• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solo the Hero

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pretty ****in great

especially like the pika shine gimp

but those SHIELDBREAKS tho ahhhhhh so fancy mind blown

good music too

why don't we have more baller application videos these days? I hunger

banze

Smash Journeyman
Awesome vid Solo !!

As always, impressive shine breaks and gimps!!
waiting for the next one with me taking it! ;]

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
As i mentioned before, i respect more a player with an impressive aplication video then combo video, but those are EXTREMELY ****ING RARE.
God, i'm not a men easy to impress, and i'm shocked.. most application videos are filled with tons of drills and stuff that don't really work against good players, in this vid most combos are usable, not to mention the fanciness hahaha
Also, not only is impressive all this fluency in shine shield-breaking, but i was beginning to exploit the shield(shine) as defensive mechanism, and you showed me that this can work!
Fox main to Fox main, have my like plus 5/5

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Shine shieldbreaks are the best.

Good stuff. I look forward to playing against you in the future.

I'm stealing your DK edgeguarding technology, too. I saw it prior and it is just too strong.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah amazing vid man. And I agree that edgeguard against DK is ****. I remember it was discussed on smashboards, but I forgot about it lol. Now I'm really gonna try implementing it.

Of course best part was the quick message lol.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yoooo I've been doing the shield/shine DK's up b for years. I just never record matches. Now I'm salty everyone thinks Solo was the 1st to come up with it. :mad:

Awesome vid though. =]

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i remember that shine OOS being discussed too. i try it all the time and **** it up tho, as with a lot of other things LOL

TANK64

Smash Lord
Now I'm salty everyone thinks Solo was the 1st to come up with it.:mad:
Anyone who actually thinks that needs to quit life.
But you know like tons of people will lol.

and yea, that's the story of my life lol ( only I usually have it recorded but no one notices xD )
Oh well, everyone's gotta STEAL something =P
Just glad to see other people doing it. Hell, just the angling and counter attacking is something I'm happy to see.
Just be satisfied you're credited for low laser technology.

It's funny how it's 2013 and I think there's tons of useful tricks nobody uses, because they're just claimed to be too flashy or dangerous.
How do you expect to practice these things?
I remember when people said shine>jab>upsmash was just for flash like a few weeks years ago lol.
And shine>jab>upsmash out of shield <-------peeps still don't do this even though it's like uber broken in twelve ways.

*sigh* Oh the life of TANK.

The Star King

Smash Hero
so have you got any shine jab upsmash out of shield recorded, TANK? I think that'd be cool to see.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Yoooo I've been doing the shield/shine DK's up b for years. I just never record matches. Now I'm salty everyone thinks Solo was the 1st to come up with it. :mad:
There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit. :-)

jk jk, that's major bs

King Funk didn't invent or popularized unusual doug hugs, guys, y'know who did it? CPU Falcon. at least that's where I learned it from.
Nintendude's thread for Reverse Ledge DI is from 2010 or sth. Ant-d's is from 06. What am I missing?

Not counting all the obvious techs that anyone with some free time could do and just because one guy uses a little bit more than everyone else, he gets the name.

dumb

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I didn't invent shine-canceling, Michael Jordan didn't invent dunking, and Star King didn't invent flaking out of tournaments, but we're all the best at it.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Very impressive! Do you play online often? I'd like to play you one day and get wrecked.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Can you make this available on mobile? I don't know what "making a video available on mobile" entails, but if it's a simple box or something you have to check on youtube, that would be cool cause I'm almost never at a desktop

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Can you make this available on mobile? I don't know what "making a video available on mobile" entails, but if it's a simple box or something you have to check on youtube, that would be cool cause I'm almost never at a desktop
It's not just a simple button press. Because of the music I used, there's a copyright claim on the video that only allows it to be viewed on desktop. I submitted a dispute, and it should currently work on mobile. However, that dispute might not hold up. After that, the video will go back to how it was, the video will be removed, or the account will be banned (hopefully not the latter two).

So, watch it quickly jimmyjoe.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
You should be able to use something awesome like FormatFactory and make the video a compatible format for phone browsers if it isn't already. From there, you may want to watch how you submit it to Youtube; I've uploaded mobile stuff to my FB page and had it work beautifully using this method. If you also want the video to be a smaller size and have control over the compression and certain things like that, you can use Handbrake. I'm sure there are other tools out there that can do these things, but these two have yet to fail me since I started using them over a couple years ago.

As far as the music is concerned, it should really only mute the audio if the music track is under copyright unless something "serious" happens and they remove it/ban the account. I've had it happen a few times, no big deal about it so far. You can also just strip the audio/video using simple conversions in FormatFactory anyways.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Awesome stuff han! I love the combos that you run from the top platform on DL to one of the side plats and use that laser to keep it connected for the jab > usmash.

Top Bottom