• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Sold Out Copies. Your Experience?

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
As of today, Smash Bros for 3DS launched here in Norway, every electronic store in my local mall has sold out the game, which to me is quite surprising since the smash scene in Europe is not that huge. It might be good that Nintendo manages to sell out their games here in Europe, or maybe the retailers did a poor job at getting enough copies, who knows?

Have you people experienced any situations like this today? :happysheep:

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
That's why you always preorder it :) can never be too sure

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
As of today, Smash Bros for 3DS launched here in Norway, every electronic store in my local mall has sold out the game, which to me is quite surprising since the smash scene in Europe is not that huge. It might be good that Nintendo manages to sell out their games here in Europe, or maybe the retailers did a poor job at getting enough copies, who knows?

Have you people experienced any situations like this today? :happysheep:
Yeah, closest retailers around me have already sold out. Pretty impressive.

ArchMageDiablo

Smash Cadet
Always, always, always pre-order games you want to play on day one. It costs you nothing in the end because they credit it toward your purchase of the game and it guarantees you a copy, and most of the time gets you extra content (not with nintendo games such as this unfortunately)

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
There was a decent amount of people at my Gamestop, but people came in and just bought copies without preorder. I guess get it off the eShop.

Also, the eShop is pretty stable. I'd make sure to do it before 3 PM. All the school kids running come to get smash hahahahaha.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I had no problems with my download or the eShop. Admittedly, I downloaded the game at launch. I wanted to contribute to the inevitable "Smash 3DS sells so many million copies in 48 hours."

TRB4

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I don't know why everyone thinks you can only buy video games from GameStop and BestBuy. You know who almost never sells out? Toy stores. Nobody every buys their video games from toy stores except parents and relatives that have been told what to buy. So go check Toys R Us, or what ever your local toy store is and you might be surprised.

My mom used to work at K B Toys and she would tell me all the time about how people would come in and ask for a game or console that was sold out every where else and she would tell them "Yeah we have a bunch" and how shocked the customer would be. Everyone always forgets about the toy stores.

Novaka

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4613-8213-0086
Yeah I'm with TRB4 on this one. I picked mine up at EBgames which I had pre-ordered from, but when all else fails and they (Or Futureshop) don't have it, there's the other places too. Superstore, Walmart and even Target still had plenty this morning. I know from working at Superstores electronics before that we usually didn't sell out of games, and so many people would constantly come in for game releases and say "We didn't even think to check here"

They are out there, just gotta look outside game stores.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I got the second to last copy on a Sanborns store (there's no Gamestop or BestBuy where I live, so I need to find games in Sears-like stores) The feeling of victory is still inside me.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
The e-Shop is the way to go. Unless your one of those who prefers physical over digital. I haven't bought a physical game in years just because it's so convenient and easy to purchase games online now but to each they're own.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
I went to the midnight release at local Gamestop, had to wait at the back of the line, and walked out with the very last unreserved copy. To think I was going to wait till they opened in the morning, hah, I was crazy for thinking that.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Honestly, I don't know why everyone thinks you can only buy video games from GameStop and BestBuy. You know who almost never sells out? Toy stores. Nobody every buys their video games from toy stores except parents and relatives that have been told what to buy. So go check Toys R Us, or what ever your local toy store is and you might be surprised.

My mom used to work at K B Toys and she would tell me all the time about how people would come in and ask for a game or console that was sold out every where else and she would tell them "Yeah we have a bunch" and how shocked the customer would be. Everyone always forgets about the toy stores.
I worked at Toys R Us when Donkey Kong Country Returns/COD Black Ops/a couple others came out and believe me when I say that people definitely come to Toy stores, lol.

We were consistently sold out of DKCR for a long while. Epic Yarn I think too, though not as long.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I don't ever preorder games. I just went to my local 24 hour Walmart and picked it up at midnight. No line. No problems. However I will say that I felt they didn't have that many copies. Like 30. Seemed like a small amount.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I went to Walmart first because it's closest to my house, waited for about 15 minuets for someone to come to electronics after asking if someone could be paged. Then this guy who had walked by my four times told me he could only sell copies to pre-orders so I went to Target and was out of there in 2 minuets with a copy.

Screw Walmart.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My local GameStop and XtraVision were out of stock, which REALLY surprised me, since I wasn't aware people bought Nintendo games on such a scale in my area. However, Argos had two copies left, and I managed to nab one.

Apparently various shops in the City Centre in Dublin were out of stock too.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
It helped me learn that Target is the best place to buy my video games. The guy ringed me up like right away. Gamestop has the worst customer service ever :p.

Top Bottom