• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
pokesav is a program you use to modify data on real-life cartridges, giving you whatever pokemon you want in your games

pokemon online is a battle simulator program on your computer, separate from any pokemon game - you create a team of lv100s (or whatever) with customisable moves, EVs, IVs, nature and items, then throw down with other people

modern pokesav can often fool hack-checks iirc

Sangoku

Smash Master
Having to train Falcon until he has a uair... That's what is going to happen in the next smash game if it gets RPGish.

At home, I get 8 frames on galaxy (spoofing). At uni I have 6. Is my internet that bad =(. I wonder if I can take my controller at the uni's library...

Is it good? I'll have to do the tests at home to compare I guess.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
That is SO FREAKIN' EPIC

I loooooove the old-style 8-bit music, and the gameboy feel to it.

Man I wish that had an official release back in the day.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Pokemon infuriates me these days.
It's simple. You basically create a team (that is possible to obtain in-game, so no 999 stats), and battle with it with people on servers, kind of like Kaillera. It's not on the actual Pokemon games - it's made solely to battle other people, so you can't do anything else.

If you've never done this, you haven't experienced competitive Pokemon.

And lol @ "these days", this stuff has been around most of the time *rolls eyes*

It shocks me how much some people know about the mechanics of Pokemon and are so ignorant of the competitive scene at the same time. It's like people knowing about wavedashing, l-canceling, teching, etc., and not knowing Melee tournaments exist.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
To be fair, I was never "competitive", since back in the day, GenIII didn't go online. I played a couple of my friends and slaughtered them, but my main goal was to beat that goddamn battle tower.

So yes, I know next to nothing about the competitive scene, and never really bothered because I didn't see it as much of a competitive game, especially when a lot of the game gets left to chance, like turns spent confused, asleep, etc. and the mother****ing critical hits.

There are so many other games that I'd MUCH rather play online against other people. Competitive Pokemon would frustrate me to no end.

And by "these days", I mean that once upon a time, Pokemon didn't infuriate me and I could enjoy it, but now I can no longer enjoy it. There's nothing worse than starting a new game and thinking, "Okay, I'm just gonna play and not worry about IVs, EVs, natures, or whatever!" And then you spend all day trying to catch a Heracross in the Safari Zone and it's got a Modest nature. Then, out of curiosity, you check its IVs online, and find that all of them are in the 0-5 range, and then it's just like, "Man, **** this ****."

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's the thing. If you aren't interested in competitive Pokemon, then why did you bother doing all that competitive stuff? I don't have a problem with either you not being interested or doing that stuff, but it doesn't make sense to me when it's both.

Gen III had NetBattle btw

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Why did I get a warning for copyright violation? I did no such thing! :troll:

edit: I think I'm gonna post less often on the 64 boards :c

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
That's the thing. If you aren't interested in competitive Pokemon, then why did you bother doing all that competitive stuff? I don't have a problem with either you not being interested or doing that stuff, but it doesn't make sense to me when it's both.

Gen III had NetBattle btw
Like I said before, I have this thing where I compulsively ruin the games I enjoy by researching the game mechanics to an extent that I know when I'm at an advantage or disadvantage (happens to be 90% of the time (lol fire emblem)), and even if the advantage/disadvantage really doesn't make much difference (Pokemon main game), just the knowledge of it makes the game irritating to play.

Plus, did you ever try to get the maximum win streak in the Battle Tower? Ridiculously hard, especially if you have no way to use other Pokes outside of the game you're using.

Or maybe, in general, I'm more interested in theory than application?

TANK64

Smash Lord
http://www.ology.com/technology/play-super-smash-land-game-boy-game-never-was

Turns out we're not playing the original smash, we're playing the sequel.
lol yea. I've had the beta since forever. I actually really like it :D. Play with 64 controller on my comp, but yea it's a legit gameboy ROM too. My friend posted this release on my wall like a day or 2 ago , and I'm pretty hype. Haven't played it yet. Looks well made, and with Mega Man- I'm just waiting for Doug!

(wasn't even trippin' about a smash post on my wall, because I was THAT hype)

Battlecow

Play to Win
BT dubs, I am the Greatest of All Time in Super Smash Flash 2. I am accepting all MM's now and forever. Today my Ichigo wiggleshielded my friend's Kaio-Ken Goku side-B into a pummel-trap to ledge canceled fair-fsmash, and finished him with the Battlecow Edgeguard.

Yeah I just made all that up.

Olikus

Smash Champion
J version and NTSC should combine. With the J version hit sounds and the american ping sound it woud be perfect. And the french commentator for captain falcon is allso super funny :p

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
HAMMERHEART was rad. I'd like to know exactly why he was banned. I feel like he's the type that is easily misunderstood, when he's just trying to be funny.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It's often hard to tell whether internet people are funny or insane. Sometimes you don't know they're not joking until they send you pictures of chopped up penises in spaghetti.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I think he's still on server, but americans should confirm.

He was for sure the best poster. By far (sorry nix, you're second).
Oh noes!

Btw i really dont care much about this forum anymore, i rarely see any new interesting topic or maybe is that i have talked it all really, i dont know :)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^ That GIF.lolwut.

Also, my connection at college is lagless.I repeat 0 lag, NONE. I am getting back into this game.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Not really, IMO. It seems like he was trying to get himself banned on purpose for some reason. Like what Near did.

And lol Battlecow it was pretty clear he was trolling.
If by "Trolling" you mean "a ****ing lunatic," then yes. I'd like to point out that he never once made a coherent or rational post, or gave any indication that he was capable of a normal mindset.

DMoogle

A$
Not really, IMO. It seems like he was trying to get himself banned on purpose for some reason. Like what Near did.

And lol Battlecow it was pretty clear he was trolling.
I dunno about Near, but I don't think HAMMERHEART really wanted to be/ thought he would be banned. He did a bunch of crap before those images.

*Shrug* who knows.

Top Bottom