• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Are you referring to this interpreation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Broglie–Bohm_theory ? Seems like it is not widely accepted as it violates other widely held beliefs about the laws of physics (non local interactions).
its mathematically equivalent but not equivalently accepted => shows how widely stupid most physicists are, they're like a ****ing religion. Also shows why my phd in physics best friend just sent me this:

I'm learning about an infinity in quantum field theory
I'll let you know how bull**** it is
Pretty much bull****. It really is just adding two singularities together to get zero.
Also he just changed his integration limits to avoid a singularity
i warned my friend before about this, i think it was called "renormalization" aka "lets just pretend the math does something else"

Anyway, what you're saying does not contradict my statement at all, unless your claim is that the model you refer to provides better predictions about quantum mechanics.
no the results / predictions are the same, its just that the interpretation is less pathological

In traditional measure theory there are some non measurable sets. Not sure how that invalidates probability. Probability is only defined in terms of measurable sets.
wtf do you mean by traditional, lebesgue is modern bro, traditional would be reimann. is there is a new widely accepted measure theory that people care about? i've been reading ams notices for 6+ years and havent seen anything new
oh wait the rest of the sentence is innacruate like the rest of your post: Almost every set is non measurable; Probability is defined as being the lebesuge measure of a set. The sets with no lebegsgue measure have no probability.

The bertrand paradox doesn't seem very paradoxical to me. Obviously the way you choose something "at random" can affect the probabilities. Even in discrete probability if I choose a number 1-12 by rolling a 12 sided die or by adding two 6 sided dice that will affect the probability of the various outcomes..
no
there is a reason why its called a paradox. your example is moot cause rolling 2 six sided dice does not choose a number 1 - 12.

That's not a defined operation. But by similar argument, would you say you also don't believe in sets? If A is the set of all sets that do not contain themselves, then is A a member of A?
do you believe in unicorns?

What is "real life"? Everything that anyone interprets as "real life" is just a mental model that makes predictions about future observations. "Particles", "Quantum Mechanics", etc included.
real life is the stuff that remains true irregardless of what mathematical axioms you assume.

guess some might argue "well the real numbers aren't applicable at all to the real world (as defined in terms of particles) because in the real world everything is actually discrete"
most physicists would disagree and claim that space is mathematically continuous

None of this indicates to me that any of these concepts are "ridiculous". They are pretty clearly useful to a lot of people. Are you saying you never make decisions by considering probability of various future events?
the concepts are useful, i said that. what is ridiculous is that physicists push the idea that the physics model is what defines the universe, and not vise-versa. you especially see it with the guys on tv going on about finding a perfect unified theory of everything: an equation for the universe. not going to happen if they keep using math that doesnt apply to the real world (like infinity)

Ok. It all depends on your definition of "exists" but saying "numbers are abstract concepts" is fine with me too.

The chair in this room "exists" right? But the chair is made up of a collection of atoms, and only the abstract concept of "chair" joins them together in my mind to form a single object that "exists". Similarly the concept of "one" is a way that my mind can describe my observations (I see "one" chair). And even "atoms" "particles" etc are just abstract concepts that we use to make sense of our observations. Just like "chair", or numbers. Most would probably say that numbers are a more abstract concept since they are applicable to a wider range of situations.
abstract concept of 1
abstract concept of unicorn
same thing
i can sit on a ****ing chair, i cant sit on a ****ing 1 and i cant sit on a ****ing unicorn

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Nothing gives you an excuse for being so ignorant. @Shaya @Venus of the Desert Bloom @Frostwraith @Sudai
Whoever is active can you please deal with this?
yo i really don't give a **** about whatever you guys are talking about

but i've just gotta say

you have undoubtably the worst smashboards tag i've ever seen

idk how one goes about changing his tag

maybe premium or some ****?

but you should really look into that

bc WOW your tag is bad

no offense or anything

just tryna help you out

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Two wrongs don't make a right.
yo i really don't give a **** about whatever you guys are talking about

but i've just gotta say

you have undoubtably the worst smashboards tag i've ever seen

idk how one goes about chaining his tag

maybe premium or some ****?

but you should really look into that

bc WOW your tag is bad

no offense or anything

just tryna help you out
Don't even get what you're trying to say.
I loled, welp, I'm just going to step out. Both sides don't know how to resolve things without insults.
you are a ****ing idiot
See I could stoop down and insult you but you're not worth my insult.
I am wrong for looking through new posts, landing here, and stepping in to something that I had no prior knowledge about. But still, this is just hilarious, I guess flinging insults is acceptable where you're from.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
Gav why do you try to keep convincing people that it is wrong to treat people the way we do to you? Everyone AGREE's with you and yet IT DOESN'T STOP!

Sedda

Smash Champion
What in the ****? Is there something seriously wrong with you? Where are the mods for this thread? I'm disgusted by this.
i dont wanna go around defending karajan logic or anything, but whatever it is that you're disgusted by, nova has done worse. much, much worse.

karajan is just a troll on this forum anyway, but in this case, if anything, he's trying to help nova by pointing out how stupid it is to succumb to troll bait every time.

the fact of the matter is that if you so much as disagree with gav, he's going to call you names you've probably never even heard, and we're just a bit tired of it. this is especially true when he cant handle people bullying him back. it's like throwing a punch and crying about it after getting three punches in return.

for anyone new to this forum who;s ended up here, there are about 4 or 5 people who can make the whole experience really bad for everyone. because of this, we really need a mod to make sure that these dumb arguments dont propagate. i can assure you that, other than those people, this is a really pleasant place to hang out

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I have never bullied anyone on this forum in my life. People like you who spread lies and make up **** is what makes this forum un enjoyable, crybaby.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
I have never bullied anyone on this forum in my life. People like you who spread lies and make up **** is what makes this forum un enjoyable, crybaby.
you just called him a crybaby. while ironic, you just insulting him therefore bullied.

gg crybaby

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
riiight, because i didnt totally treat you like a decent human being for months after you called 99% of the community cancerous or w/e, but then called me out and insulted me when i said you were in the wrong months later. everyone has the same story with you. they say ONE thing that doesnt rub you the right way and you go into psycho mode and attack everyone who might have once tried to establish a connection with you.

im not saying people havent been treating you unfairly, but people dont get treated unfairly by everyone for no reason.

Last edited:

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Guess you guys have your hearts set on wanting to view the entire community as being victims of my "bullying".

Studstill

Smash Ace
****ing SHAME on you Kero.
Damn. How ****ing awesome does writing that sentence feel?
Not ****ing awesome.
Lemme give you some advice, people: Shut the **** up about black people.
Is this clear enough? Maybe I can get it simpler:
Shut the **** up about black people.
I`m going to calm down and write something better or not maybe.
****ing **** Steve.
Can this ****ing post get uncensored? What ****ing sense does it make to censor out **** but not "Black people got da booty, ha ha" **** balls, man.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Not ****ing awesome.
****ing **** Steve.
Can this ****ing post get uncensored? What ****ing sense does it make to censor out **** but not "Black people got da booty, ha ha" **** balls, man.
?

Sedda

Smash Champion
idk what everybody's point of view is. my point of view is that you try to call everyone idiots or oxygen thieves if they disagree with you, but they're not having any of that, so they fired back. now all you do is complain about it while it's easier to find a post of yours that contains an insult than one that doesnt.

i dont care for bullying people or firing back. i dont give a **** about people treating you the way they do anymore, though. you've had it coming, and im tired of acting nice to an asshole like you.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
idk what everybody's point of view is. my point of view is that you try to call everyone idiots or oxygen thieves if they disagree with you, but they're not having any of that, so they fired back. now all you do is complain about it while it's easier to find a post of yours that contains an insult than one that doesnt.

i dont care for bullying people or firing back. i dont give a **** about people treating you the way they do anymore, though. you've had it coming, and im tired of acting nice to an ******* like you.
Oh no, some emo kid I have barely even talked to is gonna be mean to me, ******.

caneut

Smash Ace
im a bully? hate to see what they makes you
How ******** are you? I've told you IM A DESPICABLE BULLY! I an literally a ****-tier human being. That's not going to stop me from harassing you, so the ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS IGNORE ME.

Not ****ing awesome.
****ing **** Steve.
I remember you saying the N word in a skype call we had several times. N word that ends in ER.

Last edited:

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
its mathematically equivalent but not equivalently accepted
You can say this as many times as you want, but that doesn't make it true. Non-determinisitic models of the universe are Lorentz-invaraint, determinisitc models are not. This is a substantial mathematical difference. Your interpretation is naive and flat-out incorrect.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
How ******** are you? I've told you IM A DESPICABLE BULLY! I an literally a ****-tier human being. That's not going to stop me from harassing you, so the ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS IGNORE ME.

I remember you saying the N word in a skype call we had several times. N word that ends in ER.
This is bull****. Of course.

Studstill

Smash Ace
You can say this as many times as you want, but that doesn't make it true. Non-determinisitic models of the universe are Lorentz-invariant, determinisitc models are not. This is a substantial mathematical difference. Your interpretation is naive and flat-out incorrect.
And get ****ing wrecked, Steve. Damn.

caneut

Smash Ace
This is bull****. Of course.
We have a video of you called fireblaster a racial term for which he is related too, then a few days later you were in a skype call and said, "I'm sorry fire when I use racial terms I always make sure it's funny, like calling an asian person a (n word-er)." However, like I said you called Fire a racial term FOR HIS RACE, and I don't see how calling an asain person a N word is funny.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Give a ****. Ok, dude? Give just a little bit of a ****.
ohhhh lol

sorry but i have no interest in getting myself involved in the gav & studstill vs the world debates

i think you would all be a lot better off ignoring each other and it's mind boggling to me that that hasn't happened yet

it's not even like you guys argue about important ****

you argue about arguing

and who's the bigger bully

but you're all mean to each other

none of you are right

tbh you guys look hella dumb for letting this childish cycle go on as long as it as

you guys are adults

this is a video game forum

chill the **** out for like 5 minutes

Top Bottom