• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I've pretty much lost my faith in humanity as a whole.

If we keep reacting the way we do to every pandemic that follows, the sooner we'll probably be leading up to our doom given how the coronavirus is already effecting the economy notably riots and mobs because its apparently were now just an bunch of fearmongering murderboners that doesn't benefit us. Multiple movies has been delayed, Italy is on complete lockdown, travel to Europe has been ban and now Trump stating this could cause the next Great Depression.

May as well just cancel this year in everything alone and stay at home because what's the point of life at this point.

Yet we as an society continues to ignore already deadly diseases that kills many every year such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, rotovirus and various other viruses continuing to let those spread rather then contain but when an new virus pops up everyone loses their ****.
Yeah... We do live in a harsh reality don't we? Ever since last year, my view of the world had changed up very dramatically and it's been affecting some parts of myself personality-wise.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

If we keep reacting the way we do to every pandemic that follows, the sooner we'll probably be leading up to our doom given how the coronavirus is already effecting the economy notably riots and mobs because its apparently were now just an bunch of fearmongering murderboners that doesn't benefit us. Multiple movies has been delayed, Italy is on complete lockdown, travel to Europe has been ban and now Trump stating this could cause the next Great Depression.

May as well just cancel this year in everything alone and stay at home because what's the point of life at this point.

Yet we as an society continues to ignore already deadly diseases that kills many every year such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, rotovirus and various other viruses continuing to let those spread rather then contain but when an new virus pops up everyone loses their ****.

I'm also just sick and tired of all this talk of the coronavirus because no matter where I go I can't escape it both the internet and public.
This not only acts like pandemics happen regularly, but also horrifically downplays the deaths of nearly 4000 people. You want to make sure society doesn't collapse if this happens again? Vote for people who actually want to try and solve it instead of giving corporations benefits to make sure they don't lose too much under the pandemic while providing zero support or testing for the public

D

Deleted member

If we keep reacting the way we do to every pandemic that follows
If we got through swine flu, which was worse and also happened a year after the 2008 housing crisis, we're getting through Corona just fine. Just find something else to do with your time for now mate. Your convenience doesn't outweigh controlling the spread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm sorry...I just snapped from all this peer pressure given everything going on now...:(
If we got through swine flu, which was worse and also happened a year after the housing crisis, we're getting through Corona just fine. Just find something else to do with your time for now mate. Your convenience doesn't outweigh controlling the spread.
Yet society is treating this much worst then what swine flu was?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yet society is treating this much worst then what swine flu was?
Swine flu has killed more people; this is what I referred to.

Corona doesn't have a vaccine yet and has the potential to kill more than swine flu in total if not contained. Are you fine with that?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's fine.

Something up, mate? Peer pressure can always get someone down.
Sorta I guess. Assuming the virus gets here where I live I should be fine getting sick at most as with other members of my family given how healthy we are.

Its just my grandpa I'm concerned about...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorta I guess. Assuming the virus gets here where I live I should be fine getting sick at most as with other members of my family given how healthy we are.

Its just my grandpa I'm concerned about...
I feel ya. We'll get through this. Humanity's stronger than we think.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Talking about the Coronavirus again?

Honestly people are talking about millions of deaths and ****. Yes things are getting cancelled which is unprecedented but I just think it'll be a roughish few months.
And across the border just closed it's schools and stuff.
So yeah I agree with @Bolderousness here on this and understand the worries Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester .

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Talking about the Coronavirus again?

Honestly people are talking about millions of deaths and ****. Yes things are getting cancelled which is unprecedented but I just think it'll be a roughish few months.
And across the border just closed it's schools and stuff.
So yeah I agree with @Bolderousness here on this and understand the worries Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester .
You think they'll find a cure by then? That's the main concern along with the economy being effected until then all we can do is keep containing it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hope you're right.

Guess I'm not as strong willed as I thought I was.

Plus the possibility of the next great depression occurring and we all know how that ended up leading many becoming homeless.
The best way to prevent another Great Depression is actually surprisingly close to happening, Bernie Sanders' policies would make sure that wouldn't happen, the Great Depression happened because everyone put their money at one place right? Bernie's policies would ensure financial safety nets for everyone, especially those who are sick. Economy grows when more people spend money, economy collapsing happens when people can't spend money, i.e, the average joe can't afford to buy food (which America is already close to)

D

Deleted member

You think they'll find a cure by then? That's the main concern along with the economy being effected until then all we can do is keep containing it.
It'll take a few months. April 2009 was when Swine flu first reportedly hit America and a vaccine was getting pumped out by July 2009.

At least according to this timeline.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It'll take a few months. April 2009 was when Swine flu first reportedly hit America and a vaccine was getting pumped out by July 2009.

At least according to this timeline.
I suddenly feel more optimistic.

Now that I can think about it now I'm being rational regarding the 2008 financial crisis I recall I wasn't even aware of that happening. Don't think I have to worry about another Great Depression occurring.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The best way to prevent another Great Depression is actually surprisingly close to happening, Bernie Sanders' policies would make sure that wouldn't happen, the Great Depression happened because everyone put their money at one place right? Bernie's policies would ensure financial safety nets for everyone, especially those who are sick. Economy grows when more people spend money, economy collapsing happens when people can't spend money, i.e, the average joe can't afford to buy food (which America is already close to)
Isn't primaries voting over by now? At least in my state.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
As great as Bernie Sanders is, it's become pretty clear that he won't be getting that nomination. The entire DNC has decided to rally behind Biden because he's the less progressive candidate, and I don't see him winning the election.
I know it sucks that events are being canceled and movies are being delayed, but people are being extremely cautious for a reason. 4000+ people have died, more than 110,000 people are infected, and it has the potential to get worse and worse. I would much rather miss out on some entertainment for a while than see more needless deaths.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways were gonna pull through.

That said prayers are still out to those infected they make an fine recovery and everyone around the world are safe and there aren't anymore deaths.
I know it sucks that events are being canceled and movies are being delayed, but people are being extremely cautious for a reason. 4000+ people have died, more than 110,000 people are infected, and it has the potential to get worse and worse. I would much rather miss out on some entertainment for a while than see more needless deaths.
I was under peer pressure earlier. Never meant any of that stuff but yes the safety of lives are more important then entertainment.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So the real question is how's the democratic bloke looking this year?
his turnout is way up over hillary's equivalent results back in 2016 which is promising for getting trump out, but i'm not holding my breath yet

people really didn't like hillary and god damn do biden's results show that

D

Deleted member

his turnout is way up over hillary's equivalent results back in 2016 which is promising for getting trump out, but i'm not holding my breath yet

people really didn't like hillary and god damn do biden's results show that
What are his policies?

Sorry for asking about a small crash course, but I haven't been keeping up since 2017

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What are his policies?

Sorry for asking about a small crash course, but I haven't been keeping up since 2017
status quo obama-era stuff though his voting record on stuff like gay marriage was a little yikes until he became obama's VP and started aligning more with his direction

his pitch is basically "let's get ourselves out of his insane cluster**** of a trump government and go back to how it was before 2016"

it's not the radical change progressive movements want but i think we're getting there

D

Deleted member

status quo obama-era stuff though his voting record on stuff like gay marriage was a little yikes until he became obama's VP and started aligning more with his direction

his pitch is basically "let's get ourselves out of his insane cluster**** of a trump government and go back to how it was before 2016"

it's not the radical change progressive movements want but i think we're getting there
Noted, doubly so if Trump does **** up the economy lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyway can I just say how gobsmacked I am at how all these countries, especially 'the greatest of the world' have been struggling with this and Africa, commonly portrayed as completely underdeveloped to the point I don't think I've seen at least 5 shows or movies show Africa having typical city buildings, handle it incredibly well with better countermeasures than countries that are supposed to be richer?

D

Deleted member

Anyway can I just say how gobsmacked I am at how all these countries, especially 'the greatest of the world' have been struggling with this and Africa, commonly portrayed as completely underdeveloped to the point I don't think I've seen at least 5 shows or movies show Africa having typical city buildings, handle it incredibly well with better countermeasures than countries that are supposed to be richer?
What's Africa doing?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

The problem with Biden is that he has about as much charisma as Hillary Clinton and I'm pretty sure he either has dementia or he's senile.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's why social scientists are starting to drop GNP as a way to calculate how developed a country is.

Money alone doesn't mean that much if you can't/won't hand it out fairly or use it effectively.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The problem with Biden is that he has about as much charisma as Hillary Clinton and I'm pretty sure he either has dementia or he's senile.
he does have all the charisma of a bag of oatmeal, but he's also pulling in crazy numbers of voters over hillary so something's sticking

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What's Africa doing?
Africa has low ass infection counts and did this
Mandatory handwashing before public transport by using public sinks that are activated by weight pressure from feet so people don't touch taps to potentially infect them. Compared to "We will now wash the subway twice a day" or a refusal for benefit programs, Africa seems significantly better at this. South Korea's doing a good job at keeping the virus at bay too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom