• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's something I've been thinking about. A personal project thread and stickied like the Social Thread.
I mean we've got for example.

We've got a few artists here.
We have at least two voice actors.
Video Editors
People like myself who are story writers.
People who want to be game designers.

I think a thread has been needed. Thought from the mods for this?
I think as well there has been times where someone has posted something like a drawing and gets buried, which annoys them.
Up there on the number board here I posted a quick story thing and got buried, myself hoping for some thoughts..
Lastly as well it would just work for those who wants the social board to be more posting random stuff and short conversations.
godammit I said I wasn't going to go back and post for the rest of the day.

Anyway, yeah, I def think this is at least a good idea. Dunno how everyone else thinks about it thou.

edit: I do find it funny how I fit the bill for most of the criteria for that list of people who would appreciate a thread you posted(the only one that I can't tie myself too is VA work lmao)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's something I've been thinking about. A personal project thread and stickied like the Social Thread.

Video Editors

I think as well there has been times where someone has posted something like a drawing and gets buried, which annoys them.
Up there on the number board here I posted a quick story thing and got buried, myself hoping for some thoughts..
Lastly as well it would just work for those who wants the social board to be more posting random stuff and short conversations.
I approve of this idea, count me in!:grin:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Video Editors

I just did that drawing for JD this morning so I’d like to think I’m a decent artist. Count me in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
toplogo1.png

Major update. The BG ultimately was the issue, and is now the title screen BG at this time. Thanks to some simple tools like rotation, and a bit of eraser, MSPaint(woot, it still does its job), and some cutting tools, I have a transparent version.

Note this is my second day with Paint.net. Not too shabby for a beta logo. Yeah, it's not that unique. I don't want it to be. It's just a starter game, you know?

Shroob

Sup?
Y'all ever work on something underneath a cabinet, just to hear someone call your name and mash the back of your skull into the cabinet's ceiling?

Ouch

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Y'all ever work on something underneath a cabinet, just to hear someone call your name and mash the back of your skull into the cabinet's ceiling?

Ouch
I don't think this happened to me once, but I've seen it happen before. I've knocked my head on things without being called, and it hurts like a mofo. Yeish.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 264142
Major update. The BG ultimately was the issue, and is now the title screen BG at this time. Thanks to some simple tools like rotation, and a bit of eraser, MSPaint(woot, it still does its job), and some cutting tools, I have a transparent version.

Note this is my second day with Paint.net. Not too shabby for a beta logo. Yeah, it's not that unique. I don't want it to be. It's just a starter game, you know?
Now that is a good looking logo, if I do say so myself.

Anyway, this time it's for real. Bye Bye ya'll, going to peace out for the rest of the day(and maybe for the next, depends on how I'm feeling honestly)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Ouch
Sometimes when I’m doing the dishes I forget to close the cabinet where the glasses go and accidentally smack my head on the wooden door

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We have episode titles for future that seem to hint towards some big things:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Ouch
I did this recently but I was actually working underneath a printing press.

Hurts a little bit more than a cabinet, TBH.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Playing through SM64 Star Road (a SM64 ROM hack) atm and while it is fun, the level design can be a bit annoying at times. It's definitely a lot harder than vanilla Mario 64, lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got most of the missions done now to get Symbiote Spider-Man. Just gotta beat the Thanos mission again but in 5 and a half minutes. And to finish the Ultimate mission my main team(getting all 3 stars in it). But I'll try beefing up my main team a handful of levels before trying again.

Also got rid of most my ISO-8's. Which is good since they are way too abundant for something that has a limit on them.

D

Deleted member

So apparently Papagenos portrayed a character in Kick Ass 2.

He posted pictures from the set at Forest Maze but I won’t share them here without his permission.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I did update the image a bit;

toplogo2.png

A lot smoother now.

Also, after reading how eh some Quest 64 FAQs are, I clearly got some work to do to give some very basic information. Though to be fair, you really don't need to know what directions on the C-Pad to even do if you can read what spell is what. However, if you're playing in German/French/Spanish/Japanese, that's another story. Besides that, it's useful information otherwise I'm compiling for Randomizer stuff. Namely, since spells can be randomized when learned, you need to have actual spells known before those to even access them. For instance, you cannot access Rock Lv 3 if you cannot access Rock Lv 1 and Rock Lv 2. The reason is C-Pad directions. C-Pad Left gives you Rock Lv 1. Pressing it against is Rock Lv 2. A third time is Rock Lv 3. The entire elemental menu is directional-based, not a simple list like Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy(and many other RPG's). This actually makes a Randomizer require a lot more thought in how it works.

...It'd also help if a lot of spells were more unique and not "oh, hey, it's just the same but more" for around half of them. One review even says that joke; "A rock but bigger" with how the Rock series of spells work.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:> Well, I just returned from watching the Sonic movie with my family, and I have to say it was a pretty enjoyable movie, and I got quite the laughs with it. I won't go into any detail, but I am SO glad that this was a -game- movie worth watching unlike the Assassin's Creed movie that literally put me to sleep in less than half an hour.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
:> Well, I just returned from watching the Sonic movie with my family, and I have to say it was a pretty enjoyable movie, and I got quite the laughs with it. I won't go into any detail, but I am SO glad that this was a -game- movie worth watching unlike the Assassin's Creed movie that literally put me to sleep in less than half an hour.
The last video game movie I saw(note I don't mean ones like Pixels or Wreck-It Ralph which are more crossovers/unique worlds) was Doom. I will say it was honestly good, but the home release would be better if they actually put censors on the constant amount of F-Bombs. It'd make it funnier at least.

Otherwise, it wasn't perfectly faithful(aliens instead of demons), but it still got a good chunk of what you'd expect. A gorefest of epic proportions.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Friend from my old school showed up at my house today. Apparently the school might be about to expel him 3 months before graduation. ._.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm taking a break from this site for a while. This thread is a ghost town nowadays and Smash speculation isn't fun to partake in anymore due to character gatekeepers and the lingering animosity towards Byleth's inclusion. Don't bother trying to convince me to stay because I've already made up my mind.

See y'all tomorrow.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
PicsArt_02-29-01.13.15.png

D

Deleted member

I'm taking a break from this site for a while. This thread is a ghost town nowadays and Smash speculation isn't fun to partake in anymore due to character gatekeepers and the lingering animosity towards Byleth's inclusion. Don't bother trying to convince me to stay because I've already made up my mind.

See y'all tomorrow.
Y'know, I was going to say the same thing, but then again, the possibility of a certain leak might show up. However, Nintendo has been cracking down on leaks a bit lately. Maybe I should spend more time on my other activities. though I'm concerned about my advocacy though.

I'm not going to be easily notified if certain Directs happen. I don't set my notifications on for Reddit, I (am attempting to) deactivate my Twitter account. How the heck am I supposed to know a potential Direct announcement at this rate?

Personally, it's always been a Direct or bust for me. Nintendo has so many great games to announce this year, though what's stopping them? Coronavirus? Personal squabbles? I dunno.

Speculation scene is quite stagnant. The discussions there don't usually peak my interest, and most of the time, it's the inverse of what I want that is being speculated. Everyone is fair game anyway, so why the rush to set up frontrunners? I will totally never forget the speculation period prior to Byleth's inclusion, but this has been a HUGE sleepover for me lately.

Sigh...maybe that Aaronitmar video is correct. The more dead air that happens, the lesser the reveal's impact.

I honestly do not know what to expect honestly haha

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm glad to hear so many people are enjoying the Sonic movie.

I plan to see Sonic at some point in the near future.

The stars have just got to align properly first (my mother also wants to see it, meaning it's got to be a day when we can both go).

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Looking back at the music omissions of Smash...

Why the **** isn't Jenova Absolute in the game

Shroob

Sup?
Looking back at the music omissions of Smash...

Why the **** isn't Jenova Absolute in the game
Why the **** isn't most Final Fantasy music in? lol

Probably too expensive is my only guess. Considering Square doesn't own the FF soundtrack, they'd have to go to who, Uematsu? Nobou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom