• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If it's "Sans=Ness" you're talking about. I admit I'm usually not a fan of it, buuuut sometime, you gotta make lemon into lemonade if you think it's worth it.

Beside, we all know "Lancer=Lucas" is the superior meme in all regards.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I haven't played Earthbound or Undertale so the joke is lost on me.
The joke come from Game Theory making a bad theory that Sans is Ness..and Papyrus is a Starman for some reason.

You can see it on YouTube, and you don't need to know either games to know why it's bad.

Shroob

Sup?
The joke come from Game Theory making a bad theory that Sans is Ness..and Papyrus is a Starman for some reason.

You can see it on YouTube, and you don't need to know either games to know why it's bad.
To add onto this:

Toby Fox got his start making Earthbound ROM hacks, and a lot of what would eventually become Undertale originated in these ROM hacks, so when Undertale became a thing, obviously Toby snuck a couple Earthbound references into the game, like Papyrus' chest piece having the Starmen badges on it.

Gametheory decided to take these little nods and went balls to the ****ing wall and proclaim that Sans, a character who has the ability to basically either teleport between alternate realities, or at the very least see alternate realities, was Ness, because..... a long list of reasons that are a bunch of horse ****.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sans is actually Geno, you can tell because Geno is found behind the waterfall in EarthBound if you wait an additional 7 minutes before entering, and when you see him, he smiles at you then laughs before spinning :geno: then teleporting away, leaving a note that says “haha, pranked you across time and space” then you get 7 seconds to turn off the SNES and swap out the cartridge for SMRPG then turn the console back on, to be greeted to a special style of the game where Geno says a bunch of star-related puns after every fight whether or not you have him in battle.

There’s also a lost episode of SpongeBob where Patrick is wearing a super-lucky-limited-time-special-edition of a “Gino” costume for the whole episode and he throws yellow discs and shoots star-shaped candies, all of this just backing up this theory because we all know Patrick is Sans, and so if Patrick is Geno, that must mean Geno is also Sans.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk, have a nice night (or day if you live in Moonside).:starman2::geno::ness:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To add onto this:

Toby Fox got his start making Earthbound ROM hacks, and a lot of what would eventually become Undertale originated in these ROM hacks, so when Undertale became a thing, obviously Toby snuck a couple Earthbound references into the game, like Papyrus' chest piece having the Starmen badges on it.

Gametheory decided to take these little nods and went balls to the *ing wall and proclaim that Sans, a character who has the ability to basically either teleport between alternate realities, or at the very least see alternate realities, was Ness, because..... a long list of reasons that are a bunch of horse *.
To add on to this even further, MatPat released a video like 2-4 weeks about how unfair it is he got an unprecedented amount of hate for the video, complaining about how harsh people were by making fun of it. The like to dislike ratio was always 90-10 and he was sad because people made fun of him saying bones aren't organic and that 2 very different poses 'matched up perfectly' and ****. Knowing him, he's gonna inflate his ego so much more because of Sakurai which makes what I just said even more ironic

KillerCage

Smash Master

To add onto this:

Gametheory decided to take these little nods and went balls to the *ing wall and proclaim that Sans, a character who has the ability to basically either teleport between alternate realities, or at the very least see alternate realities, was Ness, because..... a long list of reasons that are a bunch of horse *.
To add on to this even further, MatPat released a video like 2-4 weeks about how unfair it is he got an unprecedented amount of hate for the video, complaining about how harsh people were by making fun of it. The like to dislike ratio was always 90-10 and he was sad because people made fun of him saying bones aren't organic and that 2 very different poses 'matched up perfectly' and ****. Knowing him, he's gonna inflate his ego so much more because of Sakurai which makes what I just said even more ironic
I think MangaKamen sums up all the problems MatPat's theory has though one counterargument falls flat considering he referenced Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aurane Aurane , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms & anyone who is a fan on Undertale & Deltarune

The update on Deltarune developpement as been release! Feel free to check it out here.
Aw ****, here we goooooo
maxresdefault (1).jpg

A few things I figured I should point out:
I did not know Toby was disabled. That.. is... uh.. well, really interesting.
Temmie pitching in to help once more is a nice touch. Really goes to show how well the duo mesh together.
Chapter 3, at a conceptual level, is pretty much done(no work on the actual gameplay but rather all of the story beats and designs) which means the wait for Chapter 3 will likely not be as long. Cool.

Overall this is pretty good news. Can't wait for Chapter 2!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Aw ****, here we goooooo

A few things I figured I should point out:
I did not know Toby was disabled. That.. is... uh.. well, really interesting.
Temmie pitching in to help once more is a nice touch. Really goes to show how well the duo mesh together.
Chapter 3, at a conceptual level, is pretty much done(no work on the actual gameplay but rather all of the story beats and designs) which means the wait for Chapter 3 will likely not be as long. Cool.

Overall this is pretty good news. Can't wait for Chapter 2!
It's always the peoples who try their hardest who end up getting hands/wrist problems, Sakurai had problems with his hands at one point during either Smash 4 or Ultimate developpement if I remember correctly, 'guess that's one thing they share in common. :ultkrool:

It's noteworthy that Toby think he & his team can finish Chapter 2 before the end of the year, and like you said, chapter 3 & onward (there's a "+" after Chapter 3, meaning there's more) will be much easier to finish once that's taken care of, so we won't have to wait 7 years like Toby predicted!.....hopefully.

Finally, less to do with a Deltarune in a sense, but Toby released dialogues for a alarm clock winter app that was cancel for various reasons. Said dialogues come right from the characters themselves and reveal, as far as I read, very interesting tidbits here and there, notably:

Noelle's dad existed in the Undertale universe, but died presumably a long time ago. What does this mean alongside the character named Suzy by one of Gaster Followers? YOU decide. ;)

Here's all the other dialogues too, in case you're like me & got nothing better to do.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm faced with a tough decision.

Do I work on my story or do I play or watch an inspiration for my story?

I need to really get into a job.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've been teasing to one of my friends about him going back to college........coming from the guy not doing anything this year. It's fine to take a year away from the world I think. Gonna phone the doctors tomorrow and see my health again.

If I reach 25 and still in this position then yes I should start panicking.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So there's gonna be a third chapter after this upcoming second one...

that's a lot of story lol. I dig it.
Think there's going to be more than 3 chapters, there's a "+" after it, and Toby did say it be longer than a full run of Undertale, especially on the cutscene side. (Unless chapter 2 & 3 are really THAT long, but that be weird with the "Asriel coming back in 1 week" setup of Chapter 1 & the theory that each chapter will focus on a dark world that is based off a place from Hometown, Chapter 1 dark world is based off the games Kris & Susie founded in the backroom, while Chapter 2 dark world might be based off the hospital due to the nurse gang screenshot)

Hard to say at this point, but I look forward regardless!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I drew a new avatar pic
sketch1600177166383.jpg

Still not exactly what I want it to be but looking at some of my earliest drawings...yeah this is pretty close to where I wanna be

D

Deleted member

Have any of you used a noise machine before?

I'm quite sensitive and I find loud noise extremely annoying. I love having my noise machine on in my room, I feel a lot more relaxed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Also man, my story ideas are working well two days in a row! New locations, expanding ideas for characters, names for Story Arcs.

I'll serve up what I've been cooking later on this week.
For me my drawing is going well... still need to actually figure out what I'm gonna do with my OC's but for now I'm just practicing so it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom