• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

soft knee oh noes...OH WAIT

fugito348

Smash Journeyman
falcon's knee is alot harder to get a sweetspot hit on in brawl and most of the time itll probably be a soft knee. However in the air when going for a knee and you hit the soft knee, you can immediately spam the u-air and itll hit the opponent. Keep in mind the uair isnt a jumped uair after the knee but a falling uair after the knee.

its worked so far for me, but i havnt completely tested it out in all situations.

craZZZ

Smash Rookie
o cool! im going to go try this out! i really wanted to combo with falcon on brawl like i did on melee and here's my chance to start yeah!

Mann

Smash Ace
This has already been known though. Like, from Melee. Except most of the time people use their 2nd jump to Uair.

In most cases I prefer using an Nair if they are still close to me after a failed Fair, especially if we are close to the ground and only the first kick hits. Right after that, a Raptor Boost, Raptor Kick, or smash can be used, if you want to stick to the ground.

Mann

Smash Ace
im sorry i think i read something above that said raptor kick. wtf is that. i mean, come on now.
Because that's one of the other options that have an easier time knocking them back at higher %'s when need some room to regroup? I mean, come on now. I'm not going to limit myself.

fugito348

Smash Journeyman
This has already been known though. Like, from Melee. Except most of the time people use their 2nd jump to Uair.

In most cases I prefer using an Nair if they are still close to me after a failed Fair, especially if we are close to the ground and only the first kick hits. Right after that, a Raptor Boost, Raptor Kick, or smash can be used, if you want to stick to the ground.
i know that it works in melee. most things in brawl would work in melee, but im not sure if you misunderstood or not. im talking about not using a second jump and doing a uair. this way it comes out faster and since stun lag in brawl seems less a second jump uair might give enough time for the opponent to airdoge.

Dominate-i didnt think of that. thanks =D

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Because that's one of the other options that have an easier time knocking them back at higher %'s when need some room to regroup? I mean, come on now. I'm not going to limit myself.
I think he meant raptor kick.

That is to say, he meant FALCON Kick. Considering that's what he yells as he does it. Just saying.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
dude, why does falcon forum have ppl like jonadiaper?
this place is for falcon fans
and falcon fans r either cool, manly, sexy or all of the above
jonadiaper met none of the above requirement to be a falcon fan
get outta here!!

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Like you've never made a mistake in your life.

Get real or get out.
you need to calm down. your taking things way to seriously. you following me around or something. if like the kid under says this is for "falcon fans" how can you not know the falcon kick when he screams it out loud. anyways leave me alone. either that or get owned by me. pick one. ill even beat you with falcon just cuz i can.

dude, why does falcon forum have ppl like jonadiaper?
this place is for falcon fans
and falcon fans r either cool, manly, sexy or all of the above
jonadiaper met none of the above requirement to be a falcon fan
get outta here!!
im pretty sure i played falcon before you did, and if not, im pretty sure im still better then you with him.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
you need to calm down. your taking things way to seriously. you following me around or something. if like the kid under says this is for "falcon fans" how can you not know the falcon kick when he screams it out loud. anyways leave me alone. either that or get owned by me. pick one. ill even beat you with falcon just cuz i can.

im pretty sure i played falcon before you did, and if not, im pretty sure im still better then you with him.

lol, i know it's not just me but almost every one in the smash community have heard of a noob talking about how good they r.
and besides who cares if u actually started falcon b4 i did
i used falcon ever since bro 64 and i am still using him. u r an ike user now, get my point straight, get out of falcon forum

edit: o btw, have you not realize that there's no one support any of ur point of view or any reply u make? r u just so stupid that u just found that out after reading this?
no matter how much sense u try to make, deep inside ur dumb heart u know ur stupid lol!!!

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
blah blah falcon blah blah 64 blah blah get out. and me a noob? hahaha. im mad sexy in melee with falcon. MAD DUMB FREAKIN SEXY. search up my name on youtube see how sexy that motha is. anyways. ima stop arguing. PM me your brawl code if you wanna match when i get my wii which should be either tommorow or friday iight? peace.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
blah blah falcon blah blah 64 blah blah get out. and me a noob? hahaha. im mad sexy in melee with falcon. MAD DUMB FREAKIN SEXY. search up my name on youtube see how sexy that motha is. anyways. ima stop arguing. PM me your brawl code if you wanna match when i get my wii which should be either tommorow or friday iight? peace.
i just searched and i didn't find any jonadiaper melee videos, not even one smash video i meant. and when i typed in "jonadiaper falcon"
it says no matches were found.
ur falcon sure is sexy

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
oh thats right my bad man. i use jonadiaper for my drumming vids now. JDssbm is what you gotta search. i totally forgot, ill make it easier for you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JDssbm

oh the one against sheik is sexy, the ones against samus are sexy. and i know your gonna be sayin "lol they sux" i just make them look bad. i put so much pressure its crazy.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Whoa... chill people. There's no need to start a flame war over a simple typo. Yes, it should be "Falcon Kick" and not "Raptor Kick", but that's no reason to start a flame war over.

Anyways, yeah, this is a useful combo. It's funny to do failed knee -> UAir -> up+B.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
ok i watched
i am not going to say who's falcon's better but i'll just critic it with logics and let ppl decide i am right or wrong jsut to make it fair

o right i only watched JD(falcon) VS ISSAC (Shiek) on fd for 3:28 one, the first half part only too

1.ur falcon's slow compare to most falcon mains
2.u have no idea how to fight shiek
3.but good thing that the shiek user doesn't fight against falcon too well either so u guys r doing ok
4.the reason why i said that is because ive fought so many shiek in my melee life, my bro mains shiek and i met lots shieks in ucsd and ucla tournys. a good shiek will juggle the **** out of falcon, and for falcon to return the favor is to throw in experienced tech chase and combos.
u followed up with ur throws and atks with random and not working aerials/ side b.

eidt: i just watched the other match of u fighting issac using marth in dream land
u seriously r not making urself look good nor making issac look bad
both of u just showed how unexperience u guys r with melee.
(was that the first itme issac used marth? and ur first time fighting marth? come on marth against falcon is not suppose to be a boring fight if u all know what u r doing)
seriously, if u don't believe my critics, feel free to show the vids to other board members

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
ok i watched
i am not going to say who's falcon's better but i'll just critic it with logics and let ppl decide i am right or wrong jsut to make it fair

o right i only watched JD(falcon) VS ISSAC (Shiek) on fd for 3:28 one, the first half part only too

1.ur falcon's slow compare to most falcon mains
2.u have no idea how to fight shiek
3.but good thing that the shiek user doesn't fight against falcon too well either so u guys r doing ok
4.the reason why i said that is because ive fought so many shiek in my melee life, my bro mains shiek and i met lots shieks in ucsd and ucla tournys. a good shiek will juggle the **** out of falcon, and for falcon to return the favor is to throw in experienced tech chase and combos.
u followed up with ur throws and atks with random and not working aerials/ side b.

eidt: i just watched the other match of u fighting issac using marth in dream land
u seriously r not making urself look good nor making issac look bad
both of u just showed how unexperience u guys r with melee.
(was that the first itme issac used marth? and ur first time fighting marth? come on marth against falcon is not suppose to be a boring fight if u all know what u r doing)
seriously, if u don't believe my critics, feel free to show the vids to other board members
ew i was that marth in the video. my cousin was falcon. since we'll probably never play each other, youll never see my melee skills. and my falcon is slow? your crazy. biased critiquing or whatever the word is.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
plz don't think that falcon's speed = ur speed
falcon's fast becase he's falcon
a player plays fast when they master a char
and i told u
let others judge my critic don't just ignore it because u don't like what u hear
u'll never improve if u always listen to what sounds good to u

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Personally I thought that your Falcon was pretty good but what keeps you from being GREAT with him is that your speed is not quite up to the level of Falcon masters and also your move choices were erratic (Raptor Boost too much in my opinion). But honestly I was pretty impressed. You're not the best but you're certainly very good with Falcon. Good job.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
Personally I thought that your Falcon was pretty good but what keeps you from being GREAT with him is that your speed is not quite up to the level of Falcon masters and also your move choices were erratic (Raptor Boost too much in my opinion). But honestly I was pretty impressed. You're not the best but you're certainly very good with Falcon. Good job.
sigh...
i thoguht at least u have some decent skills with falcon
his falcon doesn't know what he's doing
he throw random dairs at spots that r 50 miles away from the oponent and his opponents don't even punish him for those bad accurrcy moves

at certain part of the video u can even c him can't do short hop 100% and accidently do a full hop nair

seriously, the reason why u think he's good is because he can L cancel,fast fall and those basics
anyone who plays falcon long enough will have fast shffls
shffl fast =/= good

NeoZ

Smash Ace
sigh...
i thoguht at least u have some decent skills with falcon
his falcon doesn't know what he's doing
he throw random dairs at spots that r 50 miles away from the oponent and his opponents don't even punish him for those bad accurrcy moves

at certain part of the video u can even c him can't do short hop 100% and accidently do a full hop nair

seriously, the reason why u think he's good is because he can L cancel,fast fall and those basics
anyone who plays falcon long enough will have fast shffls
shffl fast =/= good
This thing is way off-topic now, so let's talk about how useful/useless non-sweetspot knee to uair is or if there is a better option.
And also since this game can be played online just exchange friend codes and you'll see who's better(I know it's not melee, but since I don't think you'll ever meet just play brawl).

Artillery

Smash Rookie
I just want to bring up, if you notice that Falcon's knee always seems to A) Miss or B) Non-sweetspot when you attempt to hit your opponent after doing a SHFFed u-air/raptor boost/run off a platform, then this might help you.

I have noticed that if I fast fall both before and after doing the knee(as in, you use it, you're extremely close to your enemy, but you still aren't close enough to hit with the hitbox), you will most likely hit them whether you shorthopped or full-hopped your knee. If you seem to be missing from above, fast fall it, keep missing, short hop it. If you miss from below, stop short-hopping/fast falling it. Did atleast one of these combinations work for you? I'm ABSOLUTELY certain that it is the case.

What I'm trying to emphasize, there are different knees for every situation. The reason that people may not hit as often with THE KNEE, but complain about hitting with his forward air(don't even dare call the knee and falcon's fair in the same category, they are too different for that, it's too good for that), is most likely NOT timing(unless you plain out suck at falcon), but lack of correct application for the knee.

Yet there are times when you may want to hit with the fair instead of the knee, there are often different ways to insert both into your strategy. SHFFed spammed fairs MAY let you knock off your opponent and off the edge of, for this example, Battlefield, at which point you can run off the edge yourself and knee them into oblivion, or stomp them with your down air then proceed to recover(NOTE: stomping them will most likely kill you unless you are right next to the ledge[some exceptions]) and tell them to "Show me ya MOVES!" or "COME ON!" :laugh:

Point is, different application of each is important(I have tried SOME of what I mentioned with a decent sucess rate against a HUMAN, not a computer), both knees are to be appreciated for what they can do.

Top Bottom