• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well. Looks like we’re in for another year of mediocre Sony games.
Have to disagree with ya.

For Ghost of Tsushima is my most anticipated game. I desperately want know the next thing Fumito Ueda (Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian creator) is working on next.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ghosts of Tsushima is coming out (and TLOU2 I guess) and they have to launch a console but okay.
Ghosts of Tsushima looks bland, never been a fan of the last of us, and how can you get excited for a console with zero compelling games.

Look, it’s not that the games are bad, it’s just that there’s so little variety. The Last of Us, The Last of Us on a Motorcycle, Dark Souls in Victorian London, Dark Souls with Norse Mythology, Dark Souls in Japan, like where’s the spark of inspiration. Where’s the color? Where’s the goofy stuff?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I got Luigi's Mansion 3 as a late Christmas gift from my grandparents on Saturday, and now I finally have time to play it. If you all have any tips, let me know!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
how can you get excited for a console with zero compelling games.
why do you think they're showing stuff off at loads of other events?

like where’s the spark of inspiration. Where’s the color? Where’s the goofy stuff?
I can largely agree here though but there is Dreams coming out properly next month and they have Insomniac.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I got Luigi's Mansion 3 as a late Christmas gift from my grandparents on Saturday, and now I finally have time to play it. If you all have any tips, let me know!
Ok, so first off, the character sound effects in the opening cutscene are incredibly muffled, almost to the point of being unheard, and I can hear the music fine. I hope this doesn’t persist.

Edit: Seems to be an issue with my headphones.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I can largely agree here though but there is Dreams coming out properly next month and they have Insomniac.
I mean, they say they'll show stuff at loads of other events but I don't remember them doing much at all after their last conference until they started State of Play. They said E3 2018 was only half the story and then proceeded to show even less at PSX.

Dutch Raikuna

Ghosts of Tsushima looks bland, never been a fan of the last of us, and how can you get excited for a console with zero compelling games.

Look, it’s not that the games are bad, it’s just that there’s so little variety. The Last of Us, The Last of Us on a Motorcycle, Dark Souls in Victorian London, Dark Souls with Norse Mythology, Dark Souls in Japan, like where’s the spark of inspiration. Where’s the color? Where’s the goofy stuff?
Being really blunt about it and I am really into PlayStation's first party games, it's because its feels like Japan Studio where the words you mentioned are, are wasted upon. Look at Gravity Rush and anything made by Fumito Ueda for example. Those games mean so much to me and it feels like they didn't push it to the forefront. Taking them out, I can sort of see your point of view but only about halfway.

The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Days Gone I'm not into.

God of War 2018 along with who I mentioned in the paragraph is one of my favourite games of all time. Mainly because of how tight the game feels and along with Uncharted and Spider-Man PS4, have some of the best acting I have seen in a video game.
There's more to this and I'm willing to debate about it but not now.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Sony are skipping E3 again.
I'm not too bothered, personally. Sony doesn't make anything I care about anymore, and more and more of the games that used to be tied to their platforms are coming to Steam and Nintendo, so I couldn't really care less about the PS5 lol.

Persona is really the only straggler series for me, right now and I'm hoping so bad it'll move to something else. Not gonna buy a PS5 just for a potential Persona 6. Kingdom Hearts as well, but Square putting them on Xbox and their slow but sure growth in support for PC gaming is giving me hope that major mainline KH titles won't be locked onto Sony.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
God of War 2018 along with who I mentioned in the paragraph is one of my favourite games of all time. Mainly because of how tight the game feels and along with Uncharted and Spider-Man PS4, have some of the best acting I have seen in a video game.
Does Kratos actually become likeable like everyone says? I bought the game on sale but so far he's just been a ****.

D

Deleted member

Who the hell is that?
*sigh* figured that was the response I was gonna get.
although maybe I shoulda used a diferent picture to drive the joke home a bit better.
Anyway, he’s Bal. Bal Dragon!
90135ACB-604D-4B1F-89C6-C2B22AB1230F.jpeg

google the name if you wanna know more, don’t feel like typing up an entire essay on the topic atm.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

They better show off some stuff Interesting stuff. Dreams looks interesting although I could probably never have any fun with it the same way Minecraft alludes me.

And like, I want to be excited for what Insomniac could be cooking up but... well.... there’s nothing in The Last of Us that lets you know that this is by the same people who did Crash, Jak, and Uncharted. There’s nothing in Ghosts of Tsushima that lets you know these are the guys who did Sly Cooper and InFamous. So I don’t have much hope that Insomniac will bring us anything that reminds us it’s the team behind Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, or Sunset Overdrive.

Sony has some of my favorite IPs in gaming history. But honestly, I have no faith in them as a publisher anymore. They’ve destroyed all that when their unique groundbreaking studios are making generic AAA souls-like fluff, and when they have no qualms about abandoning what makes a series a series to chase the trends of the medium.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
*sigh* figured that was the response I was gonna get.
although maybe I shoulda used a diferent picture to drive the joke home a bit better.
Anyway, he’s Bal. Bal Dragon!
View attachment 257149

google the name if you wanna know more, don’t feel like typing up an entire essay on the topic atm.
Alright fine, but still not cuter than Riolu wanting a hug.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Being really blunt about it and I am really into PlayStation's first party games, it's because its feels like Japan Studio where the words you mentioned are, are wasted upon. Look at Gravity Rush and anything made by Fumito Ueda for example. Those games mean so much to me and it feels like they didn't push it to the forefront. Taking them out, I can sort of see your point of view but only about halfway.

The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Days Gone I'm not into.

What are you talking about? God of War didn’t get a new game in 2018. There was this generic Norse-mythology themed soulslike game though. I think it was called “Dad of Boi”.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Around when Kratos has to go solo for a bit is when he becomes likeable.
See, that’s the thing. They could have told that deep story and had all the pretty visuals and even still be open world AND still make it feel like God of War but they didn’t. Zoom the camera out, add a jump button, and include a combo system. That’s all they needed to do. But nope. Dark Souls is popular. So God of War needs to become Dark Souls. Mind you, I’ve played this game start to finish. Love the story, pretty much nothing else. When I unlocked the Blades I could sort of trick myself into thinking I was playing god of war. But it wasn’t an effect that lasted long.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
See, that’s the thing. They could have told that deep story and had all the pretty visuals and even still be open world AND still make it feel like God of War but they didn’t. Zoom the camera out, add a jump button, and include a combo system. That’s all they needed to do. But nope. Dark Souls is popular. So God of War needs to become Dark Souls. Mind you, I’ve played this game start to finish. Love the story, pretty much nothing else. When I unlocked the Blades I could sort of trick myself into thinking I was playing god of war. But it wasn’t an effect that lasted long.
You realize the discussion was about Kratos as a character and nothing related to the gameplay right?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm not gonna lie.

Part of why I'm not too concerned over a Direct is because I have let my backlog grow to an absurd number of games. I don't need anything new right now, lol. I got too much, if the early half of this year is light again, I'll actually be super glad.

Dutch Raikuna

Does Kratos actually become likeable like everyone says? I bought the game on sale but so far he's just been a ****.
He does accomplish the intentions of the writer, if you know what I mean. He doesn't become a happy jollie softie but he does earn the end result without me spoling.

What are you talking about? God of War didn’t get a new game in 2018. There was this generic Norse-mythology themed soulslike game though. I think it was called “Dad of Boi”.
I think at the end of the day you're getting tired of the Souls like game style. I play certain games for certain reasons. I played God of War because I thought the premise was interesting and a pretty ballsy move of changing Kratos.
I'm a massive fan of this movement of trying the hardest to humanise game characters and make them better. I like Uncharted, God of War and Spider-Man because the acting pushed the games to new heights.

Shroob

Sup?
I think it's kinda ironic that Snake's always going on about wanting more bright and colorful games

And as someone who's never touched a God of War game, that game seems, to me at least, just a gory, drab hyperviolence fest.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NEW BOSS RUSH MODE!
:2gud::2gud:
Well. Looks like we’re in for another year of mediocre Sony games.
Persona 5 R and Kakarot tho
Spider-Man PS4
the greatest superhero game of all time
I'm not gonna lie.

Part of why I'm not too concerned over a Direct is because I have let my backlog grow to an absurd number of games. I don't need anything new right now, lol. I got too much, if the early half of this year is light again, I'll actually be super glad.
I’m not worried because it’s the Road to WrestleMania...that’s the only thing that brings both excitement and fear to my life every year

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He does accomplish the intentions of the writer, if you know what I mean. He doesn't become a happy jollie softie but he does earn the end result without me spoling.

I think at the end of the day you're getting tired of the Souls like game style. I play certain games for certain reasons. I played God of War because I thought the premise was interesting and a pretty ballsy move of changing Kratos.
I'm a massive fan of this movement of trying the hardest to humanise game characters and make them better. I like Uncharted, God of War and Spider-Man because the acting pushed the games to new heights.
And like I keep saying. They could have done all that characterization and humanization without abandoning the gameplay that really makes God of War, God of War. I really like the story in 4. But not enough to save it.
I think it's kinda ironic that Snake's always going on about wanting more bright and colorful games

And as someone who's never touched a God of War game, that game seems, to me at least, just a gory, drab hyperviolence fest.
Hey. I have depth. My two favorite genres are platformers and hack n slash. And those genres usually have very different aesthetics.
Persona 5 R and Kakarot tho
Not Sony games. Those are third parties. Kakarot isn’t even an exclusive.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Y'all need some Peace and Tranquility:

Just gotta stay chill. Our 30 minute Nintendo ad will come when it comes. :drshrug:
ExperienceTranquility.png

ok.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Feels more like angry Zelda-lite.

I found it started off kind of bland. It got better and more visually interesting but I haven't gone back to progress through it in over a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom