• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I was reading a thread on the Pokémon press conference and this comment made me laugh:

View attachment 224785
Now I would play that. I enjoyed the game. I enjoyed the movie. I bet I would enjoy a game based on the movie that was based on the game.

Holy **** I'm looking at the Sonic Twitter Takeover and Shadow yelled "SILENCE BRAND" while calling Tails a corporate shill, Shadow's canonically anti-Capitalism this is brilliant. Also Tails loves MHA which is canon
Cute. It is always fun to see what kind of marketing stunts companies do. And pretending characters can take over twitter is cute. I think they had Wario do it for Nintendo a while ago. It is an interesting fine line to stand.

As for Shadow, I doubt he is anti-capitalist. Being against One company does not expand to all companies.
If anything, he is an anarchist, and things like Communism and Capitalism are beneath him. He did choose to let demons take over the world in an awful game back in the 2000s.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey so something's been bugging me about my procontroller. One side of the grip doesn't seem to be put on properly and is sticking upwards slightly. It's nothing bad although it's pretty distracting if I put my finger around it. Is this normal or should I demand a replacement?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hey so something's been bugging me about my procontroller. One side of the grip doesn't seem to be put on properly and is sticking upwards slightly. It's nothing bad although it's pretty distracting if I put my finger around it. Is this normal or should I demand a replacement?
Could be bad rubber. Does it come off completely, or just stick up?
If it comes off, shave it until it fits. If not, might just have to deal or contact the maker

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It just slightly sticks up on the grip at the right
I personally would just live with it, but that is mainly because I tend to hate cutting up my things. But of it is really bad, try shaving it. No idea if the design is smooth or not, but if it is smooth, you should be able to fix it with some TLC.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was reading a thread on the Pokémon press conference and this comment made me laugh:

View attachment 224785
Now I would play that. I enjoyed the game. I enjoyed the movie. I bet I would enjoy a game based on the movie that was based on the game.
I mean, recursive adaptations have happened before.

There was a video game adaptation of the Street Fighter movie.

Even Pokémon is guilty of it, there was a Video Game based on the Trading Card Game.

...Long story short is that I can totally see there being a Detective Pikachu video game.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Run with it.

Free source of johns to every tourney you take it to.

408.png

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I just noticed. Of the most active posters ATM. I have the oldest account and the fewest posts. You guys are talkative.

*Looks at Zinith*
just think, as of this comment, 17865 posts all about Yoshi.

D

Deleted member

"Oh! That's a Baseball!" has to be the best title for a nonexistent game in the history of anime tbh

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The pro controller discussion reminds me of how much I love the pro controller design. If it had octagonal gates, it'd be the perfect controller. As is, it's just far more comfortable than the GCN controller imo.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The pro controller discussion reminds me of how much I love the pro controller design. If it had octagonal gates, it'd be the perfect controller. As is, it's just far more comfortable than the GCN controller imo.
Yeah but it's not like we can play Smash with it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I really need to watch more Jojo... :ohwell:
It's a very fun series. Part 3 has a lot of skippable episodes due to being kinda villain of the week in the middle of Part 3, but otherwise, it's a blast.

Part 5, the current season, may be my favorite so far.

Yeah but it's not like we can play Smash with it.
I do play smash with it tho lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you can buy custom pro controllers that have the same functionality but with octagonal gates added ( and i think a smaller c stick )

only problem is they cost like 120 bucks

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know about the dogs in Jojo
and tbh they aren't that cute so the only one I might be upset about is Iggy since he has a personality
Oh no that's not what I'm talking about. You're not going to like Jojo as a dog lover
It's a very fun series. Part 3 has a lot of skippable episodes due to being kinda villain of the week in the middle of Part 3, but otherwise, it's a blast.

Part 5, the current season, may be my favorite so far.

I do play smash with it tho lol
Part 3 is easily the worst part because of it. You can trim it down to like 10 episodes, maybe less. Even Part 1 had stuff happen in it.

Part 5's easily got the best group of protagonists, don't know if I want to say Part 4 or Part 6 are the runner up though, because they've both got great characters and Rohan/Annasui

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
you can buy custom pro controllers that have the same functionality but with octagonal gates added ( and i think a smaller c stick )

only problem is they cost like 120 bucks
Oof, that's a bit pricey. At least the default is still solid.

Part 3 is easily the worst part because of it. You can trim it down to like 10 episodes, maybe less. Even Part 1 had stuff happen in it.

Part 5's easily got the best group of protagonists, don't know if I want to say Part 4 or Part 6 are the runner up though, because they've both got great characters and Rohan/Annasui
Completely agreed. I've been considering making a list of safely-skippable episodes in part 3, since there are so many.

I haven't read part 6, but part 4 is definitely my runner up. The first half of 4 gave me echoes of part 3, but it got much better after Kira came into the picture.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
New thread, huh? Tried piecing together what caused the other one to shut down from its last few pages but if anyone would be kind enough to explain what exactly happened in a PM, that'd be appreciated~ Decided to apply for a moderation position since I have enough free time to be on this site everyday, even while at work so may as well offer help in the event that it's needed. Also, there's some AMA thing one can sign up for staindgrey staindgrey ? I'll take a shot at it. I'm not talkative enough for many to wanna ask me much, if anything anyways.

As for current discussion, I don't watch Jojo (or any anime really...or TV or movies for the most part) but I do use the pro controller for any game that supports it on Switch. The price of them is rather ridiculous though, plus I just wish Nintendo would go back to the Gamecube and prior days where they packed the 'normal' controller with the console. And then there's the lovely question of why doesn't LGPE support it when it's fully capable of supporting more traditional controls when in handheld mode? My fiancee is actually worried they'll pull a similar forced motion control scheme in TV mode for Animal Crossing, mostly thanks to LGPE though it's not the only game guilty of that (Skyward Sword, Starfox Zero).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Part 3 is easily the worst part because of it. You can trim it down to like 10 episodes, maybe less.
They milked Part 3 10 episodes more than it's supposed to be.

Part 4 manga is way longer than Part 3's.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh **** i totally forgot that a new jojolion came out while my laptop was out of commission

i should probably get to reading that

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oof, that's a bit pricey. At least the default is still solid.

Completely agreed. I've been considering making a list of safely-skippable episodes in part 3, since there are so many.

I haven't read part 6, but part 4 is definitely my runner up. The first half of 4 gave me echoes of part 3, but it got much better after Kira came into the picture.
Part 6 is gonna be good, but a fair warning, it gets more raunchy than other Jojo parts due to Jolyne being uhhhhhh, let's say 'actively outgoing'. Especially with her manga covers with Ermes

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Edit: Removed for being a touch too graphic. For anyone who'd like to know the reference, it's the scene where Kars (Part 2 villain) kills a car driver who was about to run over a dog, saving the dog. ~NeoTermina

We sure Kars ain't a villain?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Edit: Kars saving doggo. ~NeoTermina

We sure Kars ain't a villain?
Honestly Kars is easily the worst Jojo villain. He doesn't have the charisma of Dio or Valentine, he doesn't have the same growth as others, his sympathetic cause is more like flavour text, especially when compared to Pucci, his powers aren't that cool and he's not as well-written as Kira. The nicest thing I have to say about Kars is that he's friends with Wamuu

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
new jojolion was okay

the setup at the end was neat i guess

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
They milked Part 3 10 episodes more than it's supposed to be.

Part 4 manga is way longer than Part 3's.
They did? Huh, didn't realize this. The awful pacing makes way more sense, then.

Part 6 is gonna be good, but a fair warning, it gets more raunchy than other Jojo parts due to Jolyne being uhhhhhh, let's say 'actively outgoing'. Especially with her manga covers with Ermes
Eh, could be worse lol. I do have to wonder if the show will downplay it, especially with how I heard they changed up Part 5 a bit for better pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom