• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I try to upload Isai and Madrush vs Japan at Bashi's house.
I can watch the video now but I dont know how to save and upload it on youtube...
SOMEONE TELL THIS MAN WHAT TO DO!

hikachu

Smash Rookie
>cobr_evolution

I can watch the past nicovideo's broadcast using the function of Time-sift-watch.
but its function is only premium account. Its registration from overseas is so hard.

But I rethink it's video possess Bashi so I dont save and upload it. sorry:(

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
can you give me the link to the videos? i have a premium account for nicovideo

edit: it might not be premium, i can't actually tell

edit2: unless there's no way for us to rip the video's from bashi's page/broadcast

edit3: i just went to bugmenot and found a username. user: nologin@moncourrier.fr.nf pass: dragonstep

hikachu

Smash Rookie
can you give me the link to the videos? i have a premium account for nicovideo

edit: it might not be premium, i can't actually tell

edit2: unless there's no way for us to rip the video's from bashi's page/broadcast

edit3: i just went to bugmenot and found a username. user: nologin@moncourrier.fr.nf pass: dragonstep

OK.I tell you this URL.
If you have a premium account in nicovideo, you could see this video.

ttp://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv147337155?ref=community

The Japanese title is "分配器のディスクっぽいやつがない。" and "世界一のスマブラ"

-7:59 Isai,his girlfries and Madrush come to Bashi's home and play SSB.

Players:
1p Isai 2p Madrush 3p Bashi 4p Ruoka Dancho

To:Japanese SSB players

生放送の動画をようつべに上げることは、そもそもやり方がわからないし、
フェアではないと思うので絶対にしません。
しかし海外の人たちがめっちゃ動画を見たがっていたので、リンクだけシェアしました。
まあ、海外からはプレミアムアカウントは登録できないor難しいし、そもそもコミュ限なので、
リンクを教えたところでタイムシフト視聴はできないと思いますが。。。^^;
いちスマブラーとして、64スマブラコミュニティーの一層の活性化を祈ります。

Olikus

Smash Champion
I see
Sorry for mistake. I dont get used to English.

>Olikus
At present, It looks like Japanese tournament DOESN'T change the ruleset
I see. But it doesnt take that much more time with top 8 bO3 and final bO5. At least it a small step towards a not so ungorgiving ruleset. You should at least discuss it I think.

And your english is good btw. Im going to tokyo in september. Maybe se could meet and play smash =)

Sangoku

Smash Master
I made a notepad file with instructions for my mother. She managed to open it but didn't know she had to read what was written in the file. Anyone beats that? I'm going crazy.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Clearly not a legit mod

I've been told this like 5 times already and it's only now that you notice it? >__>

As I said Blue Yoshi was still up there even years after he stopped, so I guess this thing isn't well up to date. If you want I can try permabanning you to see if I'm not legit.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I hope you stick around hikachu. We've always been completely cut off from the Japanese community.

Good to finally have some sort of communication link.

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
I just got back from Japan, the tournament and drinking party were a lot of fun. Kikoushi got married Today, the drinking party after kinda served as his bachelor party. CONGRATULATIONS to Kikoushi! He said he is now retired from smash. There were setups to play smash at the drinking party and I met a lot of cool players there. I was able to get a picture of the top 8 bracket as well as the bracket pools for the top 64 players.

Kanto tournament format:

General Rules:
4 Stock, best of 1 except Finals best of 3
No pausing is allowed during a match, if you pause on accident you must forfeit a stock.
Single Elimination
Dreamland only.

Pools:
There is 16 pools and the top 4 advanced from each pool. Pools are chosen at random. The players who advance from their pool draw sticks to decide which single elimination bracket pool they will be in. After the bracket pools are filled there is a lunch break. During lunch some people are able to play friendlies if they hurry but there are no friendlies while tournament matches are being played.

Bracket pools:
After lunch the TO calls the first bracket pools matches to be played. The players choose a setup and select their characters and wait in the stage select hovering over dreamland. Once all the matches are ready to start the TO makes an announcement and the players press start so all the matches begin at the same time. This continues until the top 8 is reached.

Top 8:
Once the top 8 is reached the all the setups are taken down and one setup with a projector is setup at the front of the room. The top 8 bracket is drawn on a whiteboard at the front of the room. The top 8 players then come to the front of the room and draw sticks again. This determines who chooses their place in the bracket first. The players line up in order and then right their name into the bracket choosing their place. After each player chooses, they are handed the microphone and they get to say why they chose the spot they did. This continues until the bracket is completed. Once the bracket is completed the bracket is played out. Before each match each player gets to warm up for about 1 minute in training mode. Some players choose to do a combo and others choose to do tech skill. Before each match the players in that match up again get a chance to say something on the microphone. Once the top 2 are reached the 3rd place match is played first and then grand finals afterwards. After finals trophies were awarded to 1st and 2nd place.

Brackets from Kanto 2013:
Top 8

2013-08-03 16.54.53.jpg

Link to full bracket (top 64, thanks to Mixa for formatting):http://challonge.com/jp13_kanto_64t

Notes on Kanto 2013 (The 8th in the series)
-There were 7 or 8 people in each pool, 125 entrants I think
-The third place match was not played
-Chairs are available for all the players but some choose to sit on the floor
-Pools were done on paper and everything else was on whiteboards
-Isai came to the venue but did not enter, he was not feeling well enough
-Kikoushi and Josuke drew the same bracket pool. They met in the final match of their bracket pool and Josuke won a very close match.
-In the top 8 drawing Ruoka Dancho drew the 7th position and Josuke the 8th so they were the last to choose their positions and because there were no other spots open they were forced to play each other first round and Dancho was eliminated.
-JOSUKE won grand finals in 3 games despite not having slept the night before. He played on the same controller he has been using for 9 YEARS.
-I drowned in pools, but I was not allowed any warmup before my matches, because pools had already begun.
-The tournament started around 11am and ended around 5:30pm
-Pools were ran very efficiently. Every player stayed in their pool area. For the most part players did not play two games in a row during pools. Pool captains called each match.
-Some players did rock-papers-scissors for ports
-I only saw two players use hori mini pads
-A good portion of the players had controllers with removed start buttons.
-Everyone helped clean up and rearrange the room to the way it was before setup.

Drinking Party Notes:
-Cost was 5500 yen to stay until 11pm and another 2000 yen to stay until 6 am. It's very worth it in my opinion, I was able to meet many Japanese players and talk with them about smash. I informed them about keyboard adapters and OC consoles.
-I met a few players from a crew called the Black Rose Allied forces. They had shirts made for their crew and they said there are many crews and they have crew battles occasionally.
-KING FUNK is synonymous with falcon dive
-When I asked any player where they were from they would say either Kansai or Kanto. This is how most players identify their location. Similar to how USA players may say west coast or east coast instead of specific locations. There are a few exceptions such as Josuke who is from the north near Sapporo.
-Yearly tournaments are held in Kanto in August and Kansai in March.
-The Japanese Fox player S informed me that most of the Japanese players know all the frame data for the game and players will study it

Other Japanese Play notes:
-Ports 2 and 4 are used for 1v1
-Taunting is considered rude
-Pause quitting is considered rude
-Japanese rules for 2v2 are 4 stock; Team attack off; not sure about stages
-There are a lot of online players and they generally only play 1 or 2 frames.

I will probably add more to this later

B Link

Smash Lord
Awesome post madrush, add more if you can lol, I'm sure you've learned a bunch of interesting things.
madrush21 said:
Before each match each player gets to warm up for about 1 minute in training mode.
This is a great idea they should've had this at impulse grrr -- damn streamer was so pushy to get our matches done, but I cared too much about the stream instead of winning. Oh well.
madrush21 said:
-I met a few players from a crew called the Black Rose Allied forces. They had shirts made for their crew and they said there are many crews and they have crew battles occasionally.
Damn we need more crews
madrush21 said:
-Josuke won grand finals in 3 games despite not having slept the night before. He played on the same controller he has been using for 9 years.
i don't even

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
i was able to obtain 2 horis both clear blue. One I bought from a player for 350 yen and the other was gifted to me from a samus player named Bata. And I think I will add more later tonight, I learned many things about there smash culture I will share

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
i was able to obtain 2 horis both clear blue. One I bought from a player for 350 yen and the other was gifted to me from a samus player named Bata. And I think I will add more later tonight, I learned many things about there smash culture I will share
rofl you should sell them on ebay for like $60

Adapter finished, just gotta do save and load profiles. Can't test xbox 360 controller cause i am having issues installing the linux driver, but other usb adapters for SNES and N64 and gamecube work. Gonna put it on another system and try xbox360 there, and put directions for how to do it yourself

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
So many samuses

1 DK in one tournament, 2 DK's in the other, only a few Luigis

DK/Luigisucks

Is it possible to give the full results, would like to post this on the tournaments results portion of smashboards in order to show how big their community is.
I guess the link was Seiseki

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Top Bottom