• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

mixa

Banned via Warnings
ranking is the lowest form of argument

lists are for when you're sick of whatever ur discussing so you just rank ****

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
a list of things i'm sick of for a bunch of different reasons

1. american football's tour
2. fox
3. anything related to gender and sexuality in society (currently, the word "cisnormative")
4. rage comics
5. arbitrary rules in sports (looking at you, soccer)
6. the beat goes on

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if i had any motivation at all i would draw a rage comic of fox berating you for being cishet normative ableist foxist scum hating on honest american footballers just trying to earn an honest wage

but i have no such motivation, so the beat goes on

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
how many ***** do i have to suck before i'm allowed to use the word *******?
is it a set number of ***** or is it like, a cumulative length

you can steal the powers of non-64 players if you suck their *****
this is why m2k is so good

and it explains the melee/brawl communities

Last edited:

Matt Moreno

Smash Rookie
Hello, i am new to the boards. Im in the chicagoland area and would like to get started playing competitively. How can i get started playing in competitions. Im pretty decent now. Me and a buddy play team battle Smash 64.

Vale

Smash Ace
Hello, i am new to the boards. Im in the chicagoland area and would like to get started playing competitively. How can i get started playing in competitions. Im pretty decent now. Me and a buddy play team battle Smash 64.
Here are some options:

Check out the stickied thread "SSB Player Location World Map" and try to get in contact with other players near you.
Find a Smash page on Facebook for your area (either by city/state/region) and find people to practice with there.
If you haven't already, practice basic combo strings in Training mode. The AI won't DI, but it's still decent for players starting to get competitive.
Watch videos of top players for your main.
Set up smash 64 online and play against the people on there.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
So I've been playing lots of smash 4 and no smash 64 this entire month, and Im literally mad again cause I can't play 64 any more ;-; is my brain ********??! wtf can't I play like I used to (3 months ago I was on top of my game) I HATE SMASH 4 I DONT EVEN WANNA TOUCH IT ANY MORE IF IT KEEPS INTERFEREING WITH MY 64 PLAY if I can't fix myself before January, then I'm not gonna go to apex, I got beat today by a no named pikachu NO NAMED and I read all of his attacks and his stupid habits but I couldn't do anything... I used to beat a lot of you guys, I was 3 stocks ahead of kabal once with my samus and then he disconnected mysteriously like 4 months ago, but now I can't even beat a rookie

Vale

Smash Ace
I've been employing my secret strategy of never having been good to avoid issues between games.

edit: i've also found a grand total of 0 smash 64 players at college since the start of the semester. I was hoping there would at least be the people who thought they were gods. all of the tournaments in my area are melee too. kinda sucks. i'm thinking of organizing something myself, though i'm not sure how successful it would be since smash 4 just came out.

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I've been employing my secret strategy of never having been good to avoid issues between games.

edit: i've also found a grand total of 0 smash 64 players at college since the start of the semester. I was hoping there would at least be the people who thought they were gods. all of the tournaments in my area are melee too. kinda sucks. i'm thinking of organizing something myself, though i'm not sure how successful it would be since smash 4 just came out.
I've found one guy who sits next to me in C++ programming who plays Project M pretty seriously but that's about it. Sadly, I live in an area where the tough guys play FPS games and the nerds play LoL/DOTA.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
a list of things i'm sick of for a bunch of different reasons

1. american football's tour
2. fox
3. anything related to gender and sexuality in society (currently, the word "cisnormative")
4. rage comics
5. arbitrary rules in sports (looking at you, soccer)
6. the beat goes on

fox is my trigger word
it reminds me of the time of when i was verbally assaulted by a howling wolf
careful with what you type
you also made fun of my cisgslgbstahilsaltyjohnsimafoxybabysexuality.
i am no gender!1111

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
fox is my trigger word
it reminds me of the time of when i was verbally assaulted by a howling wolf
careful with what you type
you also made fun of my cisgslgbstahilsaltyjohnsimafoxybabysexuality.
i am no gender!1111
nobody knows who you are

Morin0

Smash Lord
I got beat today by a no named pikachu NO NAMED and I read all of his attacks and his stupid habits but I couldn't do anything... I used to beat a lot of you guys, I was 3 stocks ahead of kabal once with my samus and then he disconnected mysteriously like 4 months ago, but now I can't even beat a rookie
Wow. Put your ego away, man. :secretkpop:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
(06:13:33PM) <Frolic | Ducky> don't choose then insta start lol
(06:25:24PM) <Frolic | Ducky> ****ing tryhard alts lol
(06:25:26PM) <Frolic | Ducky> ggs
(06:25:31PM) <Frolic | Ducky> u ruin this game for everyone
(06:25:34PM) <bout.that> i like to play the game?
(06:25:37PM) <Frolic | Ducky> nah u alt

glad to see we're still a great online community

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
(06:13:33PM) <Frolic | Ducky> don't choose then insta start lol
(06:25:24PM) <Frolic | Ducky> ****ing tryhard alts lol
(06:25:26PM) <Frolic | Ducky> ggs
(06:25:31PM) <Frolic | Ducky> u ruin this game for everyone
(06:25:34PM) <bout.that> i like to play the game?
(06:25:37PM) <Frolic | Ducky> nah u alt

glad to see we're still a great online community
LOL man ur gonna make this public, u choose a name i've never seen before rofl.....and say u aren't an alt.......you change chars and insta start not giving me a chance to choose and act like you didn't do anything......But way to be a little ****ing ***** and bring into a public forum....****ing idiot alt eat tons of fast food and get sick..PUNK

and before anyone says oh ducky you have such small PP stop crying bout alts, all games were pretty even i just dislike people who choose random names who clearly play the game....it's a community after all....act like it ****ers....

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
the only thing im guilty of is wanting to play super smash bros. 64 online but you instantly decided that i was a 'tryhard alt' and didn't want to play with me anymore over superficial reasons which really sets me off in terms of the attitude from the online scene

which still sucks and why i dont like playing online in the first place lol

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
the only thing im guilty of is wanting to play super smash bros. 64 online but you instantly decided that i was a 'tryhard alt' and didn't want to play with me anymore over superficial reasons which really sets me off in terms of the attitude from the online scene

which still sucks and why i dont like playing online in the first place lol
Uh what.......dude stop twisting **** for your benefit i got pissy after you insta started upon changing chars cause ya know maybe i wanted to switch as well? that's when i got annyoed tryhard alt was like the last insult i threw....But thanks a ton for making me look like a douche....you petty piece of ****...

also i played u like 8 games then went to go eat dinner lol stfu

Last edited:
Top Bottom