• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is it me or am I seeing a few new people to this thread?

Rather people I haven't seen since I joined the forums?
Haven't met you yet, I'm Akakomuma. Recently came back after a hiatus, can call me Akako for short.

As for why I'm here, it was to warn someone about a certain Daisy fanatic stalker but figured I might as well enjoy my time around here since quarantine is boring. :p

D

Deleted member

Hey. I’m always gonna be salty about Byleth. Even if I don’t actively give it much thought day to day. But I can’t even look at the character without getting at least a little mad.
I kinda just blocked the character out. I've actually forgotten the character's name twice in the past month lol.

Then again most newcomers haven't appealed to me in this game. Hoping for Geno, Waluigi, Rowlet, or even some female character that isn't blonde blue eyes.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey. I’m always gonna be salty about Byleth. Even if I don’t actively give it much thought day to day. But I can’t even look at the character without getting at least a little mad.
Hey, it's not Sakurai's fault. Blame Nintendo for overusing Fire Emblem getting another rep while Kirby and Zelda get none.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Try and tell that to the folks who are still b***hing about Byleth, 4 months straight.
I've seen people who are still complaining about the Smash Ballot being rigged and/or an excuse to include Bayonetta, and that was over four years ago.

Heck, I'm sure that there are some people out there who are still upset that Snake was included in Brawl since he's "out of place" and/or he opened the door to third party characters being included. People like to complain.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah but let's face it, you ******* about it for all of the US when he got announced.
I like ya Snake but that was a moment where you were a little off it.

i don't know about the others but i joined yesterday
Cool to see another guy here hoping to become a regular.
Also cool to see a guy from Portugal. I'm from Ireland. So I gotta ask.
You from the mainland or the islands of it?

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Yeah but let's face it, you ******* about it for all of the US when he got announced.

oh i'm from the mainland

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Do not start up another Byleth argument/"FE bias argument"/"Sakurai Bias" argument please. It's been done to death at this point.

Note: this isn't aimed at anyone in particular

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm fine with Byleth. I became cool with her when we saw her moveset. She's varied and feels like a female Link concerning projectiles and also has the slowness yet KO power of a heavy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like ya Snake but that was a moment where you were a little off it.

And since then I have been much more heavily medicated.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Does anyone even main Meta Knight anymore? There's like 0 mains online.
MK is a very volatile mid tier in Ultimate. After his major nerfs and becoming more irrelevant, people are dropping him for a better character.

I personally used him as an alt for a bit in Smash 4, but I would never consider using him in Ultimate because he doesn't fit my playstyle and I'm just not interested in him anymore.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
you know what, i've been thinking

they REALLY need to bring back sega all-stars racing, those games were one hell of a good time

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If any game needs an revival or sequel its definitely War of the Monsters.

So many ideal monsters referencing 50s, 60s or other movie monsters along, not to mention how amazing the graphics would be in HD. For its time when it came out, War of the Monsters graphics were amazing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm okay with Byleth. They're decently fun, if a bit too far on the slow and defensive side for my taste.

I'm an FE/Three Houses fan but I totally understand the criticism Fire Emblem gets on the roster. I personally don't mind it, but I can still see where people are coming from. I just ask that people are polite about it and don't throw a fit over it.
Does anyone even main Meta Knight anymore? There's like 0 mains online.
They guy has great mobility, a small hurt box and decent combos, so you'd think he'd be pretty good.

But man, he just can't kill in this game for some reason. He's kind of like Sheik in this game, although I think Sheik mains a handful of good kill confirms to work with.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
you know what, i've been thinking

they REALLY need to bring back sega all-stars racing, those games were one hell of a good time
It would be the perfect addition to this series of revivals Sega is trying to do with it's IP's.

We've got enough Sega series that weren't represented in the first two to make some newcomers, like Axel, Majima, Sakura, the Phantom thieves and Welkin

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idea. A Puyo Puyo Tetris pack of DLC. Arle Nadja with Tee as her echo fighter. Arle with specials involving manipulation of Puyos, and Tee with specials manipulating Tetraminos. The stage is a combination Puyo Puyo and Tetris based stage, switching between the two as happens in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Dutch Raikuna

Quiet night on here.

So guys as mentioned earlier with the two new regulars to the thread, gotta ask who was the last person to be at that?

I can't remember for some reason.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, that's been a problem for years now. They keep announcing movies when no work has actually been done on them, and nobody has any idea if/when they'll be coming out. Just looking at the "Other projects in development" section on Wikipedia, it's an insanely long list where they seem to announce a project as soon as it has a single screenwriter attached, even if there aren't any actors cast, directors chosen, etc.

I really hope that we get a Green Lantern Corps movie and a Man of Steel sequel, though. Henry Cavill finally felt like a traditional Superman by the end of Justice League, in my opinion, and it would be a shame if he was recast.
Batgirl and the Wonder Woman stuff has my interests, but the vast majority of planned movies are just...damn...too many to think ya can do
I feel so bad for the voice actors of Scooby Doo, and how bad they got shafted for Scoob!
Grey especially...also still weird how Frank kept his Scooby-Doo role, but got replaced as Fred
MK is a very volatile mid tier in Ultimate. After his major nerfs and becoming more irrelevant, people are dropping him for a better character.

I personally used him as an alt for a bit in Smash 4, but I would never consider using him in Ultimate because he doesn't fit my playstyle and I'm just not interested in him anymore.
and then there's a me...still maining Pit despite how others see him...being loyal to my homie and playing characters based on whether or not I like them as a character outside of Smash

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just readed from Chapter 1 to Chapter 43~ of Dorohedoro, and man, I feel like this series was made for me. So much so that....tbh, I kinda wish I could stop the Eggman gimmick & go full Kaiman atm, buuuuuut I don't have premium, so we will see.

That said, I love the characters & the tone of this series, I have to look the anime when I get the chance.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Apparently the LEGO Ninjago Movie video game is free on Steam right now. I thought the movie was quite okay compared to the others, but hey, a free game is a free game. I'll have a crack at it.

Dutch Raikuna

So been playing Mortal Kombat X a lot today.

Outside of customisation, guest characters and a few small things, its still a far better game than MK 11 in my view.

And now playing Civilization VI, going for a conquest victory as Korea.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I've seen people who are still complaining about the Smash Ballot being rigged and/or an excuse to include Bayonetta, and that was over four years ago.

Heck, I'm sure that there are some people out there who are still upset that Snake was included in Brawl since he's "out of place" and/or he opened the door to third party characters being included. People like to complain.
I’ve gotten over Bayonetta, and have even gotten into the series itself. Had she not been added already, she would be one of my most wanted rn.

Although those 2018 datamines proving Bayonetta was planned since a week after the ballot was announced kinda revived the whole “ballot is rigged” thing. But then Ultimate happening, and the big ballot characters people wanted being added to that kinda stopped it.

I originally hated her because she wasn’t K. Rool. I have K. Rool now and don’t care.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Caught 3 carvannha myself but none had good ivs. Still both are great shinies and my battle league team is mostly set in place
My team for Great League is Umbreon, Skarmory and Blaziken.

I would use Azumarill, but mine is too weak at the moment.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
but you know what
gurren lagann is one of the usual "hey watch this" anime
so for a more uncommon recommendation, i'd say gintama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom