• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Solo cruel smash

Mythrid

Smash Rookie
I want to unlock duck hunt dog without having to jump off the stage 100 times. I see that I can get one KO in solo cruel smash to unlock him but I have no clue how to get to solo cruel smash. Any help?

I've looked through the menus but I'm probably just blind and am missing it. :p

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
Games & More
Solo
Stadium
Multi-Man Smash
Cruel Smash.

Also, to get one kill fairly easily, just use a character with a strong counter, i.e. Shulk or Ike, and just counter their moves.

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
First character I tried to unlock, actually.
I played as Yoshi and got lucky, had a guy jump off the cliff.
Got the stage and character! ^_^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder if the Kirby trick still works, as that's how I was able to complete Smash 3DS's Cruel Smash challenges.

Lorenzo The Comic

Smash Journeyman
some place pronounced like a Pokémon Website
NNID
OutboundKid
You mean the one where you use Kirby's Up+B towards the ledge? Yeah, that works. That's how I managed to score at least one K.O. in Cruel Smash. It's tedious but worth it, and try to get their damage percentage to at least around 150% and then maybe use Down+B for the kill.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I've managed to get 11 KOs in one Cruel Smash. Use Marth, wait for them to attack, and hit them with a well spaced counter.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I've managed to get 11 KOs in one Cruel Smash. Use Marth, wait for them to attack, and hit them with a well spaced counter.
Would DK and his Down+B work or no?

You are correct, it requires at least 1 K.O. to unlock Duck Hunt and his stage. There was even this one Miiverse post I saw which detailed the requirements on unlocking each character.
Thought as much

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By the way about the book

I can agree its a slight misprint

It said ko more than one opponent in a single game of cruel smash

And wait until you hear this

Sonic is going to beat the snot out of sakurai for this but

The book is saying greninja is the fastest character in the game

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There's are two challenges that take you back to Cruel Smash.

-Get 8 or more KOs in a single Cruel Smash
-Play as Lucina and score 8 or more KOs in a single Solo Cruel Smash

Completing the second will complete the first.

To spare some grief for those in the future, I spent the past 2 1/2 hours on this Challenge, and finally found an easy way to do it.

- Reset the fight until the Mii Fighters setup begins with one Mii Fighter on the left.
- Fair to kill that stray guy on the left.
- Roll from one side to the other as fast as you can.
- Grab/Dash Grab/Shield Grab the first Mii Fighter that comes close.
- Back Throw.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the counter goes to 8.

The reason you need to kill the stray guy first is because it's a Mii Gunner, and it's the only one in the initial lineup. If you start the challenge rolling, he can catch you with Fsmash, which puts you at the mercy of everyone else. And by the time another Mii Gunner spawns, you'll likely be within arms reach to grab him, if he doesn't approach you himself.

It's simple and not flashy, but it gets the job done. Doesn't even need Counter.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I just got around to completing that one too.

I basically did the same thing with Luigi as I did with Lucina - Back Throw has the added benefit of knocking away any advancing Mii Fighters as well. If you're on the ledge, use your Get-up attack, since the Mii Fighters don't shield. If you're feeling under pressure, you can try Luigi Cyclone'ing down the stage too.

When the clock hits 51 seconds or so, you can go stall offstage. Down B will pick you up some, Luigi's floaty, and Super Jump Punch gets him back to the ledge to get invincibility if needed.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I just got around to completing that one too.

I basically did the same thing with Luigi as I did with Lucina - Back Throw has the added benefit of knocking away any advancing Mii Fighters as well. If you're on the ledge, use your Get-up attack, since the Mii Fighters don't shield. If you're feeling under pressure, you can try Luigi Cyclone'ing down the stage too.

When the clock hits 51 seconds or so, you can go stall offstage. Down B will pick you up some, Luigi's floaty, and Super Jump Punch gets him back to the ledge to get invincibility if needed.
Bam, thanks man!

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
That God-forsaken 8 KO challenge. I had 7 kills with Lucina using the GameXplain method of spamming upB under the right ledge, and I swear the AI figured out what I was doing and just stayed in the middle. Just about all of them were over 155% so I figured a good whack or counter would take would take one out. But no. I haven't gotten as close since.

I also tried @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan 's suggestion but that hasn't worked either. Half the time they'd come back from the throw and any other time there's too many to grab one before getting killed instantly by the others.

I was okay with Miis both before and after they were confirmed for Smash, but this challenge has single-handedly made me outright despise them.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
IGN has a great strategy for getting 8 KOs with Lucina. I was able to use this to get that challenge completed:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/2...smash-as-lucina-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u

One thing I found out that made completing the challenge much easier: When you get up from the ledge, you don't have to roll once to get Lucina facing the right way. If you counter as soon as you get up, she will usually end up turning around to hit the fighters off of the edge.

For Luigi, just roll around back and forth across the bottom. When you get to an edge, you can back throw if there is a single fighter near you, then run back to the other side. It takes several tries but it is doable. There are several videos on Youtube of people doing this.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
The funny part is that I'm beating my bestest friends, my sister, my boss, my teacher, Lady Gaga, Pucca, Velma from Scooby Doo, Ke$ha, Anabelle the demonic Doll, ChupaCabra, my uncle, the person I hate the most, and every other family member in Cruel Smash:secretkpop:

Edit: Actually, they are beating me :secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

Last edited:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Might be a good idea to try this with Luigi and his 1-min challenge, the Cyclone works wonders with scattering the Miis and keeping them off me and I had a few unable to get back on the stage.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Finally did it yesterday, but I had to change up my strategy a little.

I still utilized GameXplain's method, but instead of staying under the platform the whole time, I'd do the initial recovery to knock the Miis back to the middle of the stage, jump up from the ledge if the coast was clear, and hang close to it midair to entice to Miis to come towards the precipice, air dodging on the way back down.

Now that several Miis are clustered at the very edge, repeat the first step and one, two, or even three Miis will end up swiped of the stage, but be aware they will footstool jump each other or even you to recover back, so be very careful.

A risky technique, and one that required several tries, but if done right the challenge can be completed rather quickly.

Raijinken

Smash Master
You also have to get 4 KOs as Pit for another challenge.

My Lucina strategy was to back-throw any time one approached at a time, since that almost always gets the kill. Then drop down, wait for them to cluster, and climb-attack them, which knocked them most of the way across the stage. Repeat efforts for two hours until successful. Same strategy worked for Pit, and for Luigi I killed one or two and then just floated around forever. Edge attacks keep them away long enough to buy time.

Last edited:

Cha Cha San

Smash Cadet
The easiest way to get 1 KO is just pick ganon, jump off the stage, then side-B one of the Mii's that are standing at the edge for a suicide.

Top Bottom