• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzi

Smash Cadet
I mean we got Banjo and Kazooie in the 360 version of All-Stars Racing, that was pretty unexpected. But yeah, I get it. Sega crossovers do feel incomplete, especially because they only have a couple of big IPs, and a lot of their more underappreciated or niche IPs get neglected, even in situations like this.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
ay I’m a ***** and I want the Sinister Six to **** the **** off until we get MCU Spider-Man film #6. It just feels like the right thing to do
A Sinister Six line-up could be doable, especially if (Spider-Man Far From Home spoilers)
Mysterio faked his death.

They've already introduced the Vulture, the Shocker, Scorpion, Mysterio, and kind-of-sort-of the Chameleon (at least, I'm assuming that's who Dimitri from Far From Home was meant to be). Throw in Doc Ock, and it's a decent line-up, though they'd probably need to take a movie to turn Scorpion into an actual super-villain rather than just a criminal. (though I'm not sure how well the Vulture would work together with the others, or if Dimitri was picked as a generic Russian-sounding name as opposed to being a reference to the Chameleon - SHIELD's already introduced technology in the MCU that it seems like the Chameleon would use)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I almost forgot that game existed. Didn’t they also add Longclaw and movie Sonic?

That’s what they get for not adding Blaze.
Yup.

They also added Longclaw and Movie Sonic to Dash.

Hopefully Tikal comes to that game soon too.

D

Deleted member

Welp, here’s a thingy I did for someone. If y’all have any thoughts or advice I’d love to hear ‘em.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I mean we got Banjo and Kazooie in the 360 version of All-Stars Racing, that was pretty unexpected. But yeah, I get it. Sega crossovers do feel incomplete, especially because they only have a couple of big IPs, and a lot of their more underappreciated or niche IPs get neglected, even in situations like this.
it's not really a lack of more niche ips as it is some ips simply being, well, missing

for example

nights, space channel 5, alex kidd, skies of arcadia, etc...were in the all-stars games and really should have been in heroes

and streets of rage, phantasy star, valkyria chronicles, yakuza, etc....were in heroes and really should have been in the all-stars games

and then we just never got virtual-on in any of them:crying:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Meanwhile I’m not helping the situation in rooting for more of that with my ideas for a new dedicated Sonic fighting game (with a few guests in mind).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also has there been any news regarding that arms fighter lately?
It was announced just an hour ago - Biff, the commentator, is playable in Smash. (he was in that character line-up, after all!)

...I'm just kidding - nothing has been revealed yet. We might get something next week, but there's no way of knowing.

D

Deleted member

Zinith Zinith recently I've seen a lot of lizards around some roads while walking to some places.

Next time I find one I will try to take a picture for you!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Was looking through my PS4 library tonight to get my next two games in. Came across remembering probably the most under pushed game by Ubisoft. Child of Light.

Child_of_Light_art.jpg

The fact that a Western developer like Ubisoft created a Turn-Based RPG is still pretty crazy. Even crazier is that the game was excellent (music, story and art direction especially) proof that Ubisoft shined best when they used their Ubi-Art Engine. You know, like with a certain two Rayman games.

If only they could make more games using that engine. Unfortunately its rotting away which is a bloody shame from them, despite me being excited for Vallhalla.

I want more Ubi-Art games like a new Rayman and something like Child of Light again.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
that is not in fact sega heroes because sega heroes is dead

speaking of

at this point i think sega crossovers are cursed to always feel incomplete

there's series that appeared in the all-stars games that really should have been in heroes and vice versa

and then there were some cool ones that were in neither
And then you have project x zone which oversaturates the roster with Sakura wars characters.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was thinking about playing Project X Zone but idk
It's only worth playing if your already a fan of the franchises involved.

Like Project X zone 2 is more appealing to me because I've played more of the games on that roster than games in the first games roster.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I might give it a shot at some point I guess.
For reference, series off the top of my head that are in the first game that aren't in the second:

Shining force
Rival schools
Super Robot Wars
Valkiria Chronicles
Die hard the videogame
Fighting Vipers
Megaman Legends

In the second game that aren't in the first

Xenoblade Chronicles
Ace Attorney
Shenmue
Yakuza
Fire Emblem
Summon night
Strider
Shinobi

Franchises shared between both:

Street fighter
Megaman X
Resident Evil
Darkstalkers
Devil May Cry
Sakura wars
Virtua fighter
Resonance of fate
Tekken
Tales of
Adventure of the Valkirie
.Hack
God eater

And finally the OC characters.

Last edited:

Bonzi

Smash Cadet
For reference, series off the top of my head that are in the first game that aren't in the second:

Shining force
Rival schools
Super Robot Wars
Valkiria Chronicles
Die hard the videogame
Fighting Vipers
Megaman Legends

In the second game that aren't in the first

Xenoblade Chronicles
Ace Attorney
Shenmue
Yakuza
Fire Emblem
Summon night
Strider
Shinobi

Franchises shared between both:

Street fighter
Megaman X
Resident Evil
Darkstalkers
Devil May Cry
Sakura wars
Virtua fighter
Resonance of fate
Tekken
Tales of
Adventure of the Valkirie
.Hack
God eater

And finally the OC characters.
Damn, sounds kinda cool. Might start playing it after I graduate.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's only worth playing if your already a fan of the franchises involved.

Like Project X zone 2 is more appealing to me because I've played more of the games on that roster than games in the first games roster.
I disagree on that. If anything its a good "way point" to get interested in other games.

Before PXZ 1 came out back in 2013, I only played about three series between them all (Mega Man, Street Fighter and Tekken) but man it got my horizon growing like mad.

Fast forward to 2020. About 16 more of the series/games featured in 1 and 2. So it definitely helped.

Some now rank among my favourite games (Yakuza and Tales), some I enjoyed (Virtua Fighter, Devil May Cry, Valkyria Chronicles, Soul Calibur etc) and some I felt were disappointing (Shining, God Eater, Resonance of Fate).
And a few like Sakura Wars and Darkstalkers I'm still curious for.

So honestly I think to yourself Bonzi Bonzi I would pick it up as a wayfinder sort of game as I did about 7 years ago when I got the first game at launch.

That was a bit lengthy but you catch my view of it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Welp, here’s a thingy I did for someone. If y’all have any thoughts or advice I’d love to hear ‘em.
I cannot really gave an advice, but what I can say is that: It looks smooth as heck. :) Amazing work, Taylor!

Bonzi

Smash Cadet
I disagree on that. If anything its a good "way point" to get interested in other games.

Before PXZ 1 came out back in 2013, I only played about three series between them all (Mega Man, Street Fighter and Tekken) but man it got my horizon growing like mad.

Fast forward to 2020. About 16 more of the series/games featured in 1 and 2. So it definitely helped.

Some now rank among my favourite games (Yakuza and Tales), some I enjoyed (Virtua Fighter, Devil May Cry, Valkyria Chronicles, Soul Calibur etc) and some I felt were disappointing (Shining, God Eater, Resonance of Fate).
And a few like Sakura Wars and Darkstalkers I'm still curious for.

So honestly I think to yourself Bonzi Bonzi I would pick it up as a wayfinder sort of game as I did about 7 years ago when I got the first game at launch.

That was a bit lengthy but you catch my view of it.
I might not be able to pick it up in quite that same way since I'm already a fan of most of the franchises involved, I'm just kinda in it for the potential fanservice as well as the gameplay if that's any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom