• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
For smash 64, are reverse back airs something that happen out of DI or are they just completely random?

If you answer this, please tag me in your response so I can find it easier, thanks.

Oh, also, how do I change my icons on the bottom where the pikachu face is so I can have multiple ones? Thanks!

Sedda

Smash Champion
@ B Bassic

what do you mean exactly? reverse attacks are just attacks that hit the opponent from the opposite side than originally intended. I do reverse fairs and bairs with fox depending on the kinda knockback that I'm looking for. Sometimes doing a reverse bair sends opponents flying at a more favorable trajectory than a fair, for example.

for the character icons, i believe you can only have one per game and you can change them in your profile

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Sedda. I was watching the Apex 2015 vid with LD Fox and Dext3r and at one point LD was falling back toward the stage but when Dext3r tried bairing him for the edgeguard LD went the opposite direction instead of away from the stage. It almost look liked he did it purposely and DIed in the opposite direction.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
@ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA
Your sig is starting to look cluttered, dude. I like everything in it so it sucks to see any of it get cut out but it's probably in your best interest to make some adjustments I can hardly see the matrix gif in its current state. Just looking out for you :p

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
@ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA
Your sig is starting to look cluttered, dude. I like everything in it so it sucks to see any of it get cut out but it's probably in your best interest to make some adjustments I can hardly see the matrix gif in its current state. Just looking out for you :p
Lol thanks, I matrix Ld is too big @ Kahnu Kahnu can you make a smaller version? But in the mean while it's gonna go

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Thanks Sedda. I was watching the Apex 2015 vid with LD Fox and Dext3r and at one point LD was falling back toward the stage but when Dext3r tried bairing him for the edgeguard LD went the opposite direction instead of away from the stage. It almost look liked he did it purposely and DIed in the opposite direction.
@ B Bassic no amount of di can reverse a hitbox. dexter just screwed up his edgegaurd and used the reverse hitbox by accident. lots of players will purposely use reverse hitboxes to continue combos or for style ( its usually more difficult to hit someone with a reverse hitbox)

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
@ B Bassic no amount of di can reverse a hitbox. dexter just screwed up his edgegaurd and used the reverse hitbox by accident. lots of players will purposely use reverse hitboxes to continue combos or for style ( its usually more difficult to hit someone with a reverse hitbox)
Marbles you're right. I've been re-watching those '15 videos and Dext3r just baired the wrong way. Anyway I know what you're talking about with the purposeful reverse bair because Wizzrobe did it to someone purposely after shield-breaking them and then just down smashing them off the stage. That is some next level techning.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
teachers/security will see me

btw

Just grab the computer and say you're moving it for a teacher if someone questions you. Do this after school hours because during the day everyone knows you have classes. If you act like you're supposed to be there and supposed to be doing it, then people will believe you are. If you are a part of any after school activities, or close with any teachers, this will make your story much more believable when doing impermissible things because people will be used to seeing you in school after hours doing things and will just assume what you're doing is part of what you're supposed to be doing.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Just grab the computer and say you're moving it for a teacher if someone questions you. Do this after school hours because during the day everyone knows you have classes. If you act like you're supposed to be there and supposed to be doing it, then people will believe you are. If you are a part of any after school activities, or close with any teachers, this will make your story much more believable when doing impermissible things because people will be used to seeing you in school after hours doing things and will just assume what you're doing is part of what you're supposed to be doing.
Encouraging to steal a computer?

WHERE ARE THE MODS!?!!1111
*sarcasm*

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
That would hike up the price a bit too much, they probably won't.

edit message 5555 was a pun, yep it's me.

Last edited:

Freon most_dope

Smash Cadet
Hey guys just got it yesterday. I'll be on at around 9:30 eat if anyone can play. I have good connection and will be Freon.
Thanks in advance!

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I've never gotten anyone to play me by asking in the IRC. But if you hang out on Anther's enough you can get some good p2p games in. Also if you just log on to Smash FU or some of those servers and open a game or join one that's waiting you'll probably get a game in right away but it may not be the best latency depending on your/their ping

Maliki

Smash Ace
image.jpg

lol thought this was funny

At Apex I don't remember who but someone said that boomfan did something like this once
I don't know if that's true though

Top Bottom