes, buffering it by hitting forward on your control stick/ up on your c-stick to inititate a dash attack, and then hitt up on your c-stick again immediatly after.

General note: Wario has to input the dash attack command in earlier then any of the cast it seems. Otherwise he just does a standing up-smash or hyphen smash.

General tip: If you can't get the timing right, first start off by just trying to buffer the dash attack with C-up, and once you get the timing down for that, add the second C-up. I don't recommend using C-down to input the dash attack, since the timing is the same as the c-up dash attack, and you have to have a thumb faster then the Wacko Kid from Blazin Saddles. :laugh:

D-air > PDacus. Yep.
Short hop buffered d-air, and input the PDacus right as Wario's head is touching the ground but before he auto cancels the aerial, and you'll zip across the stage. Useful for mindgames maybe since you can do a retreating d-air then move forward at Sonic's ground speed.

Bite > PDacus. If you feel like doing some more mindgames, or you just whiff a bite, do a PDacus as Wario closes his mouth while the sparks or w/e those thigns are fly out of his mouth. Useful for avoiding a punisher or something, I guess.

B-throw > PDacus. It works, just input the PDacus right as Wario finishes his last spin. Maybe a few frames before that.

F-tilt > PDacus Situational, but you can do the PDacus if they roll away or something, or again, for mindgames since Wario moves forward so fast. Input the dash attack right at the end of Wario's punch animation, before he brings his hand back to his side. Same thing can be done with Wario's d-tilt. Though I doubt it could be useful.

B-air > PDacus. This would be I guess for if you didn't auto cancel the b-air. Initiate it right before he starts to sit up.

Up-air > PDacus. Probly the fastest way to do a PDacus for Wario, second to only the auto canceled d-air. Soon as you hit the ground, and I mean as soon as you touch the ground, do it.

Grab > PDacus. Right after he finishes his swipe motion but before he rotates back into his standing stance. I don't see this being useful either, and it seems to have the most strict timing out of any of the buffer windows.

Jab > PDacus. Same deal as his tilts. Just input the PDacus right after the second jab's hitbox ends but before he pulls his hand to nuetral stance. Timing is fairly strict on this one. But not as bad as his whiffed grab.

There's more, but since all of these are situational/ for mindgames only, it's more or less up to you to be creative and use what you want. Except the b-throw. I haven't tested it yet with DI, but it seems it can be a true combo at medium percents.

Enjoy having something new to use as a mixup. :)

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I think from what I read Wario gains a VERY small buff in distance, so it's basically a DACUS, but quicker. Don't know anything about the speed though.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
PDacus? how u do it? is an autocancel or wut?

nvm i just read it xD

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
from wut i read is just bufferin a dacus , but sounds kinda useful

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I love using this against shield. they usually drop their shield after the dash attack knowing the dash attack lag is punishable.

5star thread

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Wow, this is cool! And you just tap the c-stick up twice (very quickly, I assume)? Is the timing of the PDacus the same as the timing of a normal Dacus? Can you even do a normal Dacus with just the c-stick?

Could someone make a vid of this? That would be AWESOME!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hmm... tbh, I think the main strength of this for us is going to be as a quick retreat, especially if we hit someone's shield. If I can get the timing down today I'll mess around with it.

Really don't know why people consider it a new AT or whatever when it's just a buffered DACUS.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
It's considered a new AT mostly just in the Diddy community because under normal circumstances he can't Dacus as far as with the buffered version. And yes, all it is is you're buffering a dash attack by using up-C and forward on the control stick, then immediatly up smashing so that as soon as the dash attack comes out you do a perfect Dacus. It gives some characters a slight distance boost over their normal Dacus, and with Diddy, it lets him Dacus much farther then normally possible.
I don't really think it gives any speed boost over a normal Dacus, but the fact that it comes out immediatly after the action you buffer it with, it can be useful for mindgames or avoiding punishment, etc. If it does give any speed boost, it's very slight.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
oh btw, if you press down on the cstick > let go so it resets > up cstick you are in business it works wonders for me.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Retreating dair to pdacus is too good. It's really easy to do with Dair and Nair. I haven't gotten it to work with anything else (except Upair, but it's way too inconsistent).

I'm still waiting on the "We'll upload you're replays" thread to get to it.

Top Bottom