• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Late night Snake Prompt. Nintendo adds either Game Boy/Color, Game Boy Advanced, Nintendo 64, or GameCube to NSO. Which one do you pick and what 20 games does it launch with.

Feel free to do more then one, just make sure you indicate which one you’re selecting as your answer to the first question.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Late night Snake Prompt. Nintendo adds either Game Boy/Color, Game Boy Advanced, Nintendo 64, or GameCube to NSO. Which one do you pick and what 20 games does it launch with.

Feel free to do more then one, just make sure you indicate which one you’re selecting as your answer to the first question.
Melee
Sunshine
Double Dash
Wind Waker
...and the rest of the games

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

GameCube
1. Kirby Air Ride
2. Luigi's Mansion
3. Mario Sunshine
4. Mario Party 4
5. Mario Party 5
6. Mario Party 6
7. Mario Party 7
8. Wario World
9. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
10. Wind Waker
11. Twilight Princess
12. Animal Crossing
13. Pikmin 1
14. Pikmin 2
15. F-ZERO GX
16. Eternal Darkness
17. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
18. Custom Robo
19. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
20. Killer7

Shroob

Sup?

Easily Gamecube.

Either Sunshine or Wind Waker.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
How to see real dinosaurs:
1. Travel 65 million light years away from Earth
2. Look at Earth through a telescope
3. Witness dinosaurs
(I aciddently posted this in Newcomer Speculation.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How to see real dinosaurs:
1. Travel 65 million light years away from Earth
2. Look at Earth through a telescope
3. Witness dinosaurs
(I aciddently posted this in Newcomer Speculation.)
Or have an madman find the secret to extracting fossilized DNA, cloning thousands of prehistoric animals which includes dinosaurs and unleashes them on the world upon using an advanced EMP (Advanced enough that weapons like tanks, guns and such can no longer be used) that has reverted humanity back to the Stone Age.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Or have an madman find the secret to extracting fossilized DNA, cloning thousands of prehistoric animals which includes dinosaurs and unleashes them on the world upon using an advanced EMP (Advanced enough that weapons like tanks, guns and such can no longer be used) that has reverted humanity back to the Stone Age. :smirk:
Calm down Goldblum

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Hmm, one of those systems has never been rereleased digitally. I wonder which one everyone will pick :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Calm down Goldblum
Don't mind me. This is from my ideal novel trilogy Prehistoric Apocalypse.

I honestly like the idea of prehistoric carnivorous animals collapsing society as we've seen with something like zombies, Reign of Fire dragons or Quiet Place monsters and such. What cooler way to go out then by prehistoric animals especially dinosaurs! :grin:

Eat your heart out Thanos. Whose the insane one now? :smirk:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
briancolorsa1.png

There, I finally finished it. Special thanks to the users Landmine36 and calfromkansas for the assets.

The colors are based upon his cape and belt specifically. Each costume has a unique brooch, recreated to look more applicable to the sprite from the official item sprites.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I think with this question your just asking me to list of my favorite games because that's all I'd be answering with lol

This is sometimes accurate:
View attachment 272750
What I'll always treasure about the early Mario RPG's is how they handles the world building in Mario's world. It actually got me to CARE about Mario as a franchise and as a group of characters.

It all felt connected, in Paper Mario 64 you explore the Mushroom kingdom in more depth than you've ever had in any Mario game, and you see that Yoshi's island is just off the coast of the Mushroom kingdom.

And in both Superstar Saga and Thousand year door you got a glimpse at the world just outside of the borders of the Mushroom kingdom, with the island nation that Rogueport is in, and the kingdom right next door to Mario's home country, the bean bean kingdom.

The modern Mario games just don't feel as alive as these games do and that makes me really sad.

It's 2:30 am and I don't know why I'm still up and rambling about this.

D

Deleted member

I’m alone in this thread and my sleep schedule has never been more compromised

cool man mental breakdowns can be fun once you accept them
I don't know, I wish I didn't have these many mental breakdowns because each day I hate myself even more even when I do nothing worthwhile.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I don't know, I wish I didn't have these many mental breakdowns because each day I hate myself even more even when I do nothing worthwhile.
I’m sorry to hear that

it was some dark humor on my part relating to my own mental troubles right now and I’m sorry if it affected you in any negative way

remember buddy our minds are like antique beautiful 70s cars they can run smooth as silk for years and years but once they start sputtering and struggling it takes a herculean amount of work to get them running gains but the important part is it’s worth it to get the beautiful baby purring.

I blame my insomnia if that was gibberish the gist is while we might be struggling now we are all worth fixing

and while typing that made me feel like a hippy I believe in it so I’ll just send it out into the cold ether of smash boards

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Afternoon people.

So explain to me this.

Why the hell, for the second time in a few days, did I have a dream in which I was stuck in a subway metro system...... In a city that doesn't have one.

First Liverpool, now Dublin. This has to be some crazed sign.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I haven't started work at 8am in a while. Today is a new day, and a day of returning to the normal schedule, at least somewhat.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Afternoon people.

So explain to me this.

Why the hell, for the second time in a few days, did I have a dream in which I was stuck in a subway metro system...... In a city that doesn't have one.

First Liverpool, now Dublin. This has to be some crazed sign.
...maybe Igor is trying to get to you for a special year long adventure

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I feel like most people would pick the Gamecube (since it's the only one that hasn't been available digitally, and because people would want Melee on modern consoles until they find out that the Switch has an insignificantly small amount of lag and go back to exclusively using CRT TVs), but I'll try a list for all of them, assuming that only the companies that have been involved in the NES and SNES online apps would take part. (so no Rare games, as much as I'd love to see them on an N64 Online app, and no Square-Enix games)

Game Boy (Color):
-Pokemon Red
-Pokemon Blue
-Super Mario Land
-Wario Land 2
-Kirby's Dream Land
-Kirby's Dream Land 2
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
-Metroid 2: The Return of Samus
-Gargoyle's Quest
-Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
-Mole Mania
-Donkey Kong
-Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
-Donkey Kong Land
-Kid Dracula
-Dr. Mario (presumably, I can't put Tetris on here, so this is the next best thing)
-Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge
-Mega Man Xtreme
-Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
-Balloon Kid

Game Boy Advance:
-Mother 3 (in English)
-Super Mario Advance
-Sonic Advance (Vice: Project Doom, on the NES Online app, is a Sega game - it counts!)
-Sonic Battle
-Pokemon Emerald
-River City Ransom EX
-Final Fight One
-The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
-Mega Man Battle Network
-Mega Man Zero
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
-Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
-Wario Land 4
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
-Metroid Fusion
-Advance Wars
-Fire Emblem
-Mario Kart: Super Circuit
-Golden Sun
-Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland

Nintendo 64:
-Super Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
-Kirby 64
-Super Smash Bros.
-Donkey Kong 64 (the DKC games might not be on the SNES app, but it's still a Nintendo owned game that got digital releases, so I'd say it counts)
-Mario Party 2
-Mario Tennis
-Mario Golf
-Star Fox 64
-1080 Snowboarding
-Wave Race
-Excitebike 64
-Pokemon Stadium
-Dr. Mario 64
-Pokemon Puzzle League
-Bomberman 64
-Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon
-Paper Mario

Gamecube:
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Kirby Air Ride
-Custom Robo
-Star Fox Assault
-Wave Race: Blue Storm
-Pikmin
-F-Zero GX
-Soul Calibur 2
-Metroid Prime
-Mario Party 4
-Pac-Man Versus
-WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgames
-Capcom vs. SNK 2 (both companies have games on the NES Online app)
-The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
-Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
-Tales of Symphonia
-Sonic Adventure 2

Mind you, a hypothetical online app would probably start with half of these, at best, and it almost definitely wouldn't be so heavy on RPGs. Also, I tried to pick games with multiplayer focus when I could, rather than the best of the best on the systems.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like most people would pick the Gamecube (since it's the only one that hasn't been available digitally, and because people would want Melee on modern consoles until they find out that the Switch has an insignificantly small amount of lag and go back to exclusively using CRT TVs), but I'll try a list for all of them, assuming that only the companies that have been involved in the NES and SNES online apps would take part. (so no Rare games, as much as I'd love to see them on an N64 Online app, and no Square-Enix games)

Game Boy (Color):
-Pokemon Red
-Pokemon Blue
-Super Mario Land
-Wario Land 2
-Kirby's Dream Land
-Kirby's Dream Land 2
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
-Metroid 2: The Return of Samus
-Gargoyle's Quest
-Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
-Mole Mania
-Donkey Kong
-Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
-Donkey Kong Land
-Kid Dracula
-Dr. Mario (presumably, I can't put Tetris on here, so this is the next best thing)
-Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge
-Mega Man Xtreme
-Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
-Balloon Kid

Game Boy Advance:
-Mother 3 (in English)
-Super Mario Advance
-Sonic Advance (Vice: Project Doom, on the NES Online app, is a Sega game - it counts!)
-Sonic Battle
-Pokemon Emerald
-River City Ransom EX
-Final Fight One
-The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
-Mega Man Battle Network
-Mega Man Zero
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
-Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
-Wario Land 4
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
-Metroid Fusion
-Advance Wars
-Fire Emblem
-Mario Kart: Super Circuit
-Golden Sun
-Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland

Nintendo 64:
-Super Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
-Kirby 64
-Super Smash Bros.
-Donkey Kong 64 (the DKC games might not be on the SNES app, but it's still a Nintendo owned game that got digital releases, so I'd say it counts)
-Mario Party 2
-Mario Tennis
-Mario Golf
-Star Fox 64
-1080 Snowboarding
-Wave Race
-Excitebike 64
-Pokemon Stadium
-Dr. Mario 64
-Pokemon Puzzle League
-Bomberman 64
-Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon
-Paper Mario

Gamecube:
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Luigi's Mansion
-Super Mario Sunshine
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Kirby Air Ride
-Custom Robo
-Star Fox Assault
-Wave Race: Blue Storm
-Pikmin
-F-Zero GX
-Soul Calibur 2
-Metroid Prime
-Mario Party 4
-Pac-Man Versus
-WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgames
-Capcom vs. SNK 2 (both companies have games on the NES Online app)
-The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
-Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
-Tales of Symphonia
-Sonic Adventure 2

Mind you, a hypothetical online app would probably start with half of these, at best, and it almost definitely wouldn't be so heavy on RPGs. Also, I tried to pick games with multiplayer focus when I could, rather than the best of the best on the systems.
NES and SNES both started with 20. That's where I got the number from.

Would be amazing if we got Rare games. What if the reason they haven't added DKC to SNES yet is because they're waiting till they get N64 Online working so they can add a bunch of Rare games in a dedicated update! That's probably just wishful thinking (though I do hope they fudge it a little bit if they do and use the Xbox versions of the Banjo games just because of the added save features and stop n swap implementation).

If Tetris was gonna be on any of these apps, it would be Game Boy. So lets hope that more companies get involved later on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, someone modded a character from the original Animal Crossing into New Horizons.

I really wanna learn how to make textures so I can get together with a modder, and we can make a buncha New Horizons mods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Less then an week to go until June.

Also today is an boring rainy day. Expect to see me here all day despite maybe not posting much.

But on the bright side. My brother and I are gonna go down to my local wal-mart to see if there's an copy of Maneater and money for my PSN for the Aftermath Pack (Might even get ARMS perhaps). This is an means of practicing for the first time when going to an public place.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Less then an week to go until June.

Also today is an boring rainy day. Expect to see me here all day despite maybe not posting much.

But on the bright side. My brother and I are gonna go down to my local wal-mart to see if there's an copy of Maneater and money for my PSN for the Aftermath Pack (Might even get ARMS perhaps). This is an means of practicing for the first time when going to an public place.
As soon as June starts twitter is gonna be flooded with "WHERE'S ARMS!?!?".

Would be funny if it happened on June 1st. Not very likely, but it feels like a Sakurai thing to do.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
NES and SNES both started with 20. That's where I got the number from.

Would be amazing if we got Rare games. What if the reason they haven't added DKC to SNES yet is because they're waiting till they get N64 Online working so they can add a bunch of Rare games in a dedicated update! That's probably just wishful thinking (though I do hope they fudge it a little bit if they do and use the Xbox versions of the Banjo games just because of the added save features and stop n swap implementation).

If Tetris was gonna be on any of these apps, it would be Game Boy. So lets hope that more companies get involved later on.
I'd love it if we got Rare Replay on the Switch with five extra games (DKC 1-3, DK64, Diddy Kong Racing) for Rare's 35th anniversary, and that's why they haven't been added to the SNES Online app yet, but I figure that's never going to happen. (though I definitely wouldn't say no to Rare Replay on the Switch in some form)

If we don't have DKC games on the SNES app because they're adding a bunch of Rare games to the N64 app if/when that comes out, I'd be excited about that.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I'm swapping one of my shifts with a coworker as he needed to do something on that day.

To show me his gratitude he got me a copy of Ori and the Will of the Wisp

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I wish it would stop raining where I live. It’s making this situation even more depressing

also lets ignore the fact that I’ve been mia for nearly three months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom