• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

malva00

Smash Master
what do you guys think of me having a Q&A at the end of my weekly stream? I could have people e-mail messages to MATTS! and he could give me a list for final review. Then I could answer people's questions through my mic.

Sedda

Smash Champion
VGBootCamp
8 hours ago
All, this is an important, huge, late breaking announcement. To make a long story short, Xanadu and their management team have decided to part ways with the store and pursue other career paths. Because of this, they have offered the Xanadu store to VGBootcamp, which we have accepted. It will now be our store for full use.
This means:
- No more MTG
- We get use of the whole store, including the front so it's less cramped
- Weeklies for 2-3 smash games
- More monthlies
- Less schedule conflicts
- More VGBootcamp streamed weekend events
- More smashfests
- No price changes
- New stuff to flesh out the experience
- New staff to help assist the place
This is a huge deal for us, and honestly, Xanadu has established itself as the PREMIER weekly smash event in the world, and this just helps us bring that full circle.
The immediate change is that we our adding Melee to our weekly schedule on wednesdays (starting 9/10, streamed by VGBootcamp)and we will also be changing the layout of the venue a little bit to be optimized for smash, as that will be the primary focus of the venue. Project M will resume weeklies on tuesdays until Smash 4 is launched, at which point, it will alternate with that (tentative schedule posted for now, it is subject to change after October 11th)
Also, if anyone has any posters, decoratives, or any consoles/tvs they'd like to donate to Xanadu, please let Tant (@TheTantalus) know. We want to make the place look and feel awesome.
Please share this!

why don't you guys ask if you can host some 64 biweeklies or something

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
VGBootCamp
8 hours ago
All, this is an important, huge, late breaking announcement. To make a long story short, Xanadu and their management team have decided to part ways with the store and pursue other career paths. Because of this, they have offered the Xanadu store to VGBootcamp, which we have accepted. It will now be our store for full use.
This means:
- No more MTG
- We get use of the whole store, including the front so it's less cramped
- Weeklies for 2-3 smash games
- More monthlies
- Less schedule conflicts
- More VGBootcamp streamed weekend events
- More smashfests
- No price changes
- New stuff to flesh out the experience
- New staff to help assist the place
This is a huge deal for us, and honestly, Xanadu has established itself as the PREMIER weekly smash event in the world, and this just helps us bring that full circle.
The immediate change is that we our adding Melee to our weekly schedule on wednesdays (starting 9/10, streamed by VGBootcamp)and we will also be changing the layout of the venue a little bit to be optimized for smash, as that will be the primary focus of the venue. Project M will resume weeklies on tuesdays until Smash 4 is launched, at which point, it will alternate with that (tentative schedule posted for now, it is subject to change after October 11th)
Also, if anyone has any posters, decoratives, or any consoles/tvs they'd like to donate to Xanadu, please let Tant (@TheTantalus) know. We want to make the place look and feel awesome.
Please share this!

why don't you guys ask if you can host some 64 biweeklies or something
I'm already on it. One step ahead of you Sedda.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Hello everyone! I'm Afrodude and I'm new to competitive smash 64. I plan on getting into net play starting this week but I'm having a little trouble with setting up controls for my controllers. As soon as that's fixed then I'm ready.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hello everyone! I'm Afrodude and I'm new to competitive smash 64. I plan on getting into net play starting this week but I'm having a little trouble with setting up controls for my controllers. As soon as that's fixed then I'm ready.
did you uncheck a certain thing.

All joking aside, welcome to the community. Not sure why I recognize your tag.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Yo what's up guys!

Tomorrow I start my senior year of high school im mad pumped.

I can't wait to be out of there.

Yo fox is mad fun.
I think with enough dedication and training he can skyrocket to the top of the tier list.

See yah later

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Yo what's up guys!

Tomorrow I start my senior year of high school im mad pumped.

I can't wait to be out of there.

Yo fox is mad fun.
I think with enough dedication and training he can skyrocket to the top of the tier list.

See yah later
no pls dont be a kero

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Not sure why I recognize your tag.
i swear ive played an afrodude online before
Maybe you guys recognize my tag from offline tourneys? I live in NY and attend PM and Brawl tourneys when I get the chance. I've been wanting to go to smash 64 tournies and meet some of the players for a while. I'm looking forward to Apex in January. :^)

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Maybe you guys recognize my tag from offline tourneys? I live in NY and attend PM and Brawl tourneys when I get the chance. I've been wanting to go to smash 64 tournies and meet some of the players for a while. I'm looking forward to Apex in January. :^)
I live in Florida so unlikely. In that case i think someone uses your tag for online idk if they still play tho.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Good vid. I'm getting the hang of the game, though I've lost count of how many times I lost needing only a 64.
I forgive you because of the song.

Needed lucky spawn at 2:12. I saw it
I saw that, damn it having to depend on that ****.

Top Bottom