• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
has anyone here ever used Desmume? I've tried to run some games using it, but it's miserable. The frame-rate is 15FPS at best, and it sometimes causes my entire computer to lag incredibly. Does anyone know how to fix this, or if there's a better DS emulator?
I do a lot of emulation, as modding and preserving my library is a hobby of mine. My thoughts on DS emulation are this:

With my limited experience with it, Desmume is kinda meh on its own. It's not super well optimized and requires a powerful PC to run super well: My best recommendations are to try running native resolutions in windowed mode and see if that helps. Tweaking audio and video plugins can go a long way as well.

My honest recommendation? Get your hands on some bios files and run them through RetroArch's Desmume core, or better yet, try the MelonDS core on RetroArch. MelonDS is an up and coming DS emulator that aims for better hardware accuracy. You will need DS bios files to run it, though, so keep that in mind.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really want to play Mother 3, but I do not understand Japanese. May all of you please give advice?

If you don’t mind emulating, it’s pretty easy to find a rom and the fan translation patch. If you can’t find either, send me a private message.

To patch Mother 3 with the English fan translation, use Lunar IPS, a patching tool.

D

Deleted member

If you don’t mind emulating, it’s pretty easy to find a rom and the fan translation patch. If you can’t find either, send me a private message.

To patch Mother 3 with the English fan translation, use Lunar IPS, a patching tool.
I may as well do this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I kinda want to get into Team Fortress 2, but I feel as if it's way too late for that.
IMO, it's never too late to get into TF2. The community is still alive and kicking.

The only potential obstacle in your way right now is the abundance of bots plaguing Valve-provided casual servers.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I decided to look at the Fanfiction account that I used basically for two incomplete stories and looked at their stats.

Why are people still viewing the two stories I wrote but never finished in 2017 and 2018 respectfully?!

Edit: Maybe I'll give them a second chance of livelihood

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They changed it to make it F2P right?
If so, I might check it out.
As someone who has played since 2012, be wary. Bots are infesting Casual Servers to the point where it makes the game somewhat unplayable. That said, if you see a Sniper wearing what appears to be two pieces of headwear (or someone with "bot" or "iirc" in their name (there's more to the second quotation mark phrase, but I'm not giving that group any attention here)) then call a vote to kick them)

If you need some assistance, let me know and I'll try my best to be helpful.

Shroob

Sup?
Huh, and here I was thinking the game was dead because of the bot issue.

Alright, I'll stay alert when I do get around to it.
TF2 is like a zombie.

Until VALVe puts the bullet in its skull, it just won't die.

The community is stupidly alive and big TF2 Youtubers still rake in hundreds of thousands of views on their videos.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They changed it to make it F2P right?
If so, I might check it out.
Yep, doesn't cost a dime.

That said some forms of chat (including voicechat) aren't available without buying a very minor premium upgrade, I think. t's a measure the devs took to keep bots (largely F2P accounts themselves) from being too problematic.

Like, I really want to recommend the game, I really do. It's one of my all-time favorites.

But casual servers are going through a very rough time right now. The bots are...not a nice thing.

But community-hosted servers seem to be safe, and if you're on a team with sensible people, bots in casual servers usually get kicked very quickly once spotted. And believe me when I say they're easy to pick out among a server of legitimate, human player. SneakyLink said it well.

Aside from that ongoing issue, the actual game itself is a blast. It's my most played game on Steam for a reason.

Shroob

Sup?
Yep, doesn't cost a dime.

That said some forms of chat (including voicechat) aren't available without buying a very minor premium upgrade, I think. t's a measure the devs took to keep bots (largely F2P accounts themselves) from being too problematic.

Like, I really want to recommend the game, I really do. It's one of my all-time favorites.

But casual servers are going through a very rough time right now. The bots are...not a nice thing.

But community-hosted servers seem to be safe, and if you're on a team with sensible people, bots in casual servers usually get kicked very quickly once spotted. And believe me when I say they're easy to pick out among a server of legitimate, human player. SneakyLink said it well.

Aside from that ongoing issue, the actual game itself is a blast. It's my most played game on Steam for a reason.
Psst

Psst

Spins

NICE SHOT, MATE!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
TF2 is like a zombie.

Until VALVe puts the bullet in its skull, it just won't die.

The community is stupidly alive and big TF2 Youtubers still rake in hundreds of thousands of views on their videos.
Psst

Psst

Spins

NICE SHOT, MATE!
I hear what you're saying, but, hear me out on this one:

I AM THE DEFENSE!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Psst

Psst

Spins

NICE SHOT, MATE!
Suddenly, I have nightmares from yesterday, where a bot stole my Steam name. And when another bot sniped me as a Invis Spy.

Ah well, at least community servers are safe. And MvM, but that's full of people who rage at ya for breathing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Trying to explain to some people why "attack helicopter" jokes are offensive, but they don't get it.

Someone said:

"Just because it has negative connotations does not mean it can't be used in a manner where there are no negatives being directed at anyone"

I tend to suck at arguing, so is there any way I can win the argument?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Trying to explain to some people why "attack helicopter" jokes are offensive, but they don't get it.

Someone said:

"Just because it has negative connotations does not mean it can't be used in a manner where there are no negatives being directed at anyone"

I tend to suck at arguing, so is there any way I can win the argument?
Tell him that the joke's orgin is rooted in transphobia, and there's no way one can possibly remove it when the punchline is just transphobia, because otherwise, it doesn't make sense, and is not a good joke (not like it was good to begin with)

Also, people still making attack helicopter jokes in 2020? Been in a coma since 2016?

Last edited:

Sqrs

Smash Cadet
Ok, card games are pretty fun tbh. Being strategic is just fun in general which is why I played yugioh and a bit of pokemon tcg. Never played magic but I heard its good

D

Deleted member

Ok, card games are pretty fun tbh. Being strategic is just fun in general which is why I played yugioh and a bit of pokemon tcg. Never played magic but I heard its good
MTG is fine if you’re willing to spend a ****ton of money of decks...over...and over.. as the sets rotate. I just play Commander.

I also have an affinity for Bushiroad’s card games, which I tend to call the “obscure trio” sometimes lol
Buddyfight(currently dead) Vanguard(easily one of the best card games out there) and Weiss Schwarz(Anime Smash Bros+card games)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Heyo, Z25 Z25 , have you caught the latest episodes of Amphibia and The Owl House?

I watched the former just yesterday and caught the latter last weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed both, and I feel that Amphibia's mid-season finale was a serious hype game changer. The show's vastly different from how it started out, and I mean that in a good way.
I did watch both:

Marcy was such a great character and a complete curveball. We were told she motivated Anne to steal the box but maybe she was actually being manipulated by Sasha at the time. Unless the theory that Marcy actually had heard rumors of the boxes powers ends up being true, then it would make sense.

Either way she was a great addition to the show and I can’t wait to see what they do with her. The king also setting them up looks promising too.Really excited they got Keith David to voice him.

As for the Owl House:
That was a fun calm before the storm episode. The hints we got of Edea’s past are sure to be explored next week based on the promo art and I’m curious as to her backstory if we learn most of it next week. As for the main plot, Amity really has come a long way this season and I love her character arc. Willow also gaining popularity and confidence because Amity changed and helped heal her scars was also a nice dynamic twist. It also explains her confidence in the promos we saw earlier this year for the second half. So seeing her newfound strength Whenever they fight in the emperors palace should be good. Luz also gaining access to the fire glyph really Opens up the path for how she can learn more spells. So I’m sure that’s going to big Going forward.

Both shows are really picking up and I can’t wait to see where they go with the rest of their seasons.

D

Deleted member

Good but

Hoo boy expensive.
Amen to that.

However, if you know what you’re doing(or you’re playing Vanguard) you can get away with under $100 for a deck, all the way down to $5 for a half-decent deck. I do it all the time :p

Pretty much all cards in VG never go above $20(and the few times it does it’s almost always the single VR) so for budget players VG is like heaven. I can’t recommend it enough!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Amen to that.

However, if you know what you’re doing(or you’re playing Vanguard) you can get away with under $100 for a deck, all the way down to $5 for a half-decent deck. I do it all the time :p

Most stuff in VG never goes above $20(and it’s almost always the single VR) so for budget players VG is like heaven. I can’t recommend it enough!
Even commander is expensive now.

Between Jumpstart being short supplied due to Covid, and people being generally unhappy with WotC as of late, more and more people have jumped to Commander, meaning the prices skyrocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom