• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And like I keep saying. They could have done all that characterization and humanization without abandoning the gameplay that really makes God of War, God of War.
In my view regarding it and as someone who played one of the earlier games (Ascension) a few weeks back I don't think it would have worked. If anything, I think it hasn't aged as well. I think the switch to over the shoulder worked better but I agree that the combo system should have been incorporated into it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In my view regarding it and as someone who played one of the earlier games (Ascension) a few weeks back I don't think it would have worked. If anything, I think it hasn't aged as well. I think the switch to over the shoulder worked better but I agree that the combo system should have been incorporated into it.
Okay. Ascension is like... the worst classic GoW. Play the 3 remaster on PS4 to get a glimpse of the franchise at its best before you judge.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Okay. Ascension is like... the worst classic GoW. Play the 3 remaster on PS4 to get a glimpse of the franchise at its best before you judge.
I've played all of the main God of War games in one form or another. I picked Ascension cause I last played it.
I know the series well enough to have a view on the gameplay.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ghosts of Tsushima looks bland, never been a fan of the last of us, and how can you get excited for a console with zero compelling games.

Look, it’s not that the games are bad, it’s just that there’s so little variety. The Last of Us, The Last of Us on a Motorcycle, Dark Souls in Victorian London, Dark Souls with Norse Mythology, Dark Souls in Japan, like where’s the spark of inspiration. Where’s the color? Where’s the goofy stuff?
The console itself didn't even get it's official reveal chill. There's bound to be stuff they show off when said official reveal happens.

Honestly I would say between Uncharted 4, Spider-Man and Ghosts of Tsushima, I would say they actually use color pretty well. Just because said character's aren't brightly color animal mascots doesn't mean said games aren't colorful in their own right. There's also Street Fighter 5, which is only on PS4 and PC.

Really the only thing I can agree on is that some of those titles, barring Insomniac's Spider-Man (a game a like a LOT) and maaaaaybe Ghosts is that not many of them are up my alley.

And like I keep saying. They could have done all that characterization and humanization without abandoning the gameplay that really makes God of War, God of War. I really like the story in 4. But not enough to save it.

Hey. I have depth. My two favorite genres are platformers and hack n slash. And those genres usually have very different aesthetics.

Not Sony games. Those are third parties. Kakarot isn’t even an exclusive.
Persona 5 is still exclusive to the PS4.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As long as we don’t get a Pink Gold Peach or Dr. Fire Mario situation then I’m all for it.
"What's that? You want Ice Daisy in your new Mario Sports game? Aight bet."

I'd really like to know the thought process on them choosing characters for these spin-offs. Cause it's such an ideal way to get obscure weirdos to become almost iconic.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I would say between Uncharted 4, Spider-Man and Ghosts of Tsushima, I would say they actually use color pretty well. Just because said character's aren't brightly color animal mascots doesn't mean said games aren't colorful in their own right. There's also Street Fighter 5, which is only on PS4 and PC.

Really the only thing I can agree on is that some of those titles, barring Insomniac's Spider-Man (a game a like a LOT) and maaaaaybe Ghosts is that not many of them are up my alley.
I concede to that. These games are all very pretty. Not much more though. Except Uncharted. That looks good.
Persona 5 is still exclusive to the PS4.
True. But my quote was about lackluster Sony games. Not third party exclusives.
The console itself didn't even get it's official reveal chill. There's bound to be stuff they show off when said official reveal happens.
I hope you’re right. For all our sakes.

Shroob

Sup?
God

It'll never not amuse me how deep Kirby lore of all things get.

A game with basically no real plot other than "Give me back my cake" can erupt some intense emotional reactions.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You guys are way too obsessed with this jello mold.
Gooigi is the ultimate life form. His rise to dominance cannot be stopped.

Gooigi is eternal.

God

A game with basically no real plot other than "Give me back my cake" can erupt some intense emotional reactions.
Remember that time Susie's dad got his soul sucked into a computer and you could hear his screams of agony while you beat said computer up?
Ha ha, funny Kirby game! :4kirby:

D

Deleted member

God

What’s really funny is if you take all the games into account, Kirby is basically god-level; hell he even defeated a few!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Heyo folks, I been trying/tweaking some news colors for Alicia, tell me if it look good or not.

I show the previous version first & the new version to help you see better.

Hope you like the new one, if not, feel free to give feedback!

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ,@Taylor F ,@JDCabrera , AndreaAC AndreaAC , Wademan94 Wademan94 ,@KarneraMythos ,@Dyllybirdy ,@Tako Tuesday & @Noipoi
I think my poor vision might not let me see with clarity what's the change, so I apologize, my friend. Could you point it out, for me?

Shroob

Sup?
Gooigi is the ultimate life form. His rise to dominance cannot be stopped.

Gooigi is eternal.

Remember that time Susie's dad got his soul sucked into a computer and you could hear his screams of agony while you beat said computer up?
Ha ha, funny Kirby game! :4kirby:
And the reason he did what he did was because he was in grief over losing his daughter and wanted to bring her back to him?

For kids!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
And the reason he did what he did was because he was in grief over losing his daughter and wanted to bring her back to him?

For kids!
My favorite happy ha ha Kirby game for kids is the one where there's a demonic fallen angel eyeball that cries blood.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
God

Don’t forgot the absolutely traumatic pause screen descriptions

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

For kids!
Sakurai on the writing board trying to figure out how to make a toddler cry on command.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
God

Shiver Star is also some pretty dark stuff. One of the reasons I love Kirby games so much is that they can become creepy, unsettling, or dark with no warning.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Shiver Star is also some pretty dark stuff. One of the reasons I love Kirby games so much is that they can become creepy, unsettling, or dark with no warning.
I know what you mean. Remember Zero 2 from the same game? He had blood dripping from his eye. Freaking blood in a Kirby game! How creepy can a kid friendly series get?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD Shiver Star is one of my favorite places from Kirby 64, CUTE and Christmasy at the beginning, and then the dark, industrial stuff. (plus it looking like Earth in Ice Age)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
God

I feel like a lot of Nintendo Games are like thus
"Oh, look at this pink puffball interacting with these cute orange puffballs, whoops, now you're fighting a grotesque demonspawn that has bloodcurling realistic screams."
"Look at you being this cool 10 year old catching this cute rat, oh, what's this, you're going to hell and catching Satan. Have fun!"
"Look at Bing Bing Wahoo Man going to space, so majestic, oh, what's this, you wanted to cry while watching the entire universe get shredded piece by piece? No? WELL TOO BAD!"

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've done it! I have bought every single piece of clothing in the game!

Except for the trapper hats but **** those hats they look like garbage.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just thinking about the ending of Galaxy 1. Everyone DIED except for Mario (and Luigi, depending on who you pick) and Rosalina, Bowser was straight up shown dying in the explosion.

I mean, obviously they wouldn't state it, being a family friendly game and all, but considering that Rosalina had to recreate everything, yeah, it's pretty much implied that they all had to be revived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom